What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new optima lights  (Read 3268 times)

j_lub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
new optima lights
« on: July 16, 2005, 10:06:17 pm »
I have new Sundance Optima.  Nice tub so far except the lights seems to be a problem.  Service has been out 2x and fixed the lights and they seem to work for a few days then nothing.  Am I doing somthing wrong?  Last night they did not work then as I was leaving I hit one of the buttons on the aux panel and they came on.  Now I can't figure out what I did

Hot Tub Forum

new optima lights
« on: July 16, 2005, 10:06:17 pm »

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Re: new optima lights
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 08:07:27 am »
So what is the tech saying after he claims they are "fixed"?

I assume you know that the lights turn themselves off at a predetermined time, and that they can be manually turned on/off (one way or another) at both panels?

Maybe it's time to make a call to Sundance.

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 04:37:16 pm »
I have new Sundance Optima.  Nice tub so far except the lights seems to be a problem.  Service has been out 2x and fixed the lights and they seem to work for a few days then nothing.  Am I doing somthing wrong?  Last night they did not work then as I was leaving I hit one of the buttons on the aux panel and they came on.  Now I can't figure out what I did

Let's not be too hasty while we are getting acquainted with all of the nuances of the controls and the operations.  The light button is of course on the main panel and the front light is also turned off and on at the auxillary panel on the side, along with the dimmer and the color change button.

What was happening before the service tech came out and did he have a positive influence on the symptoms. ???

j_lub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 08:52:49 pm »
1st time the waterfall light stayed on and we could not operate the footwell light.  Service tech fixed the problem and light worked for maybe  1 week.  Then last week we could not operate lights.  Service tech again came out fixed problem and lights worked for a few days.  Now lights do not work again.  I did get them to work by pushing some button on the aux panel but can not dupicate what I did                                                             Dealer has been very responsive but I wonder if they have repaired the 05 model.  I hear there are some differences in the pumps and wiring.   Other than this problem love the tub..I spent much time deciding between the HS Vanguard and Sundance Optima.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 05:02:29 pm »
We had a problem with a Maxxus light and found that the wiring connections were not very good.  The wires are crimped together with a plastic piece.  

The problem with the one we had problems with was a bad/intermittent connection.  We replaced the connectors and we haven't had an issue with them again.  

It is a very tricky problem to find because it is intermittent and we have not had a lot of experience with the 05 light system yet.  

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 02:04:47 pm »
we have 05 maxxus and also had problems with lights not working all the time. dealer came out and had to crimp wires; they did not good contact. worked ok for a short while and stopped working. dealer then replaced light control module. worked great for 2-3 days and again stopped. dealer called sundance technical and was told some tubs were shipped with an inline automotive type fuse that was undersized and therefore constantly blowing. dealer will be out today to change out fuse and test . will keep everyone posted with any new updates.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 02:04:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42