What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: captured heat from pumps  (Read 2745 times)

Curious...

captured heat from pumps
« on: May 14, 2001, 12:52:26 am »
I respect most of Jim's "engineering" expertise, but has anyone ever really thought about the idea of capturing heat from the pumps?

Even running the spa for a half hour every day, is enough heat generated and passed through to the water to warrant even mentioning this claim? I can see this working in a spa that runs several hours per day, but not in the average residential spa.

Any comments?

Hot Tub Forum

captured heat from pumps
« on: May 14, 2001, 12:52:26 am »

Spa Tech

Cogeneration as a heat source.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2001, 01:00:34 am »
The answer is yes, there are a few companies that use the jet pumps as a means to conserve heat or as a heat source.

As a matter of fact, theres a company called X-spadition, that has no heating element at all. Its sole source of heating comes from the captured heat from the jet pump.
Others typically use a shroud to pull heat from the pump as a simple conservation method. HotSpring for instance, has such shrouds, though Im sure there are many more.

TubberTales

Re:Cogeneration as a heat source.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2001, 02:18:22 am »
truth be told the tubs that jim sells have a very special way of cogenerating heat.  its called the flatuance flux capacitor system and is only in the spas that jim sells.  You cant get this economical heating system in a full foam spa, no, only in a thermopane spa sold by jim.  Fact is, it generates so much heat it melts full foam spas and the entire cabinet.  If you act quickly Jim will include this system free of charge so long as you NEVER mention FULL FOAM again.

brickman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: captured heat from pumps
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:54:40 pm »
   actualy there is another company in Charlotte NC that has a heating system like this. The name is "original heat exchanger co.inc".I have a spa with this system and really enjoy it. It maintains a constant temp through a thermostat mounted in the pump outlet side.  

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 11:15:38 pm »
I really wish you guys would stop talking about this, the next thing you know is the asian import market will pick up on the technology, mass produce it and destroy our american manufacturers once their secrets are known.

I am surprised Jim hasn't spilled the beans to them yet.  Look at what they did to the auto industry, you could only imagine what they could do to the spa industry if this gets out.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 11:20:11 pm »
Things must be slow when you guys need to discuss posts from over 4 years ago... ::)

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 08:26:57 am »
Yeah, who trotted this out?
Brewman
Brewman

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 08:37:40 am »
Yeah, who trotted this out?
 Brewman

Brickman, who appears to be from the NC area did, and I fall for it every time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 08:37:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42