What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa accessories?  (Read 5512 times)

frankeyboy

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Spa accessories?
« on: June 30, 2005, 11:30:49 am »
Now that our majesta has arrived, I am getting the urge to buy something again.  I have been thinking that I will spend a lot of time in the tub and a waterproof cordless phone might be nice to have.  Side tables for the spa and chairs, and a weather proof towel/robe rack are other things that I think I might want.  My questions for the experienced spa owners is this:  

What accessories did you buy that you really like, and can't live without now that you have them?  Thanks in advance.

Here is another photo looking out from the new spa.

Frankeyboy

Hot Tub Forum

Spa accessories?
« on: June 30, 2005, 11:30:49 am »

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
Re: Spa accessories?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 08:36:33 pm »
I think the last thing I would want is a phone, it seems like it would ruin the peacefulness & stress relief. I think a towel warmer would be a great addition.

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 09:06:57 pm »
Great question .......................................... ;D

fletch49

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:19:01 pm »
We bought a cedar wrap around bar with 3 stools. It's been a great summer addition to the spa.

For the fall months, I am either going with the Vermont Castings NG firepit, or one of the stainless steel patio heaters.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a firepit, and if they throw enough heat to justify the price?

SJK

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 09:37:07 pm »
I agree.....great question.  Right now my towels sit on a lawn chair.  There's got to be something better.

frankeyboy

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 11:00:15 pm »
We bought a cedar wrap around bar with 3 stools. It's been a great summer addition to the spa.

Fletch49,

Where did you get the wrap around bar?  Is it something that can be used with a cover lifter?  The lifter we have only extends a few inches down from the top of the cabinet.  Is it a custom bar made for your spa?  

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 11:42:41 pm »
I just thought of this issue myself.  I ordered a cedar bar for the tub.  I am going to have to modify it a bit to make it fit with the cover lifter. Not a big deal though.  I am just going to cut about six inches to a foot off of the bar to make it fit without interfering with the lifter.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 08:11:59 am »
You already seem to have the one accessory I would someday like to have, No neighbors for at least 100 yards.  It looks more like a 1/4 mile in this direction (.4km for some of you)  I'm envious.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 08:19:34 am »
http://www.rhtubs.com/store/grit-gitter.htm

This thing doesn't look like much but it does a great job removing sand or pine needles from my tub.

I paid 30 dollars befor I knew about this site. Great product.

Ivan

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 08:26:27 am »
I think the last thing I would want is a phone, it seems like it would ruin the peacefulness & stress relief. I think a towel warmer would be a great addition.

Many times true, but there are the times, I want to go relax, but I know an important call is coming.  Plus I'm an over protective husband and father and if I didn't at least check the caller ID, I would worry that my family needed me.  Even cordless phones are cheap these days, I just have a stand close to the tub.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

frankeyboy

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 10:27:19 am »
You already seem to have the one accessory I would someday like to have, No neighbors for at least 100 yards.  It looks more like a 1/4 mile in this direction (.4km for some of you)  I'm envious.

Unfortunately it doesn't look that good in the other directions.  Our neighbors are only about 40feet away to the left (but the cover mostly blocks their view), and our sunroom should block most of the view from the right (if I ever get it completed)

Frankeyboy

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 12:59:29 pm »

For the fall months, I am either going with the Vermont Castings NG firepit, or one of the stainless steel patio heaters.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a firepit, and if they throw enough heat to justify the price?

IMO the fire pit is more cosmetic than anything else. Only those in close proximity will feel any substantial heat. As for the stainless steel patio heaters, I first experienced these things on a ski trip to Whistler. While sitting on the patio drinking some excellent suds, they were turned on as the sun went down. In short, they were very effective at keeping the group warm on a cold night. I don't have a clue how much they would cost to run etc, but it was a nice touch that kept us all around a lot longer than we had anticipated! ;D

Just my thoughts

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

fletch49

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 07:57:39 am »

Fletch49,

Where did you get the wrap around bar?  Is it something that can be used with a cover lifter?  The lifter we have only extends a few inches down from the top of the cabinet.  Is it a custom bar made for your spa?  

I bought it from the Arctic Spa dealer. It was designed for an Arctic Spa, and I did have to cut a 3"X 6" piece out of one of the corners for the cover lifter.

Talk to your spa manufacturer, and see what they recommend. I highly recommend the bar & stools. It looks good, and it's fun to sit around and have drinks at the bar while people pop in and out of the tub on a hot summer day.

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 07:56:48 am »
BTT
;)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 10:31:37 am »
I was wondering how I was going to get the bar put on to my tub.  I am adding it to the side that the cover lifter is on and thought about cutting it about a foot.  
Are you able to take a picture and email it to me.  If you can I will send you my email.  

Is this Spazz, did you change your name????

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 10:31:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42