What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to fix flow switch?  (Read 16418 times)

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
How to fix flow switch?
« on: July 08, 2005, 07:40:55 am »
How to fix flow switch on a J 365?
Dealer not a option.

Hot Tub Forum

How to fix flow switch?
« on: July 08, 2005, 07:40:55 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: How to fix flow switch?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 07:42:57 am »
If it is anything like a Sundance, you just replace it.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:06:07 am »
You can calibrate, but most just replace.  Fairly inexpensive, shouldn't be more than $30 or 40.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:07:16 am »
Sorry, you said flow, not pressure.   Maybe a little more expensive and a hell of a lot harder to replace.  Good luck.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 10:17:33 am »
How to fix flow switch on a J 365?
Dealer not a option.

Isn't this highly unusual on a spa that's been in service for only 7 months that is fully covered by a warranty providing both parts and labor to correct or repair the problem.   :-/

What's up with this, "Dealer not an option".  You did your research, he took your money and now you have a problem.  This is what he is for, why is he not an option?  :-/???  have you burned your bridges there?

If you start messing with it, it may start costing you money if things get screwed up and this could even affect your warranty.

Frankly, I don't believe your problem is the flow switch,
what are your symptoms? ???

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 12:21:32 pm »
Try tapping in lightly with the handle of a screwdriver.  That trick freed up a little sediment that was causing my flow switch to stick.  Did the trick, and haven't had a problem since.
Brewman
Brewman

shabba34

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
Try tapping in lightly with the handle of a screwdriver.  That trick freed up a little sediment that was causing my flow switch to stick.  Did the trick, and haven't had a problem since.
Brewman

Ah, the old Fonzarelli technique. ;D

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 01:54:58 pm »
Isn't this highly unusual on a spa that's been in service for only 7 months that is fully covered by a warranty providing both parts and labor to correct or repair the problem.   :-/

What's up with this, "Dealer not an option".  You did your research, he took your money and now you have a problem.  This is what he is for, why is he not an option?  :-/???  have you burned your bridges there?

If you start messing with it, it may start costing you money if things get screwed up and this could even affect your warranty.

Frankly, I don't believe your problem is the flow switch,
what are your symptoms? ???

You do your homework!
My dealer never ordered my tub (6wks) after I paid in full until I call corporate. He delivered the tub, but it was raining and he left and never came back. I did the set up and all the electrial, connections/60A change/104 to 108 change/ozone. I truly believe I know more about the tub than he does, but I do wish I had a repair manual.
PS. I also did the foundation, ran the conduit and 60 A gfi
Symptions: FLO2 on display, nothing works. I took it apart to clean and now the pumps work but the display flashes FLO and "94"
Note: clean filters and water level.

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 03:15:24 pm »

You do your homework!
My dealer never ordered my tub (6wks) after I paid in full until I call corporate. He delivered the tub, but it was raining and he left and never came back. I did the set up and all the electrial, connections/60A change/104 to 108 change/ozone. I truly believe I know more about the tub than he does, but I do wish I had a repair manual.
PS. I also did the foundation, ran the conduit and 60 A gfi
Symptions: FLO2 on display, nothing works. I took it apart to clean and now the pumps work but the display flashes FLO and "94"

Dealer relationships are important, if that relationship does not exist, contact corporate and have them send you a new flo switch directly IF they will.  You may have to justify this request.  Do not tell them you took it apart, that was a bad move.  It is a "sail" switch that the motion of water closes and makes a magnetic contact.  As you have taken it out you can see that rotating it as you screw it in or out CAN catch the thin metal "sail" and twist it rendering it no good.

WHEN it does NOT close you will get a "flashing flo" the 94 should be the temperature of the water.  A "solid" flo will disable the system and NOTHING will operate that means the switch did not OPEN.  Tapping on it as suggested could possible remedy this situation, however we have passed that point.

Consumer technical manual does not exist.   :-/

Jacuzzi may have an alternate warranty provider, call customer service to explain your situation.  Your dealer SHOULD provide this service, apparently this relationship has been voided. :-X

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 05:52:42 pm »
Ah, the old Fonzarelli technique. ;D

Heeyyyyyyyy,

What can I say, it worked.  But I can't seem to snap my fingers in public and draw beautiful women, or turn on juke boxes.

Brewman
aka- the Fonz.
Brewman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 05:57:04 pm »

(Snotty comments that make people not want to help you deleted)

That phenomenon occasionally happens with my Optima when I drain the water and refill.  As J.-McD said, the number is the water temperature, and the FLO means that the water flow isn't registering as satisfactory, which is most likely keeping your heater from coming on.  Try priming the pump that's giving you the FLO/94 reading.  
Brewman
Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 07:47:38 pm »

That phenomenon occasionally happens with my Optima when I drain the water and refill.  As J.-McD said, the number is the water temperature, and the FLO means that the water flow isn't registering as satisfactory, which is most likely keeping your heater from coming on.  Try priming the pump that's giving you the FLO/94 reading.  
Brewman

FYI for future reference, when you changed the water the pump may have drained empty and when you filled it you created an AIR LOCK in the pump that did not move water.  Simply prime the pump, (secret, turn the power off and open the cap of the diverter to release the air)  Or, when you filter gets dirty, suction diminishes and does not move enough water to close the flo switch.  This is the most common problem, dirty filter=insufficinet flo=flo message=heater disabled.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 07:49:03 pm by J._McD »

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 08:12:04 am »
FLO2 is different.  On a Sundance, it means that the tub has detected a stuck closed flow switch.  It has nothing to do with priming the pump or a filter getting clogged.  

When the spa is under warranty, the flow switch should just be replaced.  I have seen too many times that tapping it fixes it for about a week to a month, but the problem comes back.  

It is an easy thing to replace.  If it IS under warranty, and the dealer will not fix it, see if you could get the part for free and do it yourself.  

If you need any help doing it, feel free to message me.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 09:03:11 am »
He corrected the FLO2 error by replacing the switch, as it says in the thread.  He then got the FLO error, which often does involve the pump not being primed.
Brewman
Brewman

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:36 am »
"Symptions: FLO2 on display, nothing works. I took it apart to clean and now the pumps work but the display flashes FLO and "94"
Note: clean filters and water level. "

I read that as he took it apart and put the old switch back in.  The switch may have been put in backwards.  Or, as mentioned, there may now be an airlock.  If it wasn't replaced, I would have it replaced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42