What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DILEMMA  (Read 3991 times)

freddortort

• waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting
DILEMMA
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:59:09 pm »
So here is MY story:

I have been looking at tubs for about 6 weeks.  I have been very systematic about my research (using this forum as a wonderful resource - - especially TERMINATOR)

I began the search and narrowed it down to three brands.  Brand A had the absolute best salesperson.  I had great confidence that once I bought the tub, he would bend over backwards to keep me happy with the tub.

Brand B The salesperson seemed OK as did Brand C.

We wet tested all three brands and unfortunately eliminated Brand A because the tubs just didn't fit us right.  We discussed the final two and decided to return and wet test another time.

Originally I LOVED Brand C while the family preferred Brand B.  On the second go around the scale was tipped toward Brand C.  Then we realized that we were not comparing apples to apples with the two brands.  Brand B was the largest while Brand C was the mid-sized spa.  We then soaked at another dealer with a mid-sized Brand B.  It was very close but in my mind I still leaned to Brand C.

I know it is very confusing with Brand abc instead of the actual dealer name BUT I wanted to take the manufacturer OUT OF THE LOOP and concentrate on the dealers.

SO. . . . .  I called Brand C salesman back to ask to wet test one more time.  I had my checkbook in hand AND was going alone (I burned out the rest of the family with all the wet tests!)  When I called he was very curt with me and said, "You've been in here was many soaks (2! ! ! ! !) what is the problem?  Why do you need to soak another time?  What kind of questions will make you buy my tub with one more soak?"  Those are not the exact words but the inference was clear.  I responded by saying "If it is trouble for you I won't come in!)  and I said that twice.  Finally he laughed a kind of sarcastic lauhgh and said "No trouble)

Of course I did not go in and since he did not have my telephone number I have not been in touch with him since.

I have backed off my search and have been mulling what to do next.  I am really steamed about my treatment BUT do not want to cut my nose off to spite my face if Brand C is the right tub for me.

Any suggestions  (Sorry for the long winded explanation but it has been therapeutic)

Hot Tub Forum

DILEMMA
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:59:09 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: DILEMMA
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 04:09:53 pm »
FIND Brand D....sorry just teasing... ;).....thats tough because while his behavior should be inexcusable perhaps he really was having a rough day ,again he should not have done this but I am sure all of us at times have been less than perfect with someone. If you really liked his spa and feel you will get the long term support you need than maybe its worth considering. Are this 3 brands all you have in your area have you missed any others.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 04:10:31 pm by Mendocino101 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:36:23 pm »
Well, assuming these are definteily your final two brands and both are quality spa makers (warranties similar, reputations for backing warranties both good, known for holding up over time, etc.) I'd say wait a few days and consider that wet test again. It's the dealer that counts in the end, not necessarily the patience of the commisioned salesperson. You could find a way to find out what day that salesperson will be out and plan to go in that day to wet test and get a fresh face, maybe even the manager/owner (though I would clearly let them know who your original salesperson is since they work on commision and they never like it if they think customers may be playing them off each other).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 04:38:31 pm »
Maybe you need to go back to Brand A dealer and look at a different model than what you tested before.

I had just about marked my dealer off the list because the tub just wasn't a good fit.  He recommended that we try another model which turned out to be a perfect fit.  

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 05:33:16 pm »
I agree with vlady.  Possibly look at another model with Brand A....and I might even call brand C and let the person you spoke with know that you didn't appreciate the way you were treated.  When we're spending the kind of money we do on spas, you ought to be able to wet test as many times as it takes...without the attitude.  Might keep it from happening to another person.
2005 Marquis Epic

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:56:45 pm »
I think this could be rectified by calling brand C's manager and ask to deal with him directly on any future correspondence, including actually buying the tub.  That way he'll know you're serious as well, and didn't appreciate the treatment you got from the sales guy.

IMHO<

Mark

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 06:08:31 pm »
I'll make it really easy for you, choose "B"! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tootall

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 11:42:31 pm »
Here is what I would do go buy brand c Ask the sales manager I hope he is not the one who was sirly with you. if he was not the one make sure that the sales persons get 100% comission walk in with check book in hand and go to a difrent sales person and buy from him and wak over and tell that rude salesman look at your commision that went down the drain over one wet test.

freddortort

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 02:33:25 am »
Terminator:

Are you psychic? ? ? ? ? ?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 08:58:54 am »
Terminator:

Are you psychic? ? ? ? ? ?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, and I see fame, fortune, and happiness til the end of your days if you choose "B".  Despair, loneliness, and bad breath will be yours forever if you choose poorly......

Terminator (The All-Knowing)
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 09:25:13 am »
I agree that if Tub C's salesman isn't the owner, try and forge a decent relationship with Tub C's owner or another sales person/manager, if that's at all possible. Giving the sales commission to another sales person made me smile. I liked that idea

Tub C sounds like the tub that you want. However, if you are going to cringe every time you walk in there, or feel they are going to screw you after the sale, then I'd go for another dealer in another town that sells tub C.

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

freddortort

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 11:10:22 am »
I am going to call the owner today of Tub C and explain the dilemma.  We'll see what he does ???

The problem is that Tub C has areas and will not sell out of their area  (can you guess?)

I will also go back to the psychic err I mean Brand B to wet test.

Poohbear66

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 01:52:32 pm »
I agree with vlady!  Try another model with A.  You might find a better fit.  No one should get grief over a wet test and it speaks ill of a company that would hire and retain such a salesperson!  Since you will deal with that dealer for years to come, why take the risk?  Either buy B or test another at A.  Enjoy your new spa!

twok99

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 02:22:10 pm »
Most people don't do this, but ask to meet the Service Manager.  After the sale, if you have to deal with someone, it will more likely be the Service Manager and not the Sales Person.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 02:22:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42