What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas  (Read 7513 times)

coopie

Thermospas
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:03:56 pm »
Hi everyone. I am new....so please don't laugh....but why don't I hear anyone talking about Thermospas?

I just received their promotional DVD and have a rep coming to my home tomorrow for a site visit.

Should I cancel????? :o

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospas
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:03:56 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Thermospas
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:44:05 pm »
Do you have time to move before then?

Yes...cancel. I think you'll find their tactics very high pressure and quite often rude. Ask them if you can wet test a spa prior to purchasing as that is highly recommended before buying.

There's countless other reason to not buy a spa this way and I haven't even touched on the quality (or lack thereof) of the product itself.

There's far better values out there with good dealer support. Don't loose sight of this critical aspect of purchasing a spa.

Steve

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:58:51 am »
Please advise us how it goes if you do have the sales visit. My experience is nearly 5 years old.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 09:19:31 am »
Site Visit?  So that's what they're calling it.  

If you do go thru with this, be prepared for a high pressure sales pitch.  
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 10:52:13 am »
High prices. High pressure sales tactics. Suspect Quality. Lack of service after the sale. Countless horror stories from customers. Hmmm, I'd either cancel or hide in the closet.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 07:46:50 am »
(BUMP) - So Coopie, what happened?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 11:16:08 am »
Maybe if Thermospa sales drones pulled up in a semi trailer with a big a** generator powering 6 of their spas so you could get in and see how they really work...  Of course they would have to work out a deal wth tupperware to design a press and burp lid so the water wouldnt splash out while they drove around.
Hey wait a minute, maybe I'm on to somehting here.....  ;D  
Measure once, cut twice.

JackStyles

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 05:28:57 pm »
 :-X Tellme it isn't so. I fell for the same crap from them not a week ago. They only need 1 1/2 hours, right?  Well after 3 hours and my kids screaming they were hungry and he made the PHONE call for an extra 600 off the price, I signed just to get him to leave. Next day called and cancelled the order, thanks goodness.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 09:26:39 pm »
I guess things haven't changed.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 09:51:48 pm »
(BUMP) - So Coopie, what happened?

Maybe the sales pitch is still going on - LOL!! ;D

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 10:04:09 pm »
Its like a Carsales person coming to your house.You will never get rid of them..Jt

autoplay

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 10:22:47 pm »
Why not just be rude...and tell em to get the F outta your house? Me personally,would have no problem,telling someone to leave. My wife on the other hand ;)

Back on topic...as Spa Tech mentioned,countless horror stories etc,and I believe there are a few articles relating to the company at www.ripoffreports.com.

In the very least,if you can't wet-test/drive it,why consider purchasing it?

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 12:05:24 am »
Ummm after 3 hours he wouldn't leave? I'd listen to the guy for about 45 minutes then if I wasn't interested I'd say...."Gee thanks for your time. I appreciate you stopping by. I have other things to do now however. I was going to clean my 9mm. Feel free to stay around although I usually like to clean my gun while it's loaded and while I'm drinking heavily." That's usually enough to get them out of your house in a hurry. The only problem is the tire tracks in the driveway!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 12:59:04 pm »
Thermospa yeah...I have a slight problem with thermospas sales tatics. Let me tell you all a little story....I visited there site or maybe it was on the tv I don't quite remember..but I had a salesman call me week before last, we don't have a thermospa salesperson in our area (I live in Wyoming) but, we can get support and service here? what the h*** is that all about, I can't LOOK at their tubs but only through a brocure. anyway, the gentleman from Thermospas had me on the phone for 1hour, trying to convience me that their spas were superior to all other spas and if I bought one directly through them and eliminate the middleman, no one would be doing a "on site interview" that I could save alot of money, now don't get me wrong I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but....and that last but is a huge one, I refuse to buy a product without looking directly at the product or doing a wet test at least (by the way if your all keeping score as to how many posts I've done I've just gotten off the phone with Hot Springs and Bullfrog and have arranged wet test of both hottubs) so, in my opinion (since I've rambled to much, darn pain meds will make you do that) I wouldn't buy a thermospa if it was the last option I had!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 01:55:26 pm »
Just because there is no retail establishment, doesn't mean that their isn't a "middle-man" (like that's supposed to be a bad thing).  The sales guy is the middleman.

Anyone know if Thermospa sales people are employees or independent contractors?
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 01:55:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42