What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cleaning you tub??  (Read 5271 times)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
cleaning you tub??
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:03:57 pm »
just a bit of free info. on a recomendation, i tried a mr clean eraser pad to clean around the waterline. (had some guests over, who must marinate themselves in boby lotion) it works great!
not to mention that its 4 (reusable, for a few cleanings) for about $3, vs 5 one time use spa mitts for $10.
there's no chems in it, so no residue to get into your water......

Hot Tub Forum

cleaning you tub??
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:03:57 pm »

tootall

Re: cleaning you tub??
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 12:17:35 am »
thanks for the info

georgiapeach

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 06:38:14 am »
I use those also and they do work great around the tub!   ;D

Peachy

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:07:33 am »
I was just about to post about the Mr Clean sponge thingy.

A local spa dealer recomeded using them to wipe down the sides. They work great.

However, I am concerend if any of the cleaning agents in the sponge would negativley effect the water chemistry? I've used them a few times and so far no problems....

I did notice that you need to be careful. They fall apart with prolonged scrubing and you'll find floating bits of spongey foam in your tub.
07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:38:04 am »
I use a tub rub.  Costs about $6.00 and lasts years.

nicker

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 01:02:41 pm »
Tony, what is tub rub and where can you get it?  I have never heard of that before.

tootall

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 05:10:30 pm »
out of my owners guide one of the aproved cleaning products is Mr. clean. so brovo obi wan

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 05:21:21 pm »
You can check out the tub rub at www.rhtubs.com.  Go to the virtual store, then water treatments & chemistry, then maintenance.  About half way down is the LeisureTime Tub Rub.  I use it without any cleaning products.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 05:43:28 pm »
My wife is a fan of those eraser pads, I haven't needed them on the spa yet.   I have noticed that oil does build up in the "pits" of my textured surface after about a year and the Clorox wipes removes that really well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 09:03:02 pm »
I've got some hazy residue (almost like soap scum in the shower) on parts of my tub where the water would rise during use around the water line.  You think these Mr. Clean pads will work for that or is there a better product??  Is the "residue" common?

Debra

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 07:18:06 am »
I love the Mr. Clean sponges, but a word of warning....I would be very careful with them because they seem to take a very fine layer of the finish off of my sinks.  Then  the dirt builds up quicker on them.  We use them very carefully on our pool liner.  Works great!  Just be careful not to take off the finish.  It will also take paint off walls.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 10:05:55 am »
However, I am concerend if any of the cleaning agents in the sponge would negativley effect the water chemistry? I've used them a few times and so far no problems....

drewstar, I'm pretty sure the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do not have any chemical additives.  It is a viscuous foam material similiar to the foam that is used to make Tempurpedic mattresses.  This foam is so malleable that it is able to conform to tiny irregularities in the shell surface, thus lifting up dirt and oils that are normally skimmed over.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 09:40:25 am »
Wow Terminator, as someone mentioned in another thread in this forum, you must be pysic.  Just last nighI used a Mr Clean eraser around the house and thought about the post I made several weeks ago, asking about the chemicals. I then realized there are no chems in the product and thought to myself, "I should go back and delete that stupid comment"

But alas, you picked up on my MR celan thoughts, answered the quetion and it is now  imortalized in the Hot tub archives.

Since you're having a run of physic thougths, I'd go play the lottery if I were you..... ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 02:41:43 pm »
I think I know the answer to this before I even ask it, BUT....

I assume that using any wax product is an invitation for water problems?  My Beachcomber is scheduled to come in next week, and I originally had thoughts of applying a high-quality automotive wax to the surface  (it will be a textured granite, not marble).  I use it with great results on both our frameless glass shower doors, and the acrylic bathtub.  However, after reading countless water concern and maintanance issues here, I'm much less inclined to do so.

Greg

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 02:51:01 pm »
I would strongly suggest not applying wax to the shell.  It is a totally unnecessary step as the shell will look good for as long as you own it.  Just wipe it down from time to time and you'll be fine. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 02:51:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42