What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prices and Markups  (Read 6010 times)

ohiocouple

Prices and Markups
« on: July 16, 2005, 01:28:50 pm »
First I would like to say a Big THANKYOU .. to this forum for all the help you have been to me and my wife.  I read a good portion of the topics here before wet testing any tubs, and it help to have some clue of what I was looking for.  Well after several wet tests and some dry. I have found the tub for me. It fits me like a glove. and the wife loves it.

Now for my questions the tub is a 2005 sundance maxxus. I have no experience of course in the hot tub industry.  I am a automotive repair shop owner.  My question is this.  The Sundance dealer is acting like he has absolutly no room to negotiate the price.  So hoping to hear from you folks is this normally true in sundance deals.  The price they are giving me on this tub with cover and a simple set of plastic stairs is 11,300 with raidio system installed.  I just am finding it hard to swallow since the hotsprings folks on a Grande (sp?) are in the 9's with a lot more extras. Just wondering is it possible to buy this tub for under 10k?

Thanks again for all the great advice.
Ohiocouple

Hot Tub Forum

Prices and Markups
« on: July 16, 2005, 01:28:50 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Prices and Markups
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 03:04:40 pm »
The Maxxus is a bigger tub than the Grandee. Here in Southern Cal the Grandee can run 11 with Spaudio a lift and a remote control.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 03:09:53 pm »
In my area of massachusetts that tub sells for $10,700 w/ no radio. The radio option was $895 & $150 for the better remote. I doubt you can buy that tub W/ radio for under $10,000. My dealer negotiated only about $200 . I will say you will not be sorry if you purchase this tub. I am not that familiar w/ the grande but I don't believe it is the same size as the maxxus, thus the larger price tag.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 03:24:48 pm »
Agree with above.  That price does not sound bad.  The '05 Maxxus seems to be a big seller.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 05:11:45 pm »
Under 10 K, never, or only in your dreams and mine too.  $11,300 with a stereo is a good price.  

But, if you want to try, why don't you sit down and write your check out for $11,000 and see if he takes it or shows you the way out.  If he shows you the door, don't be offended because, he is only trying to make a living and support his business.  

You should certainly be able to understand that, considering your a business owner yourself.  Apparently, you must feel he is making too much money.;D

Don't forget, this is the same guy you are going to rely on for any of your needs later. ;)

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 05:56:03 pm »
The $11,300 on the Maxxus is interesting to me, since we wet tested the Optima and was given a price of $11,300 for a 2005 model w/stereo.  Um....I guess if we decide on the Optima we need to negotiate a better price.
2005 Marquis Epic

ohiocouple

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 05:19:02 am »
Under 10 K, never, or only in your dreams and mine too.  $11,300 with a stereo is a good price.  

But, if you want to try, why don't you sit down and write your check out for $11,000 and see if he takes it or shows you the way out.  If he shows you the door, don't be offended because, he is only trying to make a living and support his business.  

You should certainly be able to understand that, considering your a business owner yourself.  Apparently, you must feel he is making too much money.;D

Don't forget, this is the same guy you are going to rely on for any of your needs later. ;)

Oh I totaly understand making a buck and supporting your buisness, I also realize that many business owners are out to make a retirement amount of money before they are 45 too. And I personally just am not willing to give up my retierment to do that for them  ::)  
There was once a day that the amount of money you payed someone did not buy you better service. Due to the fact that business owners took pride in each and every business transaction that was done in their small community. But this type of business owner now is hard to come by.

