What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover lifter for a SD Maxxus  (Read 2948 times)

Joma

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cover lifter for a SD Maxxus
« on: August 19, 2005, 08:30:05 am »
My wife is starting to get a little worried about lifting the cover of our newly ordered Maxxus.  It's a huge cover and can be very heavy. The dealer is suggesting a covermate III lifter.  I'd like any thoughts on the best lifter for this job.

Thanks,

Joma

Hot Tub Forum

Cover lifter for a SD Maxxus
« on: August 19, 2005, 08:30:05 am »

J._McD

Re: Cover lifter for a SD Maxxus
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 08:47:06 am »
The Maxxus has a three piece cover and folds both ends to the center and then slides into the cover lifter which can be lowered to stand vertical or remain in the horizontal positiion behind the spa if room allows and then to be pulled back onto the spa.  This makes it a bit more difficult than most conventional covers.  the majority of coverlifters will not work and the dealer would recommend the best choice for your situation.  

Do not use the spa with the cover half on either, this will increase the absorption rate and in time the cover will become water logged and much heavier.  That will be the time to replace it with a new cover.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 08:49:54 am by J._McD »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:31:34 am »
Does the CoverMate III actually have the 'lowering' behind the spa feature?  I could be looking at it wrong, but I don't see it here....

http://www.spacoverlifts.com/CoverMate3/cover-mate3.htm

I think I'm getting the Cover Caddy with my Max, which does do the lowering, see these pictures:
http://www.spacoverlifts.com/CoverCaddy/cover-caddy.htm

--
Lee

dsm

• Spa Hunt
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 12:28:18 pm »
Someone else here on the forum (dentlfly) indicated the latest Covermate III has longer braces so that it can sit back a bit on the maxxus. I've got a maxxus with CIII on order. I haven't seen it but my dealer also told me I'd be getting the newer model for this reason.

-steve

Orthofunk

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 07:24:19 pm »
We got a Covermate II with our Maxxus.
It didn't work out at all.  The cover is too heavy, and one of the arms on the lifter bent.  As a result, I had to pull so hard on the cover to get it to close, that the seam ripped on the cover.
The dealer is replacing it with a new cover and a Cover Valet lifter... with shock assist.
This lifter doesn't allow the cover to fold all the way down, but you only need 6" of clearance.  Dealer offered a fold away lifter with shock assist, but it needed 36" of clearance (Cover Caddy, I think.)

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 09:33:30 am »
we have had our maxxus for 2 plus months using the covermate 3 made specifically for 05 maxxus. it works like a charm; has piston assist for last lift to put in vertical position. the cover folds in thirds towards back of spa. when in final open position, the cover sits vertically off back of spa with majority of cover above spa{for us this gives additional privacy to that side). it does angle slightly towards spa but not in anyone's way. it also only takes up approx. 16 inches off back of spa where shelf type of storage can take up 36 or more inches of space. hope this helps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 09:33:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42