What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: stepped on a pop top, blew out a flip flop  (Read 1933 times)

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
stepped on a pop top, blew out a flip flop
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:31:03 am »
After Katarina spared Florida, my spa did suffer some slight damage.

While putting away the patio umbrellas and securing chairs anticipationg winds, I neglected to consider the spa figuring all that water would keep winds from doing anything.

Coming home from work, my wife nervously told me to go look at the spa.  Seeing the cover blown back. it looked like a mangled mess.  It turned out not bad and the cover lifter had some bolts pop out that all fit back in and everything was fine.  

I never attached the clips for the straps but will today.  What I did do was put some patio blocks on towels to hold it down as the remnants passed.  

Does anyone have any other methods?  Do most feel that the straps clipped in will hild the cover down once you bother to attach the clips?

Hot Tub Forum

stepped on a pop top, blew out a flip flop
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:31:03 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: stepped on a pop top, blew out a flip flop
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:32:53 pm »
Huracan force winds? Doubt there's much except for praying that you can do. Those plastic sure lock clips are not really designed for holding the cover down in high wind. They are more to keep currious children from drowning.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 03:20:29 pm »
I never attached the clips for the straps but will today.  What I did do was put some patio blocks on towels to hold it down as the remnants passed.  

Does anyone have any other methods?  Do most feel that the straps clipped in will hild the cover down once you bother to attach the clips?

I bow to Frank's wisdom, but I will add that the locks on the straps should be mounted so that you have to make an effort to lock them into place. If there is any slack at all when the straps are secured wind will get underneath and then all bets are off.  A couple of years ago, I sat on the covered deck of a friends house and watched 50mph winds send 2 hot tub covers by while my friends stayed in place.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:07:58 am »
I've installed a large eye hook into the 6x6s that my spa is on.  I use them in the winter to hold a tarp during snow and ice storms.  I guess I could but straps across if I needed to.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:07:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42