What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: final decision time  (Read 9338 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: final decision time
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 08:01:38 pm »

I can only speak from my local experience regarding Coleman.  The local area actually has two dealers who are both on the shady side and don't take care of their customers...so we end up working on some of them.  I have seen an unusually high number of heater/pump problems.  I am also not thrilled with their covers.  They do not always exactlly match the spa.  Nothing personal though! :-)  If you are having no problems then it was the perfect spa for you!

I would suggest that your observations are more a reflection of the local dealers than the manufacturer. If dealer A sells brand X and fixes all of there issues, you wouldn't see or hear about it.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 08:01:38 pm »

oog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 09:00:24 pm »
kLet me clarify:  the closest Coleman dealer is 3 hours away, but company policy is to set us up with a service dealer within 50 miles.   will this be the same or will we just get blown off whenever there's a problem.  

(can guess the answer) :-/

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 12:12:39 am »
10 year warranty on shell is a joke.  If you actually READ it you'll see it's a 10 year against water loss through the fiberglass backing to the acrylic.  Guess what?  It CANNOT in a MILLION years leak there without the shell surface being damaged first.  IT's a game to get a high number in your face so you'll remember it.  Many companies mislead with this statement.  YOu might as well cover it for lifetime because it will not and cannot happen.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 11:53:17 am »

I've not had a problem with the tub or my dealer. I did have a crack in the plastic peice on the control panel and my dealer replaced it with no problem so I've not had a problem with any of the parts or my dealer. I think truly that if your happy with your dealer your going to be happy with your tub.

OOG is a newbie so you should let him know how long you have had your tub problem free, because of your status on this board with the amount of posts you have it looks like you have had a tub for many years.  I do not wish you any troubles but to make a statement like that without quantifying the the time you have had the tub is misleading.  To have a tub problem free for 10 years is great, to have one problem free for 4 months is expected.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 01:46:50 pm »

OOG is a newbie so you should let him know how long you have had your tub problem free, because of your status on this board with the amount of posts you have it looks like you have had a tub for many years.  I do not wish you any troubles but to make a statement like that without quantifying the the time you have had the tub is misleading.  To have a tub problem free for 10 years is great, to have one problem free for 4 months is expected.

Ray

Ray:

Gee did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed???? Sooooory that I didn't STATE how long I've had my tub!! I'm not TRYING to MISLEAD anyone to the fact that if your going to make a statement about Coleman product failing to pass any tests with in the limits of parts and when they fail then that to me is a digratory statement over the entire Coleman Brand! I've had my tub 2 months today and I couldn't be happier! Would I buy another tub from K2 Spas in Billings MT?? YES....Do I really give a rats pattotie what others think of the Coleman brand of Spas? HELL NO!

Rayman

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 02:28:17 pm »

Ray:

Gee did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed???? Sooooory that I didn't STATE how long I've had my tub!! I'm not TRYING to MISLEAD anyone to the fact that if your going to make a statement about Coleman product failing to pass any tests with in the limits of parts and when they fail then that to me is a digratory statement over the entire Coleman Brand! I've had my tub 2 months today and I couldn't be happier! Would I buy another tub from K2 Spas in Billings MT?? YES....Do I really give a rats pattotie what others think of the Coleman brand of Spas? HELL NO!

I don't mean to offend Backpains but I remember when I first joined the board I looked at how may posts the person had and what there status on the board was to see how much stock to put into their answer.  Any newbie joining would think you were an expert with your status and post qty, when in reality you are just 2 months further along than them.

This is just an opinion and it is a fact based opinion without emotion unlike your outburst.  Once again sorry for offending you.

Ray

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 03:12:24 pm »
OK why isn't it proper for Backpains to gush over her new Coleman spa, but it's OK for someone else to clasify Coleman as a inferior brand due to his personal feelings with the local dealers in his area.  ???

OOG,
Go with the spa and dealer you feel the best with. The Coleman 107 if a fine spa, backed up with a good warranty.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:16:49 pm by spahappy »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 03:15:36 pm »
OK why isn't it proper for Backpains to gush over her new Coleman spa, but it's OK for someone else to clasify Coleman as a inferior brand due to his personal feelings with the local dealers in his area.  ???

I think it's fine for her to "gush".   I also see Rayman's point. It's valid.

Friday: we need to chill out.  8)

07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 05:31:38 pm »
I think it's fine for her to "gush".   I also see Rayman's point. It's valid.

Friday: we need to chill out.  8)

Your right Drew it's Friday..and I have exactly 0 patience today. I am sorry Ray for my "outburst" I've been fighting with my Neurosurgeon all day and I'm tired of the pain I am in and I'm tired of everyone telling me that I am "milking" my pain or over exgaerating my pain. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. If you all want to fight argue or Discuss how "Inferior" Coleman tubs are by all means be my guest...I'm done beating this dead horse..I know I got a superior product no matter what anyone says!

