What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I love high definition  (Read 8864 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
I love high definition
« on: September 09, 2006, 11:26:56 pm »
I couldn't title this REVENGE IS SWEET, as the next Heisman Trophy winner said, "This wasn't about revenge."  

Lori, we were the better team this time.

Don't mess with Texas? ;D :P

Now, its hot tub time!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:27:34 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

I love high definition
« on: September 09, 2006, 11:26:56 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: I love high definition
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 04:32:37 pm »
I agree, you were the better team this time!!!   :'(

And, unfortunately, we can't win them all!!!  At least it wasn't a total blow out!!

Yes, the tub is a great way to drown sorrows, without the hangover the next morning!!!!!

Congratulations to the OSU Buckeyes!!!!  It was a good game!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:13:52 pm »
2-0 in night games in High Def.  They look good on any screen!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 04:20:28 pm »
Hubby ordered a new Hi-Def TV (don't ask me about particulars, because when he starts talking about LCD, DLP, etc., I just let him keep talking & I think about other things)!!!! ;-)  Too bad it won't be here in time for the his team to lose this weekend!!!!

Hook 'em, Horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 06:10:47 pm »
3-0 in High def!

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 09:03:20 pm »
Talking about high def, I just bought a new Fuji S3 pro digital SLR yesterday.  Phenomenal images (12 megapixels) and the most advanced sensor design out there.  I also bought this little screen colour calibrator made by Pantone and it suction cups to the screen and performs an auto calibration.  Holy sh**.  I have spent countless hours trying to calibrate my monitors and this is it.  A hundred bucks of the best oney that I have ever spent.
Go Tigers
Steve

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 06:41:27 pm »
How do you calibrate the other devices to get exactly what you want? I always get off colors from my pictures whether scanned of digital, maybe it is a monitor thing.

I recently broke out my old Nikon SLR since I bought my wife a 4 megapixel point and shoot, she complains it don't get close enough ... I broke out a 205 mm zoom lens to get in closer, not close enough ... added a matched multiplier (was popular in the 80's) and got 410 mm. I'll see how it goes now.

I would love to buy a high megapixel digital SLR but I usually don't take photos anymore except of family get togethers.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 10:54:20 pm »
Hey Steve, I know you love photography; what photo software do you use? My son just bought himself a digital camera, took a pretty cool picture and won a first prize at our community fair...Which I thought was super since he only had the camera for 2 days!
I need ONE good program that can organize and burn my pictures cause I am sure I will soon be going into photo overload.....Any suggestions?

Support your dealer so they can support you!

tuggnet

• 2006 HotSpring Grandee
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 06:06:55 pm »
Talking about high def, I just bought a new Fuji S3 pro digital SLR yesterday.  Phenomenal images (12 megapixels) and the most advanced sensor design out there.  
I read a review of your Fuji and it indeed seems to be a nice camera.  I'd be interested to hear how the "simulated film" modes work.

Fuji has always been known for great white balance in their DLSRs and I assume this body is no exception.

I was a little supprised to read it has a 1.5 crop factor.  I would have expected their camera with that advanced sensor to be full frame!

Any way, I'd really like to hear how you like the fim modes.  Better yet, post some shots!

Cheers

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 08:32:06 pm »
Hey Steve, I know you love photography; what photo software do you use? My son just bought himself a digital camera, took a pretty cool picture and won a first prize at our community fair...Which I thought was super since he only had the camera for 2 days!
I need ONE good program that can organize and burn my pictures cause I am sure I will soon be going into photo overload.....Any suggestions?

Although I don't spend a lot of time editing digital photos I have used a few photo suites over the years. One I'm using right now is called Serif Photoplus 6. It's free (google serif) and it has some of the normal features. I also have used HP software and like the panoramic feature of it.

I have used MGI photosuite and had a program called Powergoo. Even tried those $10 discs from Staples. I have to say although I'm not a fan of Microsoft products I would like to try their photo editing software.

I think it depends on what you're looking to do. Years ago someone gave me the Adobe photo software and I didn't like it. My suggestion would be start off with a freebie (or cheapie) and look in the paper for Compusa or simular adds. Over the years I have been able to get free software with rebates.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 09:13:43 pm »
Vinny, I actually downloaded the free Adobe product and it is OK, but it doesn't let you directly burn the pictures. somehow it fixed itself as my default for uploading pics from my cameras...I didn't like that at all. I just want to download and burn so that I can clear the camera right away and do any editing later. I have tons of pictures from this weekend and I can't store all of them on my hard drive...I think the free Adobe messed everything up >:(

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 08:51:05 am »
Boni,

Uninstall the adobe and there is a Windows (on XP home at least) utility program called scanner and camera wizard. This might be what you're looking for.

It reads that there is a camera and then will download the picts. I believe like all Windows things you can pick where you want them saved. If you have a RW CD or DVD (even better - more space) then any manipulations that are done can be saved back onto the disk.

Sorry, I'm a little thick headed and you did say you wanted something to download the picts ...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 10:04:27 am »
HI Vinny, Yeah, that is what I had been using, but that darn Adobe fixed itself over my windows camera wizard. I was having trouble with the camera wizard recognizing my Fugi camera so I would have to go into "my computer" and right click on auto load when I plugged the camera in...Adobe screwed it all up and as soon as I hook up the camera, it automatically uploads the pictures and I believe stores them on line...because they aren't stored as files on my computer. I think I just have too much loaded on this computer and things are all over the place...when Adobe loads it goes immediately on line  >:( >:(   I like some things about Adobe, but I don't like it taking over my computer, if it had the option to burn, it would be OK:o   You're right, It's gotta go...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 10:17:46 am »
HI Vinny, Yeah, that is what I had been using, but that darn Adobe fixed itself over my windows camera wizard. I was having trouble with the camera wizard recognizing my Fugi camera so I would have to go into "my computer" and right click on auto load when I plugged the camera in...Adobe screwed it all up and as soon as I hook up the camera, it automatically uploads the pictures and I believe stores them on line...because they aren't stored as files on my computer. I think I just have too much loaded on this computer and things are all over the place...when Adobe loads it goes immediately on line  >:( >:(   I like some things about Adobe, but I don't like it taking over my computer, if it had the option to burn, it would be OK:o   You're right, It's gotta go...

Kodak's "Easy Share" software is a pain. It's always trying to go online and bogs the system down.  Overall the system is great, but the software is a bit intrusive.
07 Caldera Geneva

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 06:29:23 pm »
Just bought a Canon rebel xti. Happy with the results so far. Bought the body only, and an additional 50mm lens for portraits.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 06:29:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42