What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: payment options...  (Read 2984 times)

stargazer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
payment options...
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:40:36 pm »
Do most dealers offer financing?

just wondering about payment options....

Hot Tub Forum

payment options...
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:40:36 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: payment options...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:47:11 pm »
I think most all dealers offer it, some are just better at presenting it than others.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:42:20 pm »
I am sure most do especially some of the bigger companys out there. We have a Sundance Majesta and got 12 months same as cash which was a pretty sweet deal!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:26:33 am »
Don't forget that it's almost impossible not to get a Visa or MC that offers extremely low or zero interest for a time period.  I put a home theater on a zero interest for 12 months MasterCard.  No annual fee, no interest.
Check with the dealer before doing this, as some may put a surcharge on cc purchases.
Brewman
Brewman

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:37:11 am »
I didn't think Visa/MC allowed stores to price differentiate when using a credit card (at least officially) as a condition of acceping the card at the store.  Or is it that you can't advertise/promote a "cash" discount which of course amounts to splitting hairs.

wetnwildspafun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 10:40:33 am »
I dont think you can offer a cash/check discount over a CC.

Ive seen some dealers offer even 36 month financing, but those usually include interest. Granted, you get a lower payment, but youre giving away more of your hard earned money.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:43:54 am »
They may be able to offer a "discount" to those who don't use cc's?
In house financing should be possible, I'd think many dealers would want to offer it, and the just migh get a cut on the interest.  We got zero interest for 18 months on our spa, with a huge amount of "accrued" interest hanging over our heads to be applied to the loan balance if we didn't pay the balance in the 18 months, or were delinquent on the loan.  Rate was over 20%, if I recall.  We had the cash on hand to pay in full, so I didn't worry too much about the "anvil".

Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 11:27:58 am »
This seems to be one of those rules in life which cannot be fully enforced, but all retailers who take credit cards had to sign a contract. If any of us read that contract, we might be surprised to learn that we promised not to charge more or less for CC, or offer discounts for cash.

HotSpring dealers are offering special financing right now: "NO PAYMENTS, NO INTEREST UNTIL 2007!"

It's a promotion: No Payments, No Interest Until 2007! It has been specially-negotiated with American General for Watkins dealers. This exclusive promotion extends from September 9-30, 2005.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stargazer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 12:18:24 pm »
This seems to be one of those rules in life which cannot be fully enforced, but all retailers who take credit cards had to sign a contract. If any of us read that contract, we might be surprised to learn that we promised not to charge more or less for CC, or offer discounts for cash.

HotSpring dealers are offering special financing right now: "NO PAYMENTS, NO INTEREST UNTIL 2007!"

It's a promotion: No Payments, No Interest Until 2007! It has been specially-negotiated with American General for Watkins dealers. This exclusive promotion extends from September 9-30, 2005.

Does that apply to Canada dealers as well?????

c00ter

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 06:10:37 pm »
What I understand on the credit card merchant agreement we have is that you can not offer a price and then when the customer wants to pay using their credit card try and add a surcharge.  But, you can offer a cash discount from the original quoted price.  This may however differ from each agreement.  Its all a matter of how you word it I guess......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 06:10:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42