And that folks...is All I have to say!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 06:21:13 pm »
Rayman;

With all due respect, I do beleive that Backpains is just as qualified to make these statements as you are to encourage folks to buy Beachcomber like you did in this thread:

The step sits ontop of the spapack and screw into the side of the tub, it is as sealed as any other tub out there.  No tub is sealed tight.  The spapack has a floor to it as well so the pump and heater are not sitting on the ground, under the step is also where you drain it.  I meant to comment about the step in my last post regarding it's height, they do sell a smaller add on step but we felt it was not necessary.  We have 3 kids, 12, 10 and 7 and no problems getting in and out.  

Ray

If fact, in this thread you stated that the Beachcomber tub, once the screws are tightened, seals the equipment as well as any other tub.

How, as a owner of two Beachcombers in one summer, can you make such a statement? Have you owned other tubs?

You made this statement, with 150 posts and critisize Backpains for making her statement that she has had no troubles as being misleading somehow.

:-/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 09:04:28 am by HotTubMan »

Backpains

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 06:56:14 pm »
Yeah...how could my statement be misleading Just because I have tons and tons of posts doesn't make me an expert nor does it make me stupid either. I didn't know that we were suppose to indicate how long we've had our tubs when repliying to a message. After looking back at several threads...and talking to a few on this board I now know that many people on this board don't like nor have any thing good to say about the Coleman line of hot tubs.

Believe me I do NOT buy "inferior" tubs nor to I look lightly on spending $5700.00 on a hot tub that I would not endorse or have in my possession know as a "POS". That kind of money isn't exactly easy to come by, my husband doesn't make as much as alot of people in his field in other parts of the country. One of the set backs from living in a state that boasts having the Least Population is the fact that the wage is very low (I think we rank 49th out of the 50). So Buying a hot tub by no means was a purchase that me nor my spouse took lightly. I don't own anything that is junk!

But..in the future if you wnat me to post...or somehow let the newbies know that I have owned my tub for 2 months or whatever it happens to be then, ok whatever!

P.S. That was NOT an outburst...if you want to see an outburst..just keep harping on me!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 06:57:55 pm by Backpains »

Rayman

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 09:57:31 am »
Settle down all, Backpains statement was she has never had a problem with her Coleman.  All I am asking is to Quantify the statement, such as "in the 2 months I have owned my coleman I have had zero problems" not "I've not had a problem with the tub or my dealer.  This is the only problem I had with the post.  HTM you mention my post and I did quantify it with"I have had 2 tubs this summer and...".  I try nad answer posts to what I know, If that staement was made by a "backyard" spa dealer who has been in business 2 months and made a statement to the effect of "since we have been in business we have had no quality issues or customer complaints"  you guys would be all over it.  I am just trying to protect  future "newbies", but no one asked me to, so for that I apologize.  Backpains I always read your posts, I think your hilarious.

Ray

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 10:08:07 am »
You may have quantified the amount of time you owned the spa, I just wonder how you can qualify your statement "The step sits ontop of the spapack and screw into the side of the tub, it is as sealed as any other tub out there."

I just wonder if you owned other spas or are just repeating what the Brampton guys told you.

Rayman

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 10:17:52 am »
Rayman;

With all due respect, I do beleive that Backpains is just as qualified to make these statements as you are to encourage folks to buy Beachcomber like you did in this thread:

If fact, in this thread you stated that the Beachcomber tub, once the screws are tightened, seals the equipment as well as any other tub.

How, as a owner of two Beachcombers in one summer, can you make such a statement? Have you owned other tubs?

You made this statement, with 150 posts and critisize Backpains for making her statement that she has had no troubles as being misleading somehow.

:-/

HTM, I have stated all facts.  I have stated my experience and gave examples.  I did not gush or push the brand.  By the way I have no problem with "gushing" over any brand purchased.  I have read alot of posts on this site and most poster's will quantify statements when it comes to having no problems.

Reread my original post and let me know where I bash anyone.

"OOG is a newbie so you should let him know how long you have had your tub problem free, because of your status on this board with the amount of posts you have it looks like you have had a tub for many years.  I do not wish you any troubles but to make a statement like that without quantifying the the time you have had the tub is misleading.  To have a tub problem free for 10 years is great, to have one problem free for 4 months is expected"

Backpains

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 12:35:44 pm »
Ok..ogg...I've owned my Coleman 461 for exactly 2 months, 1 day, 38 minutes. It's a very good hot tub you wouldn't go wrong buying one.

P.S. There is everyone happy?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 12:35:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42