Back to the hottub we finally have settled on a price. And look forward to joining you hottubbers soon. Thanks again for all the advice and help.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 07:42:53 am »
Ohio Couple,  I am guessing that you guys are in Xenia? If so, are you going to the dealer in Dayton?   There is a Sundance dealer on the outerbelt on the far west side of Columbus. In fact, a  Saturday trip to the west side of Columbus will give you Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Cal, Artesian, and Dynasty within 1/2 mile of each other. Another 20 miles will take you to a Master Spa dealer. But I know the dealers on the west side have many customers out your way, so service and support shouldn't be too much of an issue. Take your time, and if neccesary make multiple visits. The price your given isn't terribly out of line, but only that dealer knows for sure how much he can do to get your business.  I've found multiple visits shows a level of interest and checking out multiple brands can spark a dealers interest in being competitive.  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 07:44:36 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hymbaw

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 07:57:24 pm »
I couldn't do 11,300 with stereo---- I say "go for it" --- He's not trying to rob you, the Maxxus is a lot of tub with some features you wont find on a Hot Spring (no knock on HS) The HS dealer in my area prices the Grandee w/Spaudio @ $10900 if that helps.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 12:15:14 pm »
Wow!  I did get a great deal!  I only paid $9800.00 plus tax sales tax (6%)for my 2005 Sundance Maxxus.  That included stairs (plastic snap together) Cover and lift, Stereo and remote, chemical test strips, Bromine tablets, bromine powder, water clarifier, descaler, bromine shock, & ph increaser and decreaser.  These were small 16oz and 1 LB chemical containers respectively but still added a lot of value.  This price also included delivery.  What I did not get was customer service.  Would I have paid more for service?  Yes!  What I am talking abouit is since I'm a newbie I wanted help with water chemistry!  That help has come entirely from this forum and my own research!  Thanks Forum! I would say check on his customer service levels by talking with his past and current customers and pay him accordingly.

dsm

• Spa Hunt
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 09:53:10 pm »
I closed at $10689 including:

05 maxxus tub w/stereo and remote
delivery by crane
covermate iii
ozonator
steps (04, I need to trim them a bit to fit)
starter kit
drink tray

This was after haggling down from 11,310. It helped getting a price from another sundance dealer.

-steve

c00ter

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 02:56:48 am »
Well I think I'm also getting a good deal..  I have been quoted $9800.00 + Uncle Arnie tax...  ;D  This is a Fair Special..  It includes the Maxxus (of course) with the stereo, steps, ozone, start up chems, cover, and lift.  We will be wet testing it this Tuesday.  
I'm also looking at the HS Vista.  That quote is $8900 w/o the stereo and basically the same extras as the Maxxus.  Wet testing that later this week.  

I will let you know what the final outcome later.....  

c00ter

salesdvl

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 11:08:25 am »
Ohio Couple,  I am guessing that you guys are in Xenia? If so, are you going to the dealer in Dayton?   There is a Sundance dealer on the outerbelt on the far west side of Columbus. In fact, a  Saturday trip to the west side of Columbus will give you Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Cal, Artesian, and Dynasty within 1/2 mile of each other. Another 20 miles will take you to a Master Spa dealer. But I know the dealers on the west side have many customers out your way, so service and support shouldn't be too much of an issue. Take your time, and if neccesary make multiple visits. The price your given isn't terribly out of line, but only that dealer knows for sure how much he can do to get your business.  I've found multiple visits shows a level of interest and checking out multiple brands can spark a dealers interest in being competitive.  

There is a LA Spas dealer in Gahanna on the east side of Columbus.
Measure once, cut twice.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 09:47:57 pm »
I've been trying to post this for 4 days, but keep getting a message saying I'm banned from using this forum. Here's another try. You know, granted Sundance is a decent product, but have any of you REALY looked at the Maxus? It's an oversized 4 person spa. Four jets in the foot dome are completly unusable. If they are counting the "seats" between the "aqua terraces" (hey marketing people, THEY'RE WATERFALLS!  ::)  ) Who's going to sit there? Or the one between the lounger and the oposite side, again, not even a usable seat. AND the filter housing takes up one whole side eliminating an area where there could be two seats. Hey, I'm not knocking the product, but man 11K + for a four person spa....Get the Optima!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

J._McD

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 09:47:28 am »
For those who want power and have the money, the maxxus is a 4 sitting position spa that might be consider awesome but, you will never put more than 4 people in it. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 09:47:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42