What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lesson Learned in Filter Cleaning  (Read 4268 times)

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Lesson Learned in Filter Cleaning
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:59:24 pm »
We have been very pleased with our Artesian Emerald.  Today, however i learned a valuable lesson.  Be diligent about Cleaning the filters.  Last night water perfect,  This morning three dots blinking on the screen, so did as manual said and removed filters and the dots went out.  Tells me my filters were clogged.  We will now be cleaning filters once a week on fridays and plan to buy to more filters so we can soak the ones being cleaned for the week.  So to all new owners--Don't take the filter cleaning lightly.  It is a must and only takes 15 minutes tops.

Hot Tub Forum

Lesson Learned in Filter Cleaning
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:59:24 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Lesson Learned in Filter Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 01:03:39 pm »
Good advice. And if you use filter cleaner rinse, rinse again, and then one more time till the rinsewater runs clear.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:24:26 pm »
I think I would go batty cleaning my filter once per week.  I clean monthly and rinse off occasionally if needed.  I soak in filter cleaner overnight and rinse very well.  I do not use the spray cleaner.  You must of had a huge bather load or someone brought something in that clogged the filters.  Many people rinse weekly.  An extra set of filters makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:27:01 pm by tony »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 01:44:22 pm »
If you guys do a rinse, do you completely cut power???

I did the first time, but last couple times, I pulled the filters one at a time, and rinsed them off.  They always look very white so after a month, I haven't soaked them overnight yet.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 01:45:33 pm »
I just cleaned my 5 filters for the first time. I used a spray on cleaner. Having 5 filters I practically used the whole bottle. They came pretty clean

I plan on cleaning once a month.

After this first experience I am considering the HS Tri X filters I can spray then throw in the dishwasher. This will make filter cleaning easier during the winter months.

Need more info on the Tri X to see if there worth the money.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 01:51:44 pm »
I just cleaned my 5 filters for the first time. I used a spray on cleaner. Having 5 filters I practically used the whole bottle. They came pretty clean

I plan on cleaning once a month.

After this first experience I am considering the HS Tri X filters I can spray then throw in the dishwasher. This will make filter cleaning easier during the winter months.

Need more info on the Tri X to see if there worth the money.

Drober30,

I don't have the vanguard, but I looked at it. I saw the 5 filters and said "Cripes...I don't want to clean those every month"

The Hotsprings dealer said "No, No. No. You only clean *one* filter  a month, and rotate/ move all the others filters up one in postions, and put the clean one in the last postion.

Chas should know.....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:54:01 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 01:56:07 pm »
I rinse all 5 of my Tri-X filters once per week with the garden hose nozzle on strong.  About every other month, the water is changed and the filters are put in the dishwasher on normal wash, air dry with no cleaners of any kind ever.

Regards,

Bill

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 03:49:41 pm »
Now this is a discussion I can relate to!!! The Colman hot tubs have a main filter, and a pre-filter. The pre-filter catches all the little stuff, where as the main filter catches all the big grime ( spahappy you can correct me if I am wrong about this) Now....I rinse the pre-filter every day, just use the hose and rinse it good. I do have an extra pre-filter when it gets to bad taht I can't get it clean any longer, and the cost is $20.00 for two.

My big filter I clean once every 3 days with the hose and spray each pleat that's 144 pleats. Once a month I spray it with filter cleaner and let it soak for a little bit then rinse it with the hose 3 times set it out in the sun to dry and put it back in.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 04:51:56 pm »
Dumb question to HS owners - I only have 4 filters in the filter compartment (2004 Vanguard).  Am I overlooking a filter, or does mine just have 4?  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 04:51:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42