What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: REVIEWS  (Read 8122 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
REVIEWS
« on: June 23, 2005, 01:00:05 pm »
Since I can't respond to Forum Administrator's thread of the same name, I'd like to once again comment on the continued need for admins to review and cull some of the reviews.  Check out Jeff Hammond's Marquis Reward review and then check out losova's MasterSpas LS850 review.  Neither of these idiots, oops, I mean posters even own the tubs they are berating.  And the first idiot, I mean poster, isn't even reviewing a tub at all (and if Jeff Hammond thinks he can belittle my Bubba Stu without a good a$$ whipping, he's got another thing coming.)  wmccall has done a great job of reviewing and deleting questionable reviews in the past when alerted to their existence.  I guess I would like Forum Administrator to look at them a little closer especially if he's commenting to us about the Reviews section as noted.  (WSD steps down from soapbox hoping he's not banned for life........ 8))
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

REVIEWS
« on: June 23, 2005, 01:00:05 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: REVIEWS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 01:04:35 pm »
Can I  borrow that soap box, my stairs aren't done yet! lol

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 01:20:02 pm »
I frequently forget to look there.  PM me when you see those.

Your right, those two were badly out of line.  I rarely check those reviews. I can't keep up with all the childishness here lately!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 01:29:53 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:31:42 pm »
I forget to look there also. I saw the review of Marquis but didn't find one of Master by anyone named Losovo (just a negative one from a guy named James but he owned the spa). I gotta look there more often. That sure is a good tool that seems to be overlooked in general.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 01:35:49 pm »
I forget to look there also. I saw the review of Marquis but didn't find one of Master by anyone named Losovo (just a negative one from a guy named James but he owned the spa). I gotta look there more often. That sure is a good tool that seems to be overlooked in general.

I probably deleted it just before you got there.  This caused me to stop and look at my own review.  Back when I was just one of you little people  ;) I found you can't edit existing reviews.  I gave the usual new owner happy with everything review. Then added another at 7 months, a year, and two years.  Now that I have god like editing power I think I'll consolidate that into one. I don't want Dino accusing me of pumping up the rating  ;) TOTALLY KIDDING DINO!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 09:09:23 pm »
I can't believe how far some poeple will go to have their way. Earlier today I deleted dozens of mesages from the reviews that weren't reviews but rebuttals.  That person chose to replace those reviews with bogus reviews using fake names and email addresses for the sole purpose of inflating the average rating of that spa. Without forming an opinion on that spa, I consider this a totally inappropriate action and severely in violation of the user agreement. I banned that user name and the range of IP addresses that I am assuming are his place of employment.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 09:16:11 pm »
I can't believe the sheer number of bogus reviews I have had to delete tonight. If I missed any let me know.

Bill

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 10:04:31 pm »
Thanks very much to both of you.  Administering this board is a full time job and I know that it wouldn't be the same without your attention.  I appreciate the hard work you do so that we all can continue to enjoy this atmosphere.

(Gary, hand me another wipe....... 8))

All kidding aside, thank you.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 06:08:06 pm »
I If I missed any let me know.

Bill

The only review I have issue with is not really bogus. There are 3 reviews for a certain brand which will remain nameless. Of the three reviews two are not so great while one is so far the opposite that its glowing. The issue is that glowing review is by someone who sells that product yet the average reader has no way of knowing this. It would be like Chas reviewing Hot Springs and saying how great the spa in his yard was without disclosing that he sold them or Stuart doing the same for Marquis. I'm not trying to necessarily crack on that spa manufacturer or the poster as he's a decent guy but it would be nice if there was a little more disclosure on such a review. I'm not sure how you could control this but I gotta say that review is lacking a piece of info.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 09:20:58 pm »
Thanks very much to both of you.  Administering this board is a full time job and I know that it wouldn't be the same without your attention.  I appreciate the hard work you do so that we all can continue to enjoy this atmosphere.

(Gary, hand me another wipe....... 8))

All kidding aside, thank you.

Great job WSD I forget to go there also
WHEW you are  right about bein a mod here

Wipes are in-coming ;)

still waitin :( :( :(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 09:21:41 pm by Gary1911 »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 10:09:39 am »
I think thier should something in the review section that asks if your a spa industry professional thereby atleast asking everyone to be honest

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
I know I started this by complaining ...
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 10:21:46 am »
I know I started this by complaining about a certain poster and I am sorry if it has generated so much work for you.

But you have been real gentlemen (women?) about it and I thank you for your efforts.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 12:19:03 pm »
And now your calling me a woman?  ;D

No problem, it had to be done, it was totally wrong and could give the board a bad reputation.

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 12:22:12 pm »
Nope not you William - just not sure of the gender of the androgenously named ht-mod.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 02:00:06 pm »
Nope not you William - just not sure of the gender of the androgenously named ht-mod.

Ok, I see, that was me too, I try not to post using that ID, but brain damage occasionally causes me  to..... (I Forget what I was going to say)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 02:00:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42