What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dennis pics posted  (Read 2254 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Dennis pics posted
« on: July 18, 2005, 08:18:23 pm »
Hey gang,
Check out these pics taken by my neighbors.  My house has the hot tub on the deck (surprise, surprise).  And, yes, that would be me on the left in the first pic (thanks for the compliment, spahappy....I just wish the other photos were as flattering.)  The guy with the bag on his hand (he had healing fingers) and hat on is my neighbor and the woman is his wife.
It was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride all right...... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Dennis pics posted
« on: July 18, 2005, 08:18:23 pm »

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
Re: Dennis pics posted
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:31:39 pm »
WOW!!! I'm glad everyone is OK. I like how ya secured the cover thats a great idea.  How long before back to somewhat normal?  Great pics!

Gary

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 09:28:35 pm »
where is the water level normally ..... it looks like it is a great place when a hurricane is not around .... :D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:03:48 am »
WOW!!! I'm glad everyone is OK. I like how ya secured the cover thats a great idea.  How long before back to somewhat normal?  Great pics!

Gary

Gar-Gar,
I finished the last of the cleanup Saturday evening and now that the a/c is back, we are back to normal except for the big pile of trash at the road....crews are supposed to be by to pick that up soon, I hope.

I'm going to change that cover strapping a bit.  First, I'm going to orient the straps 180 degrees from what you see in the pictures so the straps will run across and perpendicular to the cover hinge.  Secondly, I'm going to replace the 3/4" 2 hole pipe straps I have screwed into the deck that the straps hook into with some sort of through bolted mechanism like maybe small bow eyes like used on a boat for pulling the boat onto the trailer.  Also, I've thought of putting 2 4x8 sheets of plywood on top of the cover (under the straps, of course) but I'm not sold on that idea yet.....I may not need it anyway since I've not got overhanging trees that may drop branches....but I would suggest it to anyone that does have lots of trees.

Mendocino said:
where is the water level normally ..... it looks like it is a great place when a hurricane is not around ....

Mendo, you can get an idea of the normal water level in some of these pics.  When I get my new digital, I'll try to take a few more.  It is a very nice place when the storms aren't around, indeed..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 09:12:25 am »
Yea thats a great idea I am surrounded by quite a few trees and we get some nasty winds here on the Cape especialy in the winter with the Noreasters that come howling through.

OH yea I bet your glad that A/C is on huh!

Also I have had the LSX runnin for almost 2 weeks now   ;D it's great  ;D

hhhmm I may look into some plexiglass for the cover also ..................the wheels are spinnin ........can ya smell the wood burnin ;)      

Thanks Windy I'm glad you and yours are fine!

Gary

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 09:12:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42