What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance's new disposable filter  (Read 4058 times)

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Sundance's new disposable filter
« on: August 08, 2005, 09:13:16 pm »
Has anyone had to change one yet? I'm only 2 months into my spa, so should have a lot more miles to go on it. To me the filter looks the same it did on day one.

So when do I know times up?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance's new disposable filter
« on: August 08, 2005, 09:13:16 pm »

Dog_Pound

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sundance's new disposable filter
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 09:22:44 pm »
I would just change it when the reminder on the LCD lights up?  ???

I just cleaned mine after the first month and it only had a strand of hair on it ;D

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 09:27:58 pm »
 I have my filter reminder clock turned off. I hear the replacement filters are $$$, really don't want to change it until the water chemistry is effected.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 09:30:42 pm by johnvb »

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 10:37:07 pm »
The new disposable filter should go approximately 9+ months replacement cost around $80 and just throw it out.  IF you go past 9 months, we don't have a lot of experience to go on at this time starting in '05, you will begin to see reduced performance on pump 1 because of the reduction of suction.  If you notice reduction of suction take the filter out and judge again.  If you see a big difference, get a new filter. ;D

Dog_Pound

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 10:49:44 pm »
J.  Mcd...did you see my reply to your questions in my other thread? Thanks

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 07:30:38 am »
The new disposable filter should go approximately 9+ months replacement cost around $80 and just throw it out. ÊIF you go past 9 months, we don't have a lot of experience to go on at this time starting in '05, you will begin to see reduced performance on pump 1 because of the reduction of suction. ÊIf you notice reduction of suction take the filter out and judge again. ÊIf you see a big difference, get a new filter. ;D

My dealer said to change it at 8 months - two fills.  The Sundance manual says 6 months.  I'm going to go with the 8 months because I'll refill after 4 months.  Where can I buy replacements for $80???

I have to say that I'm very impressed with the MicroClean II filter - my tubs water is crystal clear with a minimum of care.

Susan

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 07:52:42 am »
I don't know how much of a difference you will see in water pressure if the filter gets clogged because pump 1 does not suck directly through the filter.  The suction is actually under the filter.  

I have not seen any reduced flow in our showroom spas and do not have enough experience with them out in the field to know exactly what happens when the filter gets clogged.  You may see a reduced flow in the circulation pump.  

Just throwing this out there.

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 08:31:18 am »
Sundance did real well with this feature. The LCD screen actually lets the homeowner know when its time to change the filter. That's so easy. There's no degreasing chemicals and you don't have to use spa clarifier because it filters such small particles. The best in the biz...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 08:38:14 am »
For those of you with the new Sundance filters, consider this.  Our spa (Optima) has a standard pleated filter, along with a disposable microfilter, which is supposed to be replaced every few months.  I replace mine at every water change.  These filters cost $15 each, so I'm spending about $60 per year on those, plus a bottle of filter cleaner at each water change, and I think those cost about $9 each.  Plus I chose to purchase an extra pleated filter to swap with the one that came with the spa.  That was $60, so when I need to replace both of those it may cost me maybe $120, pro rated over their 3 year life span works out to maybe another $40 per year.  That works out to about $135 per year on filter related costs.  If your $80 filter lasts 9 months, and that is your only filter expense, your actual costs might be lower than mine.  Just food for thought.
Brewman
Brewman

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 10:57:52 am »
Heck if I have to pay $120 for one, and I can make it last a year, that's $10 a month for not having to do any filter maintenance...sound like a good deal to me.

In my case, the tub is indoors, with around 6-9 hours of use each week,  (usually just my wife and I) and I plan to change the water every 90 days. I'm wondering if the filter will actually start coming apart, before it clogs up enough to effect the water flow.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 10:57:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42