What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 10% Discount at Dealer  (Read 3387 times)

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
10% Discount at Dealer
« on: September 01, 2005, 03:51:18 pm »
I stopped into my dealer yesterday.  Actually they are not my 'dealer'.  The dealer I bought from stopped carrying the HS line soon after my purchase.  My warranty was then transfered to my 'new' dealer who only had a store 60 miles from me.  I was a little upset until I found the 'new' dealer opened a store even closer to my house than the original dealer...anyway I digress....Whenever I stop into this dealer I am treated as if I purchased my spa directly from them as opposed to being an acquired warranty.  The other really nice touch they do for all their customers is to give a 10% discount on all purchases made at the store.  I think this is a very nice especially for me who did not even purchase my tub through them.  The fact that they treat me as one of their original customers speaks volumes to the point of buying from a major manufacturer and the 10% discount is a great way to show they appreciate my business.  Do other dealers offer any type of discount to their customers when they purchase supplies/etc from their store?  

Hot Tub Forum

10% Discount at Dealer
« on: September 01, 2005, 03:51:18 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: 10% Discount at Dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 04:17:03 pm »
My dealer did, before they went outlaw.  But I still had to check prices as that was a deal on some things and way to high still on others. But they did offer it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 04:24:06 pm »
Nope.  Mine charges their usual prices always, unless they have a rare sale.  
The place I get my chemicals from (not my dealer) gives me free filter cleanings, so I guess I'm at least saving that cost.  Filter cleaner isn't cheap.
Brewman

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 04:44:40 pm »
Any return customer of mine will recieve a 10% loyality discount.  

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 04:56:08 pm »
I only have about 5 people buy their chems here that didn't buy a spa from us.  I never really thought about it until now.  Sounds like a great dealer.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 05:45:35 pm »
The store I work at recently changed tubs and chems. The brand we used to sell opened a store about 500 yards away.

We mailed all of our old customers a loyalty card and issue one at install.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Phil

• Icefish daily, Hot Tub afterwards!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 09:43:02 pm »
Perk,

You are probably very nice back, let me tell you, that is why they are being good to you.

They probably are good to everyone, but from my first hand experience of acquiring customers from previous dealers, if they are good to me, I will in turn go out of my way to show them they are in good hands with a good man.

TubsAndCues

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 12:15:51 pm »
The discount offered is very nice, but my only question is if they can afford to sell their stuff at a 10% discount to you, why don't they do that for everyone?  I understand that it is a token of appreciation for doing business there, but I've always taken the approach that all of our customers deserve the best price we can offer regardless of who they are or what brand of tub they own.

As a side note on filter cleaning, pick up a quart of filter cleaner degreaser (not acid based, acids will NOT clean oils out of your filter), pour the whole quart in a 5 gal. bucket and fill with water until your filter is submersed.  Soak it in the solution for a few hours, but don't dump out the solution.  Reseal it in your bucket, because you can reuse it for 6 months to a year.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 12:15:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42