What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Spa for my price range  (Read 6252 times)

pdabill

Best Spa for my price range
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:48:03 am »
I need some advice on selecting the best spa for my price range. I am going to do my best to not spend over $4000 for everything I need. The following dealers are in my area:

Hot Springs
Jacuzzi
Vita Spa
Leisure Bay
CalSpa
Caldera

I have been wet testing a few spas already. Of course I loved the high end Hot Springs models, but it is just too far out of my price range.

I am looking for a medium sized tub, with seating for 3 or 4. I live in Florida, so dont have to worry about cold temps.

Thanks for any advice!

Hot Tub Forum

Best Spa for my price range
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:48:03 am »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: Best Spa for my price range
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 09:55:12 am »
Wet TEST!!!!!!!

stargazer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 09:56:03 am »
I too thought I could spend around $5000 for spa...but I soon realized that this would be almost impossible, if you want some quality!!

the lowest price I got was on Cal Spas....but have read here many times to STAY AWAY form those, as well as Coast Spas... therefore...my budget has suddenly increased!!  :-/

Good luck!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 10:07:09 am »
I started out with a 4-5K budget too.  

It didn't last too long.  I'm not saying you can't get a tub you will enjoy for that price, it's just this forum doesn't really focus on those.  

Maybe this topic will change that?  :)

If 4K is the total budget cap; Keep in mind, that you'll need:

$300-500 for electrical.
$300-500 for pad  ?

6% FL sales tax

There may be a delivery charge.

So we need to find a tub that has a sticker of less the $3K?    Is that right?  Or are you planning on spending $4K on only the tub?

This will not be pleasent.  

Want Ads?

Additonal thought.....

A few folks were talking about a Freeflo spa in here just the other day. It appeared to be a budget spa that ran 110v and was less than $3k complete?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:09:02 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

pdabill

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 10:11:10 am »
I plan on putting my spa in a screened patio. There is a solid concrete floor in the patio, so I dont think I need anything else, right?

I plan on getting a Dr's note saying that I should use a spa. This will get rid of the sales tax.

I am lucky enough to have a neighbor that is an electrician. He will hook it up for next to nothing.

Not sure about delivery charge....

So anyway, my $4000 budget is for just the spa/cover/startup chemicals, etc.

My first impressions based on what I have seen at dealers in my area is that VITA is the way to go. They have the Alero spa priced around $3800. ..

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 10:24:23 am »
I plan on putting my spa in a screened patio. There is a solid concrete floor in the patio, so I dont think I need anything else, right?

I plan on getting a Dr's note saying that I should use a spa. This will get rid of the sales tax.

I am lucky enough to have a neighbor that is an electrician. He will hook it up for next to nothing.

Not sure about delivery charge....

So anyway, my $4000 budget is for just the spa/cover/startup chemicals, etc.

My first impressions based on what I have seen at dealers in my area is that VITA is the way to go. They have the Alero spa priced around $3800. ..

Cool.  I would think the patio would be ok to hold the spa.
If it's a straight forward delivery with decent access, you should be able to find a dealer that is felxable with that cost.  You're electrian friend will still need a few hundred $ to cover the cost for a breaker box and wiring.   But it sounds like you've got a good set up to start with.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:26:26 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 10:24:51 am »
The Solana Spas by Watkins Mfg. (HotSpring) are wonderful spas.  Fully insulated, HotSpring jets and filter, bottom drains, and run off 110v.  All three models are at or below your price requirements.  I have a lot of happy customers that have owned them for several years.  The other major manufacturers have entry-level spas as well.  Good luck in your spa shopping! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 11:27:27 am »
I have been very pleased with my Vita Spa.  If you are located in FL, the shipping cost  (diesel $5 gal today in Atlanta) will be much lower for a Vita than the brands made out west.  I think Vita has some factory outlet stores in Florida.

See my Tub of the Month thread for an example of Vita standing behind their product.

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
I would recommend the Del Sol Hermosa.  It is a 4-5 Person spa and made by Sundance Spas.  It is a 110V spa and the price should be less than $4,000.  Thier website is www.delsolspas.com.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 11:38:23 am by Chris_H »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 01:34:47 pm »
Vita Spa has a store in Orlando, so does Jacuzzi, and Hot Springs has one about a half hour away.

As far as the screened patio, you probably will have to take off a panel to get it in.  I almost went with my screened patio but have double doors at the front door as well as the sliders come off for the patio.  My screened porch is a small lanai, so I went with the back patio for mine.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 02:14:50 pm by wmccall »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 01:35:16 pm »
And I can't figure out how to put in the image. ???

Brookenstein

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 01:49:42 pm »
In March I was quoted $5100 for a Caldera Martinique (floor model) including steps, delivery, cover lifter.  Yesterday I was quoted $5218 by the same dealer for a new one, but I forgot to ask if it included the extras like it did before.  I'm in SoCal by the way.

As for pics, I use http://www.tinypic.com/ to host my pic and then copy and paste the one that says IMG

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 07:14:01 pm »
pdabill..... If you're looking for a great spa in that price range, try a used Hot Springs.  If I could have paid cash, not financed, that definitely would have been at the top of my list.

You should be able to get a very decent 4-5 year old hot springs easily in your price range.  This tub will last upwards of 20 years.

This is not always something dealers talk about, but many of them have good used tubs in stock to sell.  

Don't worry about if the tub's got all the latest gadgets, because the therapy you'll get from a Hot Springs makes up for all that.

This is all coming from a Jacuzzi owner (and loving it)

Mark

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 07:53:52 pm »
I too thought I could spend around $5000 for spa...but I soon realized that this would be almost impossible, if you want some quality!!

the lowest price I got was on Cal Spas....but have read here many times to STAY AWAY form those, as well as Coast Spas... therefore...my budget has suddenly increased!!  :-/

Good luck!

Coast=Company created by former CalSpa executives.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Poohbear66

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 09:47:12 pm »
I also think a used HS would be a good way to go.  Most dealers will have some around from trade ins/trade ups and you can be sure it will last for years.  Ask for at least a 6 mo warranty.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 09:47:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42