What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I need help deciding???  (Read 3084 times)

JABQ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I need help deciding???
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:25:56 pm »
I have a choice between 2 spas - this after much looking at the showroom, online and through brochures and reading the great posts.
The choices: HotSprings Envoy for $7895 including delivery & setup or the Calera Utopia Geneva at $8625 including the same things. I want to be sure that I am compaing apples to apples. What has been your experience with either of these two spas. + or - please, and any other factors for my final  ??? decision.
yikes, tense for a time in Tempe

Hot Tub Forum

I need help deciding???
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:25:56 pm »

Chris_H

Re: I need help deciding???
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 12:30:27 pm »
The Envoy price is pretty low.  They usually sell for about $500 to $800 more.  I can not comment on the Caldera.  However, both are very good brands and I would make a test soak make your decision.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 12:38:28 pm »
We love our Envoy.  Even after a year, we still jump from seat to seat since each is so different.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 12:39:55 pm »
I find it unbelievable that any Caldera would cost more than a HotSpring Envoy. :o  Hands down, I would go with the Envoy.  I have sold both brands and, if I were wanting to get the most value for my money, go with the HotSpring.

Either one of them will be nice to own.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 10:43:17 am »
We chose a Marquis Epic but as far as the price goes...I believe we got a price of $7895 on the Envoy as well.
2005 Marquis Epic

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 11:04:13 am »
I chose the Marquis Epic as well, but looked and wet tested  both these spa.

We really liked the Caldera Geneva, and were actually getting quoted a higher price than you. I was not real thrilled with the Hot Springs/Caldera dealer in my area. I agree Hot Springs has a few nicer features (filtering, etc), but IMO they are pretty close to the Caldera.  The Caldera would have worked better for us. Both are very nice spas.

poopsy

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 12:39:29 pm »
i too must go test the envoy...a marquis epic...and the caldera tahitian and geneva utopia...i will aslso revis this years new  sd optima and cameo and altamar as i think sd is a good company...but i had issues with the dealer in denver....

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 06:11:04 pm »
I also just bought the Epic, after nearly buying the HS Vanguard, but IMO that price on the Envoy sounds really good.  We were quoted about $9,500 for the Envor w/o SpAudio.  Caldera seems a bit much.

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 08:45:38 pm »
Thats a great price on the Envoy!  It is the premium of the two spas you mentioned both made by Watkins.  The Envoy is made in the US and many of the Claderas are now made in Mexico.  The price quoted on the Caldera is at least $1000 too high.  Wet test them both and if you like th Caldera better offer the dealer a grand less or shop around.  He will take it.  That Envoy price probably won't budge and is more than fair!  Good luck!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 10:25:24 am »
I had a Caldera Geneva Utopia before getting my Envoy.  There is not a nickle's worth of difference between them in terms of quality.  They are both made by the same company, in the same plant.  The differences between them are vast, but you must wet test them to discover how different they feel.  Go to the reviews section of this site for my evaluation of both spas.  

The Geneva is a vastly more powerful spa than the Envoy.  Some people will like the stronger jets, others will not.  You must feel this difference for yourself and make up your own mind.  

Both spas should sell for similar prices.  I paid $8,600 for the Envoy, and $8,900 for the Geneva all inclusive in South Florida.  So you are being offered a very attractive price on the Envoy.  But it is only a bargain if it works well for you.  One thing to look for is a double row of parallel holes in the MotoMessage.  2005 is the first year for the double Moto.  Trust me, the double Moto is far more effective than the single one was.

Now with all that said, having owned both, for us, were we in your position, we would buy the Caldera and be glad to pay the premium.  It is just that much more effective.  But you might hate the Caldera and love the HS.  Wet test, wet test, wet test.

Regards,

Bill

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 12:41:11 pm »
Bill,
   Caldera and Hot Spring are not made at the same plant. From what I understand as of this year Watkins has moved production of the Caldera line to Mexico in a cost cutting move.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 01:37:23 pm »

I don't know how to tell you this, but mine both came from the same plant in San Diego.  I know this because I helped take off the packing materials, and saw the shipping documents.  Others on this site have seen the two products being built under the same roof.  If Caldera is now made in Mexico that is a VERY recent change.  But even if they are, so what?

TubsAndCues

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 04:00:02 pm »
From my most recent info, Calderas are now being manufactured in Mexico.  Both do come from Watkins Mfg. like Scott mentioned above, but I come from a working class family and prefer to keep as much of my business as possible in the United States.  That's just my opinion.  

As far as quality and price, I'd take that Hot Spring at that price any day.  Let alone all the other features they have, the cheaper price, etc., you can't ever go wrong with Hot Spring.  What an awesome tub!!! :D

Good luck on finding the best tub for you!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 04:00:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42