What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: shows?  (Read 5111 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
shows?
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:01:40 pm »
After visiting virtually every showroom in my area and trying to decide between the Down East and the Maax tubs, we are going to a pool and spa show this weekend. Sounds like we may meet with agressive sales people that may not always give the most accurate info. (according to my local Master Spa rep)
Are we better off to just buy from a showroom or are the large shows the way to go?

???
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

shows?
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:01:40 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: shows?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:19:53 pm »
Go to the show to get exposure to a wide range of spas.
Find out if the sales people are working for a local dealer or not.  If not, be sure to check in with the local dealer to see what they can do for you.  
If they are local, I'm sure you'd get the same deal from their shop, plus an opportunity to wet test.
Don't be pressured into making a "only good right now" deal.  If the deal is legitimate, it'll be there for you later too.  Exception might be floor models at the show.  
But personally I don't care for floor models.  I'll pay for a NIB item, usually.
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 12:25:29 pm »
Sounds like we may meet with agressive sales people that may not always give the most accurate info. (according to my local Master Spa rep)

He would probably know more about that than most of us. ::)

Brewman is giving you some excellent advice.  Go and look at the spas, find some that you like, and then go to the local dealer and try them out.  Have a good time!  Shows are a lot of fun. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 12:26:30 pm »
[glb]Just looking![/glb]

Get used to saying it.   I still browse through the shows to look at tub lines.  The salesman appreciate knowing they don't have to chase after you.  Then after you have had a chance to look around, you can express your interest a little further and get all the attention you want.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Soakin

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 12:46:24 pm »
As someone said in the LA County Fair thread, if you have done your homework prior to the fair, you will be able to judge if it is a real "deal" or not.  Nonetheless, IMO you are usually better off at the local dealer, where you can start the relationship you need to support the purchase.  A manufacturer that would undercut it's local representative by not offering them the same pricing probably won't have that dealer for long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:29:57 pm »
Most fairs or shows are very expensive these days. It is rare to find a deal at one - I'm not saying it can't be done, just saying it's rare.

I have had people 'wait for the homeshow' for years, only to walk into our booth and find out the prices are higher. Or - the prices are the same but there is a charge for delivery etc. To keep them from walking, I generally will come off the price a hundred or so - but it drives me nuts! Where did the concept of reduced prices at shows get started? The only good thing I have to say about shows is that as a shopper you can see many makes and models and only park once.

I used to be able to run my store for three months for the price of one good homeshow, but now that we have expanded and added stores, I'll have to recalculate!!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 04:42:59 pm »
"The only good thing I have to say about shows is that as a shopper you can see many makes and models and only park once. "

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, but don't forget there's also hot dogs, cotton candy and funnel cake....... And at a good fair there's even a roller coaster and farris wheel.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 04:45:12 pm »
Not a great show unless you can get overpriced, flat beer!
Brewman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 04:49:58 pm »
Better yet if it's warm!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 05:02:25 pm »
Are we better off to just buy from a showroom or are the large shows the way to go?

???

Who exactly is at the show? If it's the guys from the traveling Master show, they'll be long gone after the show ends and won't know you from Adam after the sale. The local dealer (Master or whomever) will be there for follow up questions, issues, advice, etc. Now if that show was a local dealer showing spas then that's entirely different.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 05:07:38 pm »
"The only good thing I have to say about shows is that as a shopper you can see many makes and models and only park once. "

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, but don't forget there's also hot dogs, cotton candy and funnel cake....... And at a good fair there's even a roller coaster and farris wheel.

Don't forget the Fried Twinkies.....best.....food....ever!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 08:42:29 pm »
Oh my gosh..After investigating I found that this highly advertised "EXPO" which is touted as the largest display of hot tubs in the Delaware Valley is only represented by Master Spas (and it's sister Down East).
So glad I found this out before I wasted the gas..
Support your dealer so they can support you!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 09:25:15 pm »
Oh my gosh..After investigating I found that this highly advertised "EXPO" which is touted as the largest display of hot tubs in the Delaware Valley is only represented by Master Spas (and it's sister Down East).
So glad I found this out before I wasted the gas..

They are notorious for it...

You can't believe how many unsuspecting customers they lure in this way.

All that I can say is that I would hesitate dealing with any manufacture that not only condones this but sponsors it! >:(

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 10:30:35 pm »
LOL, EVERYBODY says that and to the best of my knowledge, not one salesman believes it. At least not until after a few more qualifying questions.

[glb]Just looking![/glb]

Get used to saying it.   I still browse through the shows to look at tub lines.  The salesman appreciate knowing they don't have to chase after you.  Then after you have had a chance to look around, you can express your interest a little further and get all the attention you want.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 09:32:38 am »
LOL, EVERYBODY says that and to the best of my knowledge, not one salesman believes it. At least not until after a few more qualifying questions.

There is one salesman that believes it. I went to a Master show at the local mall parking lot and was asked if I needed help in the first 5 minutes.  I said I was just looking and 45minutes later no one came back so I left and went to HS and bought a Envoy. I am not sure if I would have bought a Master. I am sure I did not buy one without a demo of its features.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 09:32:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42