What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: help!! narrowed down to these!!  (Read 4774 times)

poopsy

help!! narrowed down to these!!
« on: September 20, 2005, 08:18:11 pm »
1-sundance optima

2- jacuzzi 365//385

3-caldera niagara

4- marquis epic

5- hs grandee

its very tough decision....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:54:38 pm by poopsy »

Hot Tub Forum

help!! narrowed down to these!!
« on: September 20, 2005, 08:18:11 pm »

Debra

Re: help!! narrowed down to these!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 08:34:16 pm »
We checked out all of these as well.  I think they are all good spas.  We chose the Sundance Optima after wet testing it.  We loved the foot dome because it helped us to not be pushed out of our seats.  The jets on the foot dome feel great too.  We found the neck jets on the Niagara too constrictive.  Didn't care for the moto-massage of the Hot Springs and the jacuzzi didn't seem quite the quality of the Sundance.  That's just our opinion as to how they felt to us.  Let your wet test decide because they are all a good choice.

poopsy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 08:41:25 pm »
i understand about the niagara but i do like the switch-hitter seat which can double as a small lounger...and power to all areas was very good...

the jacuzzi is a good spa but i diidnt like the filter cover..

the moto massage was neat but i think i am leaning away from that...

poopsy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 08:50:33 pm »
i just realized something after i sent a private mesage to med here...i would like a spa that gives you a different therapy in each seat..so it makes the spa versatile...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 09:54:13 pm »
try an arctic tub, they are designed for therapy.  Each seat targets a different area.  Just an idea, not trying to throw a wrench into your plans

Good luck and what ever one you pick, im sure you will be happy.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 10:31:11 pm »
Optima would be my choice!

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 10:34:05 pm »
I took door number four and it's great.  It blew away every other tub that we tried.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 11:51:22 pm »
Jacuzzi comes off the same line as the Sundance.  I think their jets feel better because the orifices are larger and less "needling".  The 365 seemed a tad small.  Had we gone with Jacuzzi, we'd probably would have taken the 385.  I think there is a small drop in quality in the little things.  I would place Jacuzzi between the Sundance 800 series and 700 series.  I think you get 800 series or better performance with 700 series supporting features and a 700 series like price.  I agree with Debra regarding the Motomassage.  It wasn't for me.  Given it's a tough decision, I believe if you poke around, all mentioned are regarded as quality spas and you probably will be happy with whatever you choose.

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 10:42:56 am »
I'm with Cola...we loved the Epic because of the therapy we get in each seat.  The jets have larger openings so they are more comfortable for longer periods of time.  Loved the net jets!!

I'm sure you'll be happy with any of those choices.
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:24:57 am »
try an arctic tub, they are designed for therapy.  Each seat targets a different area.

LOL, so do each of the 5 he's narrowed his search down to and they're all designed to insulate well in cold climates as well. Arctic is a fine spa but he's asking about the 5 he's narrowed down to.

Poopsy,
Wow, I'm not sure how any of us can help you. You have a list of 5 of the most popular spas in the industry. If you add the units sold of those spas they'd probably be more than any single spa manufacturer sells in a year. You'll certainly find owners of all of them praising their spa as well as their dealers and manufacturers but that won't tell you which to get. It all comes down to the wet test, the quality of your dealer, etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 12:58:57 pm »
you know what, this is the kind of stuff that really upsets me.  Spatech usa, you act like a child sometimes, and this is just one of those examples.  I get it, you dont like arctic, get over it.  If you read carefully, I said not to throw a wrench in the plans, I just wanted to add my two cents. I know my tub gives good therapy because I own it.

Your attitude can only make one LOL.  You look foolish when you have to attack with comments about insulation.  That is not what I was getting at and you know it.  You just felt the need to throw in an insult about arctic.  

I really enjoy this board because it is a place where you can come for info and knowledge.  The most informed customer is the best customer.  This site is not meant for dealers to push a particular brand and insult others.  

I can only laugh at the mature comment that you made.  Good for you spatech usa, you managed to get one more dig in on a competitor.  

I also advised him that what ever tub they picked im sure he would be happy with.  Im not trying to sell people on arctic.  

I have proven myself to be a neutral party on this forum over and over.  I have stated always wet test, customer service and so on.  I have never said one tub better than the other.  So before you try to make me look foolish, please try and take you bias out of the mix.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 01:30:15 pm »
you know what, this is the kind of stuff that really upsets me.  Spatech usa, you act like a child sometimes, and this is just one of those examples.  I get it, you dont like arctic, get over it.  

I'm not sure what got you riled up but since you bring it up, I have nothing against Arctic and my comment had  nothing to do with them. I just think it's unnecessary when someone SPECIFICALLY asks about a few spas and the comment back is to "try my spa instead" rather than to comment on the 5 spas the poster has narrowed it down to. I think the poster's question was fairly straightforward .

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
I have TUO’s back.  I personally find it somewhat disheartening when one poster specifically asks about a brand(s) then a responding poster says to look at another brand.  

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 01:55:25 pm »

I'm not sure what got you riled up but since you bring it up, I have nothing against Arctic and my comment had  nothing to do with them. I just think it's unnecessary when someone SPECIFICALLY asks about a few spas and the comment back is to "try my spa instead" rather than to comment on the 5 spas the poster has narrowed it down to. I think the poster's question was fairly straightforward .

You forgot to address why you felt the need to throw the insulation jab in even though it wasn't referenced in Bosco's statement.  I know to what you were alluding having read many of the old Arctic topic posts.  And before you get on me, notice I spoke only about the models in the original inquiry in my post.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 01:56:41 pm »
Thanks Chris, that was my point. I could have commented differently and didn't mean to upset Bosco. I do in fact see how satisfied Arctic owners are my comment was not meant to disparage them in any way as he could have responded with a Master, D1 or XXX spa plug there and it would have come accross the same way to me. Let's move on Bosco.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 01:56:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42