What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Turn! Purchased a Marquis Reward  (Read 4508 times)

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
My Turn! Purchased a Marquis Reward
« on: June 26, 2005, 10:49:09 pm »

I realized I never made the grand announcement, so here goes. After looking, researching, talking to hot tub owners and wet testing a variety of hot tubs, my family decided on the Marquis Reward. It was a joint venture. Me, the Mrs. our daughter and usually one of our daughter's friends have all tested various spas from Saratoga Spa, Masterspa, Hydropool, Marquis and Dimension 1.

Why the Reward? We liked the features: ozonator, jet placement, lounge and the lighting. Plenty of jets and with two pumps pushing out a totoal of 320 gpm, it feels great.

The next most important reason for going with Marquis is the local dealer. Joe N. comes across as a very sincere guy, honest & friendly. He represents the kind of company that will stand behind their product. And about 20 years of experience selling spas.  (I also doublechecked with BBB.ORG - no complaints listed there). He's also patient: The spa has been ordered and sitting in his warehouse for a couple of months until we can get our back porch built.

Now, a slight change of subject. When visiting this forum, I always enjoy looking at the various pictures and links. So I thought I would give back some eye candy, too. We decided to put the spa into an enclosed area because we don't want to shovel the snow off in the winter and we do want to avoid the mosquitoes in the spring & summer. We're building a screened-in porch attached to the back of the house. I'm taking pictures and puttin' 'em on the web.
If you click on this link NE Phil's Porch Spa Construction, you'll see the process as it happens. I've been adding pictures almost every day and will continue to do so until the spa & porch are completed.

Enjoy,

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Hot Tub Forum

My Turn! Purchased a Marquis Reward
« on: June 26, 2005, 10:49:09 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: My Turn! Purchased a Marquis Reward
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 09:29:43 am »
Congratulations, NEPhil!!!

May your journey to Spatopia be short and trouble free!!!

Official blessings when it is delivered!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 09:34:14 am »
Congrats Phil..

I just got into hot water yesterday and it is well worth the wait!! I truly hope you enjoy your hot tub as mush as I am enjoying mine!

Backpains

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 10:03:46 am »
Congrats!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 11:37:57 am »
Nice Spa....Enjoy.... :D

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 04:11:21 pm »
Congratulations!  I hope your installation goes smoothly too.  You picked a great spa!

Regards,

Bill

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:28:27 pm »
Way to go, Phil....I know the anticipation is killin' ya!  I feel yer pain, man......mine was delivered 1 year ago, 7/11.....and I'm still crazy about it..... :P
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 10:17:21 pm »
There's a loose nail on that third board from the right. I'd have the contractor get right on it....

Looks like the best-built part of your whole house will have a spa sitting in it.

Enjoy.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

kel444

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 12:23:29 pm »
Hi Phil,
I read your post and wondered if your in the NY/Schen area? I just looked at a Marquis Reward got a price package to include everything but stereo for 7495. w/o tax. THe salesman was Joe N. this is why I'm asking at casual living....Could it be the same guy/place?
We also looked at the Saratoga Spa and Hot Spring but I really liked the Marquis. I also checked out the BBB and found that Saratoga did not seem to fair so well...that was a turn off for me so we did not even wet test even though I liked what I saw and what I heard.
Lor

velocity23

• If it ain't broke...break it
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 12:38:52 pm »
Congrats! Looks like its going to be sweet

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 01:16:29 pm »
Nice pictures...... Looks like you have a real nice family....do enjoy.... :D

drprwnap

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 02:59:32 pm »
Congrats, Phil..  I'm sure you'll  love the tub!!

drprwnap 8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 07:18:12 pm »
Congrats and enjoy!

Nice job on the room!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 08:27:11 pm »
Hi Phil,
I read your post and wondered if your in the NY/Schen area? I just looked at a Marquis Reward got a price package to include everything but stereo for 7495. w/o tax. THe salesman was Joe N. this is why I'm asking at casual living....Could it be the same guy/place?
Lor

Hi Lor,
You're close. I'm just a little bit East of Clifton Park off the Northway.
You're absolutely right. Joe N. at Casual Living is where we purchased our Marquis. They're the only Marquis dealers in the area. I've talked with a number of people there - it's a family business - and everyone is very helpful - even the bookkeeper! I paid a slightly lower price that your quote because we bought ours back in March. Same arrangement - spa, chemicals, cover and lifter and steps.
If you've wet tested it, you know there are a few deep seats. I had him throw in 3 booster seats for the kids. We weren't interested in the stereo although it did sound great.
BE SURE to wet test. That's the only way to know for sure.
If you'd like more info, I sent you a private message on how to get in touch with me.
Half the fun is in the looking! ;D

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 08:27:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42