What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs "Classic" Line  (Read 13900 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Hot Springs "Classic" Line
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:57:40 pm »
Hi....just curious those HS people in the know, are these new "Classic" tubs less money compared to the regular line tubs

They seem to be all white endurol.

Ths

Mark

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs "Classic" Line
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:57:40 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hot Springs "Classic" Line
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 06:06:01 pm »
Actually, they're not new at all.  They are the old reliable and most popular (arguably) spas ever made.  HotSpring sold many tens of thousands of the Endurol (white) shells over the years, but the newer pearlescent shells have virtually taken over the market.

The Endurol shells are slowly being phased out, it would seem.  Our dealership, along with a couple of others, are about the last bastion for them.  I still sell quite a few Endurol Sovereigns, but thats about it.

In my opinion, the Endurol shell is the best shell you could possibly have on a spa.  It is nearly impossible to scratch, it won't lose its shine, it won't stain, and you can whack it with a baseball bat and not hurt it.  Alas, the public wants pretty, shiney shells at the moment, so that's what I sell them.

Oh, to answer your question, we do sell them for less.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 06:25:47 pm »
I couldn't agree  more with East TX!! :-)  Perfectly put...and I would whole heartedly recommend the Endural surface!  They cost less because HS makes them in house!  Good luck!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 07:50:08 pm »
The "classic" Hot Springs spas are probably the most rock solid, reliable spas on the market.

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:41:32 pm »
Actually, that's your opinion. They actually have more crack problems in then the quarite plus material they used. If you are talking about them pre 1994 then yes, but since then, no.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:46:47 pm »
Actually, there were some problems around '93-'94 with not having the material thick enough at the cool down seat.  Since then, no problems at all.  Best shell ever.

Terminator

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:57:25 pm »
Actually, that's your opinion. They actually have more crack problems in then the quarite plus material they used. If you are talking about them pre 1994 then yes, but since then, no.

I think you mean to imply that before 1994 there were problems and in the 11 years since then there have been none.  

-Ed

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 03:00:50 pm »
I still disagree, i had too many crack repairs on post 1994 endurol tubs. If it were the best shell ever, why the color change? Why do they only offer 4 models with the endurol? If it's the most durable, and less expensive, as a manufacturer i would want to produce the most durable cost effective tub.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:03:54 pm »
There are other differences - the classic series are 110/220 convertible in some models.

They also have tile, which pushes the jets down a bit in the seating area compared to the new molds.

The Endurol is tough stuff, no doubt, and folks who have owned a HS for a couple of decades usually want to go with what they know.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ebirrane

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 03:06:57 pm »
I still disagree, i had too many crack repairs on post 1994 endurol tubs.

So you are a mechanic or a dealer? Either way you are an unlucky one because you are the first in the 3 years I've been watching this and other boards to post so vehemently against endurol.

If it were the best shell ever, why the color change? Why do they only offer 4 models with the endurol? If it's the most durable, and less expensive, as a manufacturer i would want to produce the most durable cost effective tub.

Ah. you must not be a dealer. You must be a mechanic.

-Ed

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 03:10:59 pm »
20 years selling
Factory trained service and sales by Watkins
Owner for 3 years
All i'm saying is that since MASCO has put their hands on Watkins, it's not like when Jeff and Jon owned it.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 03:16:51 pm »
If you have been associated with Watkins anytime recently, then you would know why Endurol is being phased out.  Feel free to post it here and if you're right, I'll qualify it.

I'll bet Chas knows and I'm sure he'll qualify it, as well.  It's no big secret. :)

Terminator

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 03:33:44 pm »
Hey, all I was saying was that pre 94 endurol was great.
But since 1997 i find the quarite plus they use to be more durable. Of course customers want colors and dealers want curb appeal. But watkins message has become clouded since 1994

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 03:38:49 pm »
Clouded in what way? ???

We did have to repair a 2002 Jetsetter about a year ago.  The Endurol cracked a little on each end of the spa.  Of course, it was because a 60 foot oak tree fell dead-nuts center on top of it.  We gave the customer some Permalite and he fixed it himself.  It wasn't covered by the warranty. ;D

Terminator

ebirrane

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 12:39:46 am »
20 years selling
Factory trained service and sales by Watkins
Owner for 3 years
 All i'm saying is that since MASCO has put their hands on Watkins, it's not like when Jeff and Jon owned it.

That's certainly more experience than I have with these tubs!  But, still, I have heard that the endurol is pretty darn sturdy.  Any concrete examples of what can go wrong and what to watch out for would be appreciated because it really does go against alot of what I had read!

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 12:39:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42