What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)  (Read 30673 times)

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
Re: Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 12:52:14 am »
We chose the Envoy because it had 5 completely different seats and my wife likes the moto massage. The Cameo seemed to have only 3 different seats. and the tri x filters are great as a bonus.

Jets is jets. You can tell which ones you like by sitting in front of them.  It is odd to hear the original postersay something like...

"He sold us on the whirlpool".

If you like it, like it because you like it, not because someone has made an argument for you to like it! 8)  Unless your salesguy will be in the tub with you!  Same for the moto-massage, fluid-x, vortex, and nimbus-2000 jets.
;D

The filter comparison is hooey (yes, a technical term....). There have been lots of discussions about filters, multiple/redundant versus single/monolithic, ease and cost of maintenance, square footage, the good (and bad and.. mythical) of 1 micron filtering, etc... Both SD and HS filters will keep your tub clean. SD might cost more if you have the kind you need to replace 1-2 times a year, but only by about $30 or so. HS says their tri-x last for about 7-10 years.

I own a HS, a good friend owns a 2003 cameo.  We both love our tubs.

-Ed
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 12:57:34 am by ebirrane »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 12:52:14 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 01:01:05 am »
Yeah, what a joke that promotion is.  

No Free Stereo?

Sigh.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 01:08:58 am »
Buying a spa seems much more difficult than buying a car!  ::)

YES......Becasue its a large ticket item that most have no experience with and really do not what to look for...what represents a good or fair value ....it is the unfamiliarity that makes so tough ....

homer16

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 07:06:06 am »
MsGreek is that the Cameo 880 the price he gave you? The price on the spa at our store is 8,995 you think we can get him to come down?

msgreek

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 12:33:06 pm »
MsGreek is that the Cameo 880 the price he gave you? The price on the spa at our store is 8,995 you think we can get him to come down?

Hi Homer16
The price is for the SunDance Cameo 880 Series.  Now that I am reading his guaranteed price it is actually $5.00 less than what I originally posted last night - $7595.  The extras included with the spa are on my original post.
I'm assuming this is a good price ??

homer16

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 01:13:17 pm »
Msgreek I would say your price is a really good one. We are looking at 8,995.00 and that includes all the same stuff as your dealer has for your Cameo. We are going today to order the tub hope we can get him down alittle on the price. We did alot of spa shopping and the Sundance is the best we have seen so far.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 01:23:33 pm »

Hi Homer16
The price is for the SunDance Cameo 880 Series.  Now that I am reading his guaranteed price it is actually $5.00 less than what I originally posted last night - $7595.  The extras included with the spa are on my original post.
I'm assuming this is a good price ??

Now that you have your price, go back to the dealer and ask about the Free Steroe promoted on the manufactuers website.  I'd be very interested in hearing what they said.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 01:24:26 pm »

Now that you have your price, go back to the dealer and ask about the Free Steroe promoted on the manufactuers website.  I'd be very interested in hearing what they said.

That promotion ends today.

homer16

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 01:29:01 pm »
Thanks for the info about the stero we will try to get the stero if he will put it in the already quoted price.I know at this store they say on their web site they will guarantee their price if another store has the same product.

Chris_H

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 01:44:47 pm »
Thanks for the info about the stereo we will try to get the stereo if he will put it in the already quoted price. I know at this store they say on their web site they will guarantee their price if another store has the same product.

Don’t be surprised when he says no.  To honor the lower price, he will probably require you to have a quote sheet from another Sundance dealer to show you are not making the price up.  He probably won’t take the word of a poster on an online web forum.  

msgreek

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 01:46:43 pm »
Ok...new update on the Sundance vs. Jacuzzi saga.  I just found out the bottom of the Sundance DOES NOT have the ABS as does the Jacuzzi.  Should this be a major concern ???? ???
Additionally, according to the salesman with Sundance the Maxxus and Cameo's lounger is a bit to long for my 5'7" height but perfect for my son’s 6’2” frame….am I buying this for me or my son :o  Apparently the Altamar lounger is ideal for someone shorter than 5'8".
And lastly, the new Jacuzzi location I spoke to said they would fill the J-385 especially for me!  Wow, he deserves the 'salesman of the year' award  8)

Chris_H

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 01:49:56 pm »
I just found out the bottom of the Sundance DOES NOT have the ABS as does the Jacuzzi.  Should this be a major concern ???? ???

It should not have any bearing on your purchase at all.  Just note that the components in Sundance's 780 series are the same as the Jacuzzi 300 series.  The 880 series from Sundance has the upgraded components.

msgreek

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 01:59:41 pm »
Regarding pricing; I found out that most spa dealers will price-match another location.  I've always had the nap to bargin shop.  After getting within a price range I'm happy with I then throw in "how much of a discount for cash".  It always works  ;).  Jacuzzi is offering a $300.00 discount and Sundance only $200.00.  

Wow...another update.  Jacuzzi saleman just told me he would sell the 385 for $8695 PLUS a free stereo ! :o

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 01:59:49 pm »

Don’t be surprised when he says no.  To honor the lower price, he will probably require you to have a quote sheet from another Sundance dealer to show you are not making the price up.  He probably won’t take the word of a poster on an online web forum.  

Bu...but....but the Manufactuer says free steroe on all 800 series tubs... ::)

Lower quote sheet on exact tub: Dollars to donuts he's the only Sundace dealer around. You'd  probably have to find a dealer on the net that would be willing to fax you a quote sheet. But then again I'm a cyncial  one....
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 02:04:17 pm »
No Free ozone? ??? ;) ;D

Sundance is promoting free ozone too? ! ?

Why they're practically giving the store away! it's crazy!   :o

(This is no reflection on Sundance, but more on the stupid hype consumers have to wade through. ) 8)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 02:05:14 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 02:04:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42