What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA County Fair  (Read 6303 times)

Brookenstein

LA County Fair
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:45:02 pm »
I'm just curious if anyone knows exactly who/what will be at the LA County Fair and if I should bother going there to try and get a good deal.  I looked on the fair website the other night to see a vendor list and all I remember seeing was Master Spas, LA Spas, and something else, but I don't remember what it was.  

I went a 2 years ago and I  and it seemed like quite a few spa booths.  It was a pretty overwhelming experience.  I did like getting to see a lot of spas in one place, but I didn't like all the sales guys telling me why their spa was above and beyond so much better than the last booth I was at.

Can I really get a better deal at the fair than I can at a showroom?  What about 'employee pricing' speal I was given at the Caldera shop last week.  Is that a load of bull?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 03:46:05 pm by Brookenstein »

Hot Tub Forum

LA County Fair
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:45:02 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: LA County Fair
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 04:09:50 pm »
Fairs are great to look at spas because you can see more than 1 at a time BUT

1) don't assume you're getting a better deal there no matter how they present it ("fair prices", "once a year special" etc.). They often have to pay bug $$ to rent the space so don't assume anything.

2) are they local or a traveling spa sales show. You want to buy from someone who has a local storefront as well, not just a booth that gets removed after the fair when you have no local person to see later when you have a question/issue.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 04:21:47 pm »
I would take notice of the company's you won't see at the fair. I think it reflects what some of the larger manufactures think about it. Flat out it is very expensive to show there, well well above $100,000.00 you almost have to bring in road sales teams that only get paid on commission and will not be around after you get your spa. You can always get the same kind of a deal in a showroom but you will most likely never get the service of the showroom.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 04:38:34 pm by Mendocino101 »

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 08:18:10 pm »
but I didn't like all the sales guys telling me why their spa was above and beyond so much better than the last booth I was at.

Can I really get a better deal at the fair than I can at a showroom?  What about 'employee pricing' speal I was given at the Caldera shop last week.  Is that a load of bull?

Thanks.

First I would say that telling you why their spa was better than the others is their job.  It's up to you to decide which spa better fits what YOU believe is best for your needs.

Secondly, the best way to get a good deal is to do your homework ahead of time.  If you know what the local dealer's price is back at the store then you can judge the "fair" price.

Thirdly, "Employee" pricing sounds like a bandwagon promotion borrowed from the car industry.  Spa manufacturers do not assist dealers in the same way car factories do.

Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 02:32:47 pm »
I charge my employees double.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:54:39 pm »
Guess I won't ask for employee pricing at your store. :)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 10:27:28 pm »
So Brookenstein, care to prove your milf satatus? Post a pic there darlin! I used to sell for Jacuzzi at the LA County fair. Other than the volume of spas we sold, it was the worst show on my venue. Unbelievably HOT, and humid, in California...go figure AND the air was just gross. The best part about it was being put up at the Fairplex I think it's a Mariot hotel. Man that nightly shower and you could watch LA wash off and go down the drain. I'd say it's a pretty good place to shop if they have as many as they had when I was there. Every major manufacturer in the industry, and then some, all in all there were about 20 spa booths. Tough show!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:28:32 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 02:42:39 am »
Every major manufacturer in the industry, and then some, all in all there were about 20 spa booths. Tough show!

Not the case anymore.....depending on who you considered to be major manufactures ....heres who was NOT there last Year.... Jacuzzi....Hot Springs.....D-1....Sundance.....Marquis.....Caldera.... Coleman

......but those who were .....LA Spas.....Cal Spas....Dynansty .......Master.....and I am sure others.....

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 02:51:34 am »
So Brookenstein, care to prove your milf satatus? Post a pic there darlin!

LOL

I wouldn't want to invite any online stalkers now would I?  I'd have to send my fantasy football cohorts over here to prove my status, sorry.  They are the ones who started it.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 08:17:45 am »
That's OK, you can send one to me in a private message  ;)  :-*

LOL

I wouldn't want to invite any online stalkers now would I?  I'd have to send my fantasy football cohorts over here to prove my status, sorry.  They are the ones who started it.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 09:24:30 am »
Brookenstein,

I thought I was the only one who caught your proclamation.  You can PM the proof to me also..... ;D ;D

Brookenstein

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 09:53:15 am »
I think it is so funny that people are finally 'getting' it.  I have had it on here since I joined in March and nobody said anything back then....  at least everyone is being good sports about it.   :)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 10:16:55 am »
I think it is so funny that people are finally 'getting' it.  I have had it on here since I joined in March and nobody said anything back then....  at least everyone is being good sports about it.   :)

I noticed it right off, but since you're married (and I am too), I didn't think it was proper to mention it. :-[ :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 11:06:22 am »

I noticed it right off, but since you're married (and I am too), I didn't think it was proper to mention it. :-[ :)

Terminator

LMAO... since it was my husband's coworkers that started calling me it... I didn't even know what it meant at the time.  So I asked him, he didn't know either,  so we both googled it, and had a good laugh with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 11:06:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42