What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maxxus Cover Lift  (Read 7446 times)

pda32

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Maxxus Cover Lift
« on: July 30, 2005, 05:51:10 pm »
I am new to this board and the proud new owner of a 2005 Sundance Maxxus. My question is if anyone is aware of a cover lift that will work with the 3 panel cover. The cover is extremely heavy and it is awkward to remove because of the third flap.
Paul

Hot Tub Forum

Maxxus Cover Lift
« on: July 30, 2005, 05:51:10 pm »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
Re: Maxxus Cover Lift
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 06:04:16 pm »
You *should* have gotten one with the spa that handled the 3-piece cover! My dealer included it (with my order in progress) called the Cover Caddy, and it holds the three-piece cover mostly in back of the spa (not up in the air).

I think someone else here posted a picture, and it may be on the RH site, also.

(There are also some comments that the three piece cover has some weaknesses, but I'd rather have that than a larger two piece one....)

Edit: Here's a picture of the CC on the RH site, and it may or may not be the same thing as what I'm getting or what fits the three piece SD cover...
http://www.rhtubs.com/coverlifts/cover-caddy.htm

Any SD dealers want to comment on the 2005 SD Max 3 three piece cover?  (And comments that some are opting for a two piece one?! :) )
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 06:06:47 pm by leesweet »
--
Lee

pda32

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 07:53:45 am »
Does Sundance actually nake a bi-fold cover for the 2005 Maxxus, my Dealer told me the 3 panel was the only one available.
Paul

dsm

• Spa Hunt
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 08:42:44 pm »
Yes they make a two piece cover. Both of the sundance dealers in my area recommended the two piece cover actually so that's what I ordered. Not trying to start anything as I have no idea if this is true, but I'm just relaying what they said but their issues were: 1) Lifting two-thirds of the cover after the first one is folded over was too much for some smaller or older individuals and 2) They had seen some seam problems due to stress at the first seam. I'm in mass so I don't know if snow had anything to do with the seam problem.

-steve

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 10:29:01 pm »
I have alift on my 05 Maxxus.  It came with the tub.  I'm not sure of the brand though.  I'll check with my dealer and find out.  Sundance does have a two panle lift all though it is only available on the models withut the stereo.

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 11:48:24 pm »
With speaker placement in the center there is a problem with a bi-fold cover.  Whether it is a bi-fold or a tri-fold the weight remains the same.  With the length of the spa at 9'2" and the width at 7'6" you are getting into foam core inserts that come in a standard size of 4' x 8'.  As you can see, there in lies the problem.

Steps will be available August 10th.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 01:59:04 am »
ummmmmmmmmmmm, the blocks of foam actually come, or at least we can get, up to 20' long. We typically though only stock lengths up to 14' long.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 08:07:14 am »
I talked with Sundance and they said they only offer a 3-piece cover specifically for the speaker reason mentioned previously.  The only cover lift available is the cover caddy with the new, larger brackets.  

They made a 2-piece cover for the 99-04 Maxxus only.  

dsm

• Spa Hunt
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 05:12:23 pm »
Hmm. I ordered the maxxus with a stereo. In what way does the bifold cover create a problem for the stereo speakers. I can see they would be in the middle, but the manual says they must be closed before you close the cover anyhow.

As I said I don't feel strongly about what these salesmen told me but just to followup on the weight issue because someone discounted it. The salesman did actually demonstrate it to me so I'll explain. With a bifold cover you lift half the weight and then the whole weight is assisted (at least with the covermate iii hydrolics). With the three piece cover you fold over a third, then you have to fold over two thirds then the whole weight is assisted for the final lift. It's the lifting over two thirds that is heavier. Not a big deal to me but for some it might matter.

-steve

mjb

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 05:58:30 pm »
Leisure Concepts manufactures the CoverMate I
and the CoverMate III for the Maxxus.
They work great.
The reason you do not want the fold at the
speaker is that ice sometimes can build-up.

pda32

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 11:24:26 pm »
The siding on the Sundance spas seems kind of flimsy, has anyone had any problems with it holding the brackets for the lift. The cover is extremely heavy and it seems like it may not support the weight.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 07:51:41 am »
The reason for the seams not being ovre the speakers is the same as why we reccommend not putting the seam over the control pad.  Water gets up into the seam and makes its way to the edge.  There is an almost constant drip on the control pad and could cause premature failure.

As far as the skirt goes:  The dealer should install braces behind the cabinet if they are not there already.  But, the plastic itself is more than capable of handling a brand new cover in the lift.  I don't know about when the cover gets old though.

dsm

• Spa Hunt
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 01:13:17 pm »
Thanks for pointing this out! I contacted sundance myself and they pretty much agreed that we should stick with the tri-fold cover. They didn't require it for the warranty but they ship it with that and it's what they recommend. I talked to my dealer and since it was being shipped with it they had no problem giving me that one. The salesperson was not there right now but I plan on calling back and trying to get a discount since they no longer need to buy the bifold cover for me. I wonder what the heck she was going to do with the tri-fold cover?

-steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 01:13:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42