What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How can I get a hot tub when ...  (Read 11007 times)

fatman

Re: How can I get a hot tub when ...
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 05:49:33 pm »
I get such a kick out of dealers who say "it's a pain in the butt to fill a hot tub for just one customer."  All I can say to that is BOO HOO.  I wouldn't consider paying a dealer just to fill a tub either.  Word of mouth can go a long way........

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 05:49:33 pm »

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 05:51:49 pm »
I'm sorry, but there is NO WAY I am sending my customer to some other store for a wet test, so some other sales man can get his hands on them, not in this life time! I don't care if it is in the same company of stores, most of us have been in this business long enough to know what problems this can create. But I'm sure every sales person crusader has work with is far above reproach. What ever tub you want to wet test just say the word.

Well it is set up so the customer gets to deal with a non comission sales manager that is well versed in the product, and I personally have no problem sending people to him as I have known him for 10 yrs and am certain that each customer is well taken care of.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 06:06:30 pm »
I get such a kick out of dealers who say[ "it's a pain in the butt to fill a hot tub for just one customer." ] All I can say to that is BOO HOO.  I wouldn't consider paying a dealer just to fill a tub either.  Word of mouth can go a long way........

Everyone on this site says how important dealers to the purchase of a hot tub. This lets customers know that some dealers are not to commited to customer service!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 06:09:48 pm »
Great thread!

I had no idea that filling a tub (from a dealer's perspective) could be such a problem. Why would I though? When we were testing our tubs for purchase, it was never even suggested to be a problem. Both Beachcomber and Arctic even offered to do so without asking. For the record, the tub that we did purchase in the end was one that was brought out and filled specifically for us to test.

Seems pretty effective to me.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 06:13:38 pm »
Just another thought. Most dealers would sell a spa to someone  100 miles away and still service it. I think the problem with that dealer is he is selling the spa too cheaply and can not afford to have multiple service calls that takes up a techs entire day. This is unlikely with a Hot Spring but also something the dealer must consider.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 06:47:03 pm »
Great thread!

I had no idea that filling a tub (from a dealer's perspective) could be such a problem.

Jc

You're right, Jc, filling a spa for a wet test is something I do not mind doing in the least.  If the customer is taking the time to try my product, I am more than happy to accomodate.  I keep 8 spas wet, clean, and ready to go at all times.  I've stated many times before (and some cupie doll dealers have tried to ridicule it), if I were able, I'd have every spa in here wet and a dry one as well.  Maybe I'll be able to at some point.

When a dealer whines about not wanting to go through the effort for the customer while they're shopping, they sure as squat aren't going to go out of their way after they've taken your money.  

I see a whole bunch of dealers on here posting and posturing and arguing about this and that, me included.  Selling spas is not the most demanding job in the world, obviously.  I'm not saving the world from lawyers and liberals or curing cancer,  truly noble causes.  I'm selling luxury products to people who want to give me large amounts of cash, plain and simple.  No one out there is so all-fired busy that they can't hook up a few wires and stick a hose into a spa.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

salesdvl

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 10:39:30 pm »
Toshay    Tooshay    Tushay ???

Aw heck,  nicely said !!   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2005, 11:25:00 pm »

You're right, Jc, filling a spa for a wet test is something I do not mind doing in the least.  If the customer is taking the time to try my product, I am more than happy to accomodate.  I keep 8 spas wet, clean, and ready to go at all times.  I've stated many times before (and some cupie doll dealers have tried to ridicule it), if I were able, I'd have every spa in here wet and a dry one as well.  Maybe I'll be able to at some point.

When a dealer whines about not wanting to go through the effort for the customer while they're shopping, they sure as squat aren't going to go out of their way after they've taken your money.  

I see a whole bunch of dealers on here posting and posturing and arguing about this and that, me included.  Selling spas is not the most demanding job in the world, obviously.  I'm not saving the world from lawyers and liberals or curing cancer,  truly noble causes.  I'm selling luxury products to people who want to give me large amounts of cash, plain and simple.  No one out there is so all-fired busy that they can't hook up a few wires and stick a hose into a spa.

Terminator
THANK YOU EAST TX......WELL SAID!!!
I bet you will be in business as long as you choose to be in business.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2005, 10:30:58 pm »
today, i had a shopper in he store. I pumped one spa into another, 3 times, three different spas. They bought a tiger river sumatran.
raise your nose to people in your store? Accomodate, sometimes you'll sell one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:31:18 pm by hottub.pool_boy »
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 07:15:50 pm »
today, i had a shopper in he store. I pumped one spa into another, 3 times, three different spas. They bought a tiger river sumatran.
raise your nose to people in your store? Accomodate, sometimes you'll sell one.

BINGO...

Our local HS, Jacuzzi and Sundance dealer will pump water into any spa they have on the floor to wet test.  All the ask is a few hours notice so they can set it up.  The actual moving of the water only takes about 15 minutes according to the sales guy.  Pretty much every dealer in our area was willing to do this for us when we were looking.  Any dealer who was not willing was dropped off the list immediately.  I'd say if you want to sell a 7K-10K spa it's worth the 15 minutes to move some water in it to let the customer try it first.  I don't understand why so many dealers think this is such a big deal.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

rfraboni

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 08:57:55 pm »
Had a good experience at a home show this weekend and have posted that in a new thread.  Thank you for your help and advice.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 09:59:25 pm »
rfraboni:

Don’t take offense to this, but do you know how much of a pain in the butt it is to fill one tub just for you?

Do you know how much of a pain in the butt it is going out of business? :-/ I think you'll actually find that exceptional dealers offer the ability to test any spa. It's one of the aspects that makes them exceptional! ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 10:01:07 pm by Steve »

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2005, 11:01:01 pm »
  Filling tubs that are ready to be filled or on the floor is not a big deal, and if you have a dealer that won't do that while they are trying to sell you, it is hard to believe they will go out of their way to service you once they have your money.  
        I have run tubs from one store to another,  been getting a tub ready for a wet test for the next day at 11pm  and the people don't even show or call the next day.  If the tubs are not sitting in the showroom you have to get guys away from other work to get them down and moved inside.  It is not always as easy as putting a hose in another tub in the showroom..    
  I think both customer and dealer have to respect each others situations.   If it is a tub you are serious about and you will buy with a good wet test, but it is not a tub set up to wet test, it is reasonable for you to want to test it, even if the dealer doesn't have it set up.   If you are undecided about what brand you want, try out the tubs the dealers has ready to wet test,  to see how that brand feels to you.      

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 12:28:16 am by stabone »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 04:16:48 pm »
You should be able to get a MArquis Spa in Raleigh, NC.

rfraboni

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 04:53:50 pm »
Kyle,

You are correct I have spoken with the manager at this store this weekend and we had a few issues to discuss.  The short of the issue is that, because of the previous manager I currently do not have a Euphoria.

The new manager seemed very concerned but all in all it will end up costing me around 1500-2000 more than it would have this past winter (jan/feb time frame).

As I told the new manager it was hard to call and look them again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 04:53:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42