What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The blood, the sweat and tears with my new Optima!  (Read 8064 times)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
The blood, the sweat and tears with my new Optima!
« on: August 02, 2005, 09:26:28 pm »
Well the GREAT day had finally arrived after the months of planning, digging, leveling, etc., etc..  My Optima was delivered today.  The electrician showed up time, wired the tub 220/60AMP. The tub was dirty inside so I cleaned it up and noticed how the chrome on the jets was rusty looking.  We filled the tub..........the tub started up and then filled with black papery goo and poof the breaker tripped.  Electrician double checked everything and stated well, all my stuff is correct I guess you'll have to make the call. I made the call and was told a week from tomorrow.

Upon closer inspection I note the barrier on the bottom of the tub is hagging down low, AND one of the what I would call base boards is cracked all the way through. Looks like a fresh crack.  It looks like the guys who installed the cover lifter drilled the holes in the wrong spot too.

I was told the tub was new yet there was a sale sign laying in the bottom indicating that is was a floor model.

What do you guys think, are my expectations set too high?

Hot Tub Forum

The blood, the sweat and tears with my new Optima!
« on: August 02, 2005, 09:26:28 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: The blood, the sweat and tears with my new Opt
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:35:20 pm »
What do you guys think, are my expectations set too high?

Heck no.........what a horror story.  A week from tomorrow IS NOT EVEN IN THE BALL PARK!  What a bummer.....
Take as much drastic action as you can.....and quickly.....
>:(
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:36:45 pm »
Expectations too high??!!  I don't think so.  If I had bought and paid for a brand new tub it better not have any problems other than just me learning to balance the water and operate it.
2005 Marquis Epic

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:46:41 pm »
Did you buy that thing from the Cable Company or something?

Wow.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

alwaysperky

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:03:26 pm »
Nope.  Bought if from a large dealer.  

The sales rep stated the goo was probably just from when they tested it at the factory.

mark 2550

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:16:53 pm »
I think I would just tell them to come back and pick it up !!!! a week is way to long for someone who just purchased a new tub to have it set there after letting everyone  you know that your tub was coming and now all you have is a broken dirty tub not a wise choice on the dealer's part and not acceptable in my book

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 10:50:04 pm »
I agree with Mark.  Tell them to come and get it!!  I wouldn't even consider keeping it after the problems you've had. >:(
2005 Marquis Epic

tootall

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 10:52:37 pm »
I would be hot enoungh to heat water to the boiling point. I know about the blood sweat and tears man if that happens to me I will skin my dealer alive and have his hide haging on my gazzebo wall for all to see >:(

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 11:44:04 pm »
Personally, I think it is disgusting that you should receive a spa in such a condition and upon notice, the owner himself should have shown up with somebody in tow to clean it out or do it himself.  This, even I would find unacceptable.  A week from nothing.  Call 800 883 7727 and ask for customer service and you let them know how you received the spa either from the factory or from the dealer.

what is your zip code?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 11:48:45 pm by J._McD »

alwaysperky

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 07:15:26 am »
Thanks for your support.  I'll see what the sales rep has to say about it today.  If your interested, I'll keep you posted

This has me just sick.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 07:30:40 am »
Thanks for your support.  I'll see what the sales rep has to say about it today.  If your interested, I'll keep you posted

This has me just sick.

Yes, please do. As for it being a floor model, that wouldn't concern me if everything else was ok. Many dealers don't have storage and put the tubs they receive right on the sales floor.  Are you in Minnesota if remember right?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 07:33:06 am by admin »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 08:27:19 am »
Alwaysperky-

You do appear to be from Minnesota.  So am I.  
I'd be interested in knowing if your dealer was in the TC metro area, or are you outstate.  
Just curious if we have the same dealer.  Good luck with your spa.  
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 08:48:21 am »
I would'nt accept a floor model when you purchased a brand new spa.  It should have arrived all wrapped up from the factory.  Black, papery goo in the plumbing would concern me.  I know mine did not come that way.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 10:32:07 am »
Nor did mine, and it too, had factory wrapping around it.
Brewman
Brewman

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
mine too was factory wrapped, it still had the wrapping on the base of the tub when I got it (the dealer removed all wrapping around the tub due to the fact that he was hauling it 1 1/2 away from Billings) So I knew it was a brand new tub! This is a horrible horrible story I'm sorry for your problems always, I truly hope your dealer is going to straighten this out!! Keep us posted

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 10:55:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42