What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It's all in the WET TEST  (Read 5475 times)

Debra

Re: It's all in the WET TEST
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 08:13:41 am »
We asked the dealer if the Moto-massage jet could be changed and he said that there was different plates but they basically did the same thing just in a different pattern.  I wonder if anyone has a picture of one of these plates they could put on this forum?  That might solve our dilemma.  Thanks for the info. Scott!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 08:13:41 am »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 08:28:07 am »
I believe that Chas posted a picture a while back.  You might seach for it here or try the HS website.  I've been thinking of getting one myself.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 12:07:45 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Buckee

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 12:37:37 pm »
TX - is the alternate plate available yet for the moto DX?  Also, I see you can get a Grandee in jade green in Europe - any chance of getting that color in the US?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 12:50:38 pm »
TX - is the alternate plate available yet for the moto DX?  Also, I see you can get a Grandee in jade green in Europe - any chance of getting that color in the US?

I don't believe the HydroPulse faceplate is available yet for the DX or if it will ever be.

You can probably ask your dealer to contact his Dealer Support Representative and, if they still have Jade material, they will build you one.  HotSpring built a Copper Envoy for a customer of mine 3 months ago as they still had 40 Copper sheets on hand.  Good luck!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 02:52:39 pm »
If your kids are younger you may also want to double check with the salesman that them sticking their fingers in the jet isn't going to cause them harm.  I've always wondered how powerful the jet is and how sharp the plastic is in there, but have never had a desire to stick something in there to find out.  -Ed
Go ahead and stick a finger or hand in there - the jet will simply come to a stop. I have had the faceplates off of many of these with the jet blasting - no problem.

Also, I demo this on the showroom floor all the time: it doesn't hurt and hasn't cut off anything so far...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 03:04:40 pm »
Thanks, Chas!

If I come back to the board typing funny, it's gonna be your fault! 8)

-Ed

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 09:55:17 pm »
You should try the Caldera Hawiian. It is totaly open seating and has a foot ridge and foot dome. I think that is your tub!

Wet tested the Hot Springs Grandee and the Caldera Niagara yesterday.  While we love the open seating and everything about the Grandee, we were disappointed that we did not enjoy the hydromassage jets.  We did like the foot "bump" in the Caldera because it helped me to stay in my seat.  It made a big difference.  But we do prefer the seating and layout of the Grandee.  Are there any other models that have the foot rest and more open seating?
After reading many of these posts in this forum we have come to the conclussion (as stated by many long time members here) that it all comes down to the "wet test".  We are no longer so concerned with the insulation method, the filter method, even the power of the pumps (most of them blow me out of my seat on high anyways).  It all comes down to comfort of the seats and the jets!

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 09:55:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42