What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard light  (Read 2846 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
HS Vanguard light
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:32:50 am »
Does anyone know if the lens on the HS vanguard light can be removed with water in the tub?  Mine turns as if I can unscrew it.  The inside appears dirty and I wanted to remove it to clean it.

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard light
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:32:50 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: HS Vanguard light
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:25:19 am »
Mxw128,

On my Tiger River,  made by HotSprings,  the light sounds similliar to yours. I believe it's accesable from the pump cabinet.  There's a fairly large flex tube that goes to the light and appeared to me to be the way to acces the light.

Have you taken a look inside the pump/heater cabinet?
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 11:26:36 am »
The inside appears dirty and I wanted to remove it to clean it.

I think you want to clean that from inside the cabinet. Wait for Chas to give details.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mxw128

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 05:25:54 pm »
Haven't looked inside the equip compartment specifically for the light, but I don't recall seeing it when I peeled off the serial number sticker that was on the back wall.  The only thing I did notice was that the lens was able to be easily unscrewed from inside the tub.  I didn't unscrew it of course because i wasn't sure that I wouldn't flood the cabinet.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 08:06:52 pm »
If you unscrew the light lens with water in the tub, you will have a problem. There is a trim ring which can be removed with water in, but I bet that's not what you mean.

If the light lens needs cleaning, open the motor compartment door, find the LED assembly, and gently pull it free. It is a press fit into three anchors, no tools needed. Once it has been pulled free, you can clean the lens from the backside. Once this is done, you shouldn't have to do it again - I have no idea how it got dirty in the first place.

Once you have it nice and clean - a damp cloth should suffice - press the LED assembly back in place, test it, and then close the motor compartment door.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

mxw128

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 08:30:33 pm »
Thanks Chas!  I'm heading out to the tub with my damp cloth as we speak..(er.. type ! ;-)  )

~M

mxw128

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 03:10:14 pm »
When I checked my light, it turns out the LED assembly  wasn't connected to the back of the lens. (It had fallen out, I presume during shipping.  Probably how the lens got dirty and definately why the light wasn't very bright!!)  I cleaned the back of the lens and replace the LED assembly the way it should be.  Should "lighten" things up a bit!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 03:13:26 pm »
We've had a couple of the LED's pop loose during shipping.  They just pop back in and you're good to go.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 03:13:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42