What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: price check  (Read 6736 times)

deputy_dog123

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
price check
« on: August 24, 2005, 03:18:42 pm »
I was wondering what kind of price I should be expecting from a dealer on a Hotsprings Envoy and a Arctic Cub model? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

price check
« on: August 24, 2005, 03:18:42 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: price check
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 05:17:07 pm »
Here is some Arctic Data

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1119528753;start=1

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1113925810;start=11

I had gotten a phone quote for an Envoy of USD $9500.  Too high in my opinion.  I was looking at the Tundra/Frontier/Summit, not the Cub but recalled seeing these.  You can probably make some assumptions and take a guess.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:20:31 pm by rexspent »

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 05:31:50 pm »
The Envoy should go for about $8200-$8400 including subpanel and cover and delivery.  Expect to pay anywhere between $300-$450 for the Fresh Water III Ozone and another $200-$500 for a cover lifting device depending on which one.  Add $50-$100 for basic steps or $400 for the Everwood matching steps.  That is what my dealership would charge anyways.  But you are looking at a great spa!  Good luck!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 12:25:12 am »
My gosh.  The Arctic looks uncomfortable.  It might be great, I've never soaked in one.  Has anyone compared by soaking in an Arctic over HS or another model.  Seating looks squarish and rigid.

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 03:49:58 pm »
Deputy_Dog123-

The Arctic Cub in what jetting package?  What options?  This spa starts reatiling at $6000 and goes up depending on what you would like in the spa!

Kyle-

What Arctic looks uncomfortable?  Looks can be deciving.  You you should sit in the spa both Wet and Dry before you make your final decison on comfort level.

Michael
Owner
Arctic Spas & Billiards - Novi, Summit County, Lake Tahoe, and Carson City
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 11:03:36 pm »
Arctic internet and brochure pics do not do them justice.  I was amazed at how comfortable the Tundra was.  If you look at pics, you would think the seats are narrow and restrictive.  They are not.  Arctic also doesn't load their jets up with standard nozzles.  Nearly every jet moves or pulses.  They are very therapeutic.  I soaked an Envoy today and while it's a nice looking tub, I wasn't impressed with the jet system.  I didn't think the motomassage was anything more than a gimmick.  There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me.  Plus the lounger is proabably for 5'9" and above which unfortunately, I am not.  It is quieter than the Arctic.  Don't be fooled by the pearl finishes in the showroom.  Wet test to truly understand if the spa is for you.  If you test it and you like the HS, they make a fine spa.

deputy_dog123

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 11:46:29 am »
 Hot Tub Guru,

I was looking at the following options on the Arctic Cub Signature model:

cedar cabinent
northern lights
cover lifter
and i am debating on the ozone, how much does it run for the ozone?
Is there a choice between filtration types also?

deputy_dog123

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 11:47:35 am »
Oh yeah, and it's US Dollar price also, thanks.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 12:05:54 pm »
No one is going to give you the bottom line over the internet or the phone.  You can get an idea, but your best bet is to wet test, have a few models in mind for comparison, and negotiate with the dealer if you really like the spa.  That said, it is nice to get some idea what the range or starting point is.

Duffman

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 12:10:40 pm »
My gosh.  The Arctic looks uncomfortable.  It might be great, I've never soaked in one.  Has anyone compared by soaking in an Arctic over HS or another model.  Seating looks squarish and rigid.

As stated in my wet test review of the Arctic, there is more sculpting in the seats of their spas then every other spa I have seen on the market. At 5'6" and about 210 lbs I was definitely not comfortable in the side seats and the two smaller corner seats of the tundra. Also, in one one of its captain's chairs I had to use my leg muscles to keep in the seat, especially when the jets were set at medium-high pressure. For the small side and corner seats, the dealer acknowledged this an stated that many of the seats on Arctic Spas were specifically designed with women in mind. I can only assume that Canada has many short and petite women. I'll have to visit sometime  ;)

I also tried the Frontier and Summit and noticed each spa had at least one seat that fit into the "designed for women" category as described by the dealer.

The only problem with heavilly sculpted seating is that they just don't fit everyone. Arctic may be the perfect spa for you but you absolutely have to wet test them to tell.

Note: From numerous dry and wet tests I have a very strong opinion that sitting in a dry tub does not tell me if I will be comfortable in the spa when full and with the jets running. Wet testing is essential, especially with sculpted seats.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 12:33:38 pm »
I have the tundra and love the seating.  I find that the seating leaves lots of space and it is not confining.  My wife is 5 11 tall drink of water and she has no problem in any of the seats.  

The bottom line is what you prefer.  Some like to feel like they are in a seat and others like mobility.  I dont like open seating, its just me

I dont need to use my legs to keep me either, again just our use.  In the month and a half, no issue with seating from anyone that has used it

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 03:08:05 pm »
Deputy-Dog123

That spa retails for just about $9000 with the options you stated.  What price were you quoted?  What dealer did you talk to?  If you let me know this information I could tell you if it's a good deal.  As someone stated below I won't qutoe my best price over the phone or internet since my expense are differnt then somone elses so are my final prices.  

However, I could see if there is any other discounts or options I can get for you.

Michael
www.HeavnenlyTimes.com

deputy_dog123

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 04:23:31 pm »
I was quoted a price of $8500 for the Cub over the phone and that was without the ozone. I have not decided yet if i really need that feature or not. I talked to a dealer in Peoria Il. There are only 2 dealers that are close to me and both are about 2 hrs away. How does the electrical hook up work for the Arctic models? is it hooked directly to the fuse box or not? And i was quoted a price with tax of $9300 for a Hot springs Envoy with the satirs, cover, cover lifter, ozone, $150 worth of chemicals, and delivery. I am just trying to get an idea here so I know if the dealers around here are close or are way off the mark. Thanks for the help. I'm in Iowa by the way if it matters.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 04:45:34 pm »
Based on pricing I've received on the larger models, they have plenty of room to move if they choose to do so.  You really need to go in and test it or test a model with a similar seat to understand if it is for you.  Then talk turkey on the price.  Have a few other models with which you are very familiar and prices for them also.  No one wants to lose business if they don't have to, but they also don't want to give them away.  Here Dimension 1 has the most competitive prices of the better brands against which to compare.  I suggest at a minimum checking a spa out there to get a comparator's price.  You stand a much better chance negotiating if you have "alternatives" and somewhat know what you are doing.  You can get an excellent start on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 04:51:27 pm by rexspent »

fletch49

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 07:31:23 pm »
I purchased a 2004 Cub with Ozone, Northern Lights, Cover Lifter and steps for 10k CAD taxes in.

This included a crane to lift the spa over my house onto my deck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 07:31:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42