What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decision Made . . . Artesian Diamond  (Read 5797 times)

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Decision Made . . . Artesian Diamond
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:11:35 pm »
We've done it!  Put a deposit down on an Artesian Diamond.  My wife liked the lounge quite a bit. At 82" square, she fit pretty well . . . plus the variable flow control let her turn down the back jets when she wants a leg message and vice-a-versa so she is more comfy in the lounge.  I really like the neck jets.  Definately a very hard choice . . . but the Artesian had the best hydrotherapy of any tub we tested.   Size was an issue and we ended up going slightly larger than we wanted in order to comfortable accomodate 4.  It'll be great with the kids!  They helped us test and loved this spa . . . especially the cool down seat.  It's got a big jet that does a nice job on calfs.  Really liked the dealer and was surprised what a difference this makes in the decision overall.   We're happy!  :)

Thanks for all the support and figuring things out . . . especially the constant drum beat around wet testing.

P.S.  Out the door including egregious 8.25% california sales tax, delivery, ozone, cover, cover lifter, steps, chemicals = $7,600.

Hot Tub Forum

Decision Made . . . Artesian Diamond
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:11:35 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Decision Made . . . Artesian Diamond
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 09:18:29 pm »
Congrats and Enjoy!

I think you got a pretty good price too!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 10:23:03 pm »
Looks like 4 people should be comfortable in here.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 12:56:02 am »
Indeed!  We tried several 78"x78" tubs with the four of us and . . . Man!  It was too tight.

Thanks

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 06:45:47 am »
Congratulations!  I hope you enjoy your tub!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 09:19:02 am »
Looks like a great tub!!  Congrats!
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 10:15:33 am »
Congrats on your decision play!!!!! May your wait be few...your soaks be long...and your water be hot, bubbly, and clean!

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 11:58:49 am »
Thanks, folks . . . would be interested in hearing from anyone with an Artesian tub on their experiences with it.

8)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 07:08:58 pm »
Thanks, folks . . . would be interested in hearing from anyone with an Artesian tub on their experiences with it.

8)

My Island series is outfitted like your Gold except that you can control the jets' intensity similar to the Platinum series.

The power is awesome but can be turned down. I believe your jets have larger openings so it will be a little gentler on "full power".

It's pretty economical - my 1st full month electric bill came in at about $27. That's with a water dump and reheat. We go in it and have all 3 pumps going and I'm in it for about 50 min and maybe missed 5 days because it was just too hot. The kids go in for about 20 minutes.

On those "cold" 70ish nights, the tub kept it's temperature.  If your into tech stuff - they have a large 48 frame circ pump now and my tub came with 2 microban filters. It seems quiet while circulating the water - hear just a slight hum but with all the jets going - you need to talk a little loud (or maybe we just think we do??). It's deep and comfortable IMO.

As for bad - well 3 jets broke off but the dealer did replace them. She had to order 2 of them as she didn't have any in stock but it only took about 2 weeks. After the initial broken jets - no other problems yet.

Is there anything specific you want info on?

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 08:10:58 pm »
My biggest concern is around chemistry and maintaining the water.  Sounds like that hasn't been a problem for you.  Since we are new to spas . . . and seems like the different brands recommend different approaches thought I'd see how it is for Artersian spas.  Our dealer (a nice guy we trust) is recommending the Nature 2 approach.  Not sure if this is only Artesian or general to all spas.  I've read previous posts on the various options so no need to rehash.  Just wanted to see how it's worked.

thanks,

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 08:22:24 pm »
Chemistry is really easy! Don't worry about it.

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 09:31:11 pm »
Great!  That's what I want to hear   ;D

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Decision Made . . . Artesian
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 07:15:53 pm »
Congratulations on your new spa.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 06:08:04 pm »
 Congratulations! You are going to love your new Artesian. The Diamond is a really comfortable spa, not as large as some models, but ithas a big spa feel with lots of room for the family. Plenty of therapy from the 3 pumps and adjustable direct flow controllers. Goodluck and enjoy the hot water. Dave.

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 10:46:38 pm »
Hey NJDave:

Do you own a Diamond or other Artesian spa?  Always interested in hearing experiences of other owners.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 10:46:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42