What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Oh no! Wrong color shipped!  (Read 3805 times)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Oh no! Wrong color shipped!
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:25:08 am »
I was supposed to have the spa delivered yesterday.  Instead I got a phone call from the dealer saying that the tub was not the color that I ordered so they would not be delivering it.  The dealer is checking to see if there is a mix up on the order or if my tub was shipped somewhere else.

If there was a mix up in the order, am I going to have to wait another 3 weeks to get the color that I ordered?  How are these situations usually handled?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 07:25:49 am by jnolan »

Hot Tub Forum

Oh no! Wrong color shipped!
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:25:08 am »

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
Re: Oh no! Wrong color shipped!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 07:36:04 am »
Oh no that really stinks....... :'(

How long have you already waited?

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 07:40:27 am »
Been 3 weeks since the original order was placed.  I kinda thought the dealer would ask if I would take this color but he didn't so I don't know how these situations are usually handled.  I really don't want to wait another 3 weeks.  I'm hoping it is just a shipping mix-up and it will be here in a few days.  I just have to wait to hear what is going on.  I should hear something today.

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:50:11 am »
See if you can live with the color they got in, and ask for a discount on it for "pain and suffering" ... lol .. Seriously though, they might do it, and it doesnt hurt to ask.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 09:56:58 am »
See if you can live with the color they got in, and ask for a discount on it for "pain and suffering" ... lol .. Seriously though, they might do it, and it doesnt hurt to ask.

I'm surrprised he didn't ask if you'd want the tub anyhow? Otherwise, there's additional shipping involved.  To be quite honest, I'd consider the differenct color if they made it worth my while.  Once the tub is filled,  the color (for me) is not that important. Hey, my first tub had a pink shell.

Yes, pink.

And I don't want to hear any funny remarks either   ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 09:57:32 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 09:58:08 am »
Since the dealer didn't offer, I brought it up.  I told him that I was open to the idea of an offer to take the color that was shipped.  He only said he would keep that in mind.  He seemed more interested in obtaining a "rush order date" from the manufacturer or seeing if my tub  had shipped somewhere else by mistake.  I can understand his reasoning for needing to find that out.  So that is why I was asking - what is the standard procedure for something like this?

The bad or maybe sad part of this is that I've practically held a whip to the deck guys to meet the deadline and bribed an electrician so that everything could be done by the delivery date. ::)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 11:01:55 am »
He only said he would keep that in mind.  He seemed more interested in obtaining a "rush order date" from the manufacturer or seeing if my tub  had shipped somewhere else by mistake.  

He also may be seeing what cand be done to get you a deal to keep the spa they sent. If it wasn't his fault then maybe he needs to see what the manufacturer is willing to do. What make/model?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 11:18:46 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 11:04:19 am »
2005 Sundance Cameo - color ordred and what is on the receipt that I have is platinum but the spa that shipped is silver.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 12:36:42 pm »
I just took a look at the SD site... those are sure two different colors, even though not drastically different,  so I'd think the two tubs were switched somewhere and they can get it back.  Else (someone didn't read the order when they poured the shell...), you are definitely in the running for some sort of credit for not getting what you want.

I doubt they want to keep/return a spa that doesn't have an immediate buyer, so... :)
--
Lee

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 12:49:50 pm »
Right, the colors aren't that much different so it is something that I would have considered.

However I did just heard from the dealer.  They have verified that they did order the correct color and are still waiting on a call back from Sundance to find out what happened.  

He said the reason that he didn't approach me about taking the spa they have is because not only is it the wrong color but there is no stereo.

Yes, I ordered the stereo but it wasn't the free one - darn it! ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 01:47:16 pm »
Yes, I ordered the stereo but it wasn't the free one - darn it! ;D

Trust me.  No one got a free stereo this month.  They just 'think' they recieved a free stereo.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 02:25:59 pm »
Yeah I realize it was just funny money but I couldn't pass up the chance to say it

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 02:25:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42