What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Spas  (Read 4658 times)

Brookenstein

Nordic Spas
« on: September 23, 2005, 11:19:38 pm »
Any feedback on this brand of spas?  I'm possibly looking for a 'value' spa to start with, with the plan to upgrade to a dream spa in the next 5+ years.  I don't want crap though.   :)

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Spas
« on: September 23, 2005, 11:19:38 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Nordic Spas
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 09:03:42 am »
Ive heard good things. We do sell a very entry level tub from them, the OMNI. It is a plug & play tub with a durable plastic shell, 13 jets and ozone ready.

Not sure what you mean by entry level. If you mean plug & play also check out Freeflow Spas.

If you want to get an entry level tub that is going to be hard wired, I have a couple of suggestions:
1. Get a 60 Amp breaker installed with the appropriate wire, even if the entry level tub doesn't call for it. This way you do the electrical once. It would be a waste to replace the breaker and wire in 5 years or less.
2. Leave lots of extra wire somewhere between the tub and breaker (or inside the tub). This way if the dream install is in a different location than the entry level, it will be much easier.

Hope this helps,
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 10:36:35 am »

Not sure what you mean by entry level.

Cheap, lol.  Or at least cheaper than most of the 'quality' spas that are reccomended here on a daily basis.

Thanks for the wiring advice that was very helpful.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 12:54:29 pm »
You may also look at Freeflow.
Measure once, cut twice.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 01:32:47 pm »
Those who mention Free Flow do you think they are comparable to the Nordic....As the Nordic use a wood or synthetic standing and the Free Flows are all rotationally molded ...Am I wrong to think the Nordic are more like a acrylic spa with the frame and apperacence...I think really Nordic falls in between the two ....anyone out there owning or selling them with any feed back....

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 04:45:20 pm »
I have sold both Nordic and Freefow.  I mentioned Freeflow because I think they do offer a good value for the money.  Yes, I think the Nordic would be a little bit of an upgrade, but it depends on which model.  I know the Freeflow Legend is pretty much the same thing as the Nordic Crown II but alot less money.  So the value would be to the Freeflow in that comparison.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 04:46:15 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 05:04:18 pm »
I also have sold both.  My store has never had a single service call on the Freeflows we sold, but that cannot be said of the Nordic.  They used to be better but have slid down in quality as of late.  BTW their shell is not acrylic it is a type of plastic..like a milk jug.  It can stain very easily and the color is just a stick on the surface...check it out!  My call would be for Freeflow....Good luck!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:22:31 pm »
Yes I am aware about the shell not being Acrylic ....I have heard from many they are very good as a value type spa .....Free Flows are built not far from us.....I had heard more mixed things about them than the Nordics....

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 05:25:04 pm »
I looked at Freeflows website.  They are built 20 minutes or so from me.  I was dissapointed that I can't locate a dealer from their site and instead had to fill out a form and request info.  I like instant gratification.   ;)

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 08:08:11 pm »
Would the electric costs of either of these type of spas be significantly more than say a Tiger River or Marquis?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 11:20:36 am »
Would the electric costs of either of these type of spas be significantly more than say a Tiger River or Marquis?

It is difficult to say. The heater is the component that uses the most electricity. The plug'n'play tubs use either a 1kW heater or a heat recovery system. Most hard wired tubs use a 4-6kW heater.

That said, the TR or Marquis would insulated better.

The big difference with a plug'n'play (regarding the heater) is the tubs ability to maintain its temperature with the cover off and the jets on high speed. A heater on plug'n'play with a 1kW heater will not will not heat with the jets on high speed.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 12:02:06 pm »
A heater on plug'n'play with a 1kW heater will not will not heat with the jets on high speed.

Brook,
This shouldn't be a big deal for you since you live in a warm climate. A 1KW heater should do the trick. You won't be able to run the jets for 20 minutes at a time without a temp drop but most people run the jets 5-10 minutes and soak without jets part of the time.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 03:52:31 pm »

Brook,
This shouldn't be a big deal for you since you live in a warm climate. A 1KW heater should do the trick. You won't be able to run the jets for 20 minutes at a time without a temp drop but most people run the jets 5-10 minutes and soak without jets part of the time.

Fair comment. Often I make observations considering the Canadian climate. I had a Softub, and in temperatures below -10 Celcius, you notice the temperature drop within 10 minutes.

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 04:04:23 pm »
During the summer we plan to keep the spa as cool as humanly possible and then in the winter it would probably be around 98-100 (tops) because we have small children who will be in it.  Given our temp needs and the climate here, I think we could probably get away with a plug n play ok.  I was just concerned that instead of the '$1 day' costs I might be looking at the type that cost $100/mo that I was warned about from some of the spa dealers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 04:04:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42