What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bather loads  (Read 4533 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Bather loads
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:05:18 pm »
I'd like to know from everyone how many people use your spa on a regular basis.

Is it just you and your signifigant other for the most part?

Do you have kids and do they use it often?

If so, how many and do they have heavy bather loads such as sleep overs and friends over often that use it on a regular basis?

Do you entertain much in your spa? If so, how often.

Hot Tub Forum

Bather loads
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:05:18 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Bather loads
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:10:38 pm »
Mostly the wife and I, and quite often the two kids, ages 16 and 21.  Very rarely do the kids use the spa with their friends, though they are welcome to if they want.
I'd say we entertain friends every couple months, when we all use the spa.  But mostly just Mrs. B and I
Brewman
Brewman

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:10:57 pm »
Usually we wait 'til you go out of town and.......  

Sorry, I have myself,my wife and 3 kids.My wife and I usually sneak out about 10:30 each night missing 1 or 2 during the week.My kids, 6,9,13 leave it open all day and are in and out of it,their friends hang out in and out during the week now that school is out,talk about difficult to manage!
-SpaMan~

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 07:00:53 am »
Just me!  Hubby doesn't join me very often, but I enjoy the quiet time by myself.  I don't have any kids.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 08:36:10 am »
90% of the time its the 3 of us, Dad, Mom, and daughter. Occasionally she brings a friend. We have entertained 3 times in 2 years, had 6 people in it once.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 09:00:19 am »
we have had our maxxus 1 week today. our 3 year old daughter and her friends (ages 3-13) have used it everyday to play in and learning to swim. mostly without jets on. keep temp at 95-96. my wife and i then get to use it later at night. due to the heavy use i had to shock it after 4 days instead of waiting a full week. i suspect this trend will continue until school starts back up. the acceptance factor from my wife has increased significantly since seeing it is not just another toy for dad; i knew this would happen. however the size of the maxxus allows for this.  the tub is conveniently located on a portion of our 700 square deck my wife and i built last summer which wraps around our screened in porch; so using it is easy.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:21 am »
50% of the time it is just myself. I use the tub signiificantly more in the winter,  and on average that's about 3x week.

My wife will join me and use it about 1x a week

About 3X a month, I'll have guests over. Typically there's a total of 4-5 adults in the tub.

Not having kids, it is very rare to have children in my tub.

07 Caldera Geneva

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 09:57:06 am »
I'm waiting for my new Sundance Cameo, but in our last spa it was just me!!!  My husband only used it about 3 times in the first couple months we had it, and then never used it again.

The only others that have ever been in it were my niece's two young children - twice when they were visiting, the kids went in to swim!!!

Can't wait for the Cameo to arrive!!!!

Susan

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 10:08:13 am »
Let's see now...

MOST of the time, it's me at night on the week days, generally for 30 minutes a night.

Fridays and weekends, however, are a different story. Summer too.

On Friday afternoon, I usually have an "afterwork" get together of adults and some kids. We do the pool and hottub. Usually 4 to 6 adults, up to 2 teenagers and 4 kids.

Because I have alot of friends with kids, birthday parties (especially during the winter and spring) are a regular occurance. Most of my friends have 4 (yeah, 4!) kids, meaning every party is well attended. For some reason, all the kids want parties at my house. Almost every other week during the winter and spring, I have one of these house parties. My "usual load" is 14 adults and 16 kids, only 2 of which are older than 12.

Needless to say, we take "shifts" in the tub. Kids usually go first (I usually do "girl" and "boy" time because the girls are all 8 to 12 while the boys are all 3 to 6 -- this avoids problems) followed by the adults for "adult swim." This puts a time limit on the kids and when they get out (after about 1 hour at 104), they sack out in front of the TV and usually snooze. By the time the adults get out at midnight, most of the kids are sleeping.

I've found that when you make "hot tub entertaining" a regular part of your routine, people LIKE coming over. They also have no problem bringing stuff to share. Most of my regular friends keep swimware at my house, and I always buy a bunch of "leftover" stuff in September to November, usually for 70% or more off. In this fashion, anyone that wants to get in can.

I've also done business in my tub, including getting a contract with a client. It's amazing how hot water and corona beer seems to quickly work out issues.

Think about it this way. If your hot tub was a pool, would ONLY you and your spouse use it? What's the point of putting in a patio or deck and spending good $ on a tub unless you can share them? Yeah, sure, occassionally it's a pain and requires cleaning, etc., but, for the most part, it's REALLY fun!

Spahappy, just ask your son. I'll bet he KNOWS! As far as "responsibility" goes, wouldn't you rather have the teenagers wanting to hang at your house and be "cool" with you than out somewhere else? Set up a few tub rules -- they'll follow them...

;)

Drewski  
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 10:19:06 am »
i use it mostly evenings for 30-45 mins 6-7 days a week, plus a bonus slot on early sat. mornings bef  wife joins me 2-3 times per week (we have a 2 1/2 yr old an a 13 month old-we take the baby monitor out with us and keep it right on the shelf next to the tub)
the wife is in in 3-4 times a week during the day with various children, as we also have a 14 and 16 yr ol girls. little ones learning to swim, and teenagers help with that. my two teens dont use it as much as i thought they would, only 2-3 times a week, usually when they have freinds over, now that schools out. nothing like 5-6 high school girls chattering away....... ;D ;D
we like to entertain, just not a lot of time available, but its usually just 4 adults in the tub at a time,  when we have friends over. i started out doing chems each sat morning, and so far it seems to be working well.....
past 3 month mark now, just changed the water 3 weeks ago for the first time. unfortunately some good friends OBVIOUSLY need a new washing machine (or less soap inthe current one), as we had a suds factory going about 5 mins after they got in the tub for the first time. tub was really clean though.... ;D ;D
now we have a polite policy that when guests arrive we collect suits and run them thru a rinse cycle in the washer. its a front loader and only takes 14 minutes.
i do like the idea about picking up swimwear at the end of the seaon, have to do that this year....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:26:09 am by kent »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 10:30:34 am »
Usually it's my wife and I for 15-30 minutes late in the evening... probably once or twice a week we bring our 2 and 4 year olds in with us after work or weekends...  every couple of weeks we have a crowd but not too often.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 10:54:10 am »
Ok, I can't totally answer this one but I'm going to try here. I haven't got my tub yet but, here's how I think it will go!

I'll be in it 100% of the time alone lol no hubby said he'd try it with me probably the first night I don't know if he'll love it or hate it but, hey it was bought for my back, so I'm going to be the one that will be in it the most. I have a funny feeling, he will crawl in it and find it to be the best thing we've ever owned!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 03:36:24 pm »
Most of the time it is myself and my wife 4-6 times per week. 1-2 times per month our 17 year old daughter will join us. She has had 1 party with 7 teenagers in it since we have owned it (3 months). No guests yet but 2-3 times per year we will invite guests.

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 09:01:07 pm »
My son  (sam hunter) 4 1/2 years old & I go in about 5 days a week. We soak for 20 minutes then he gets to swim for about 10 minutes (no jets). My wife goes in about 3 times a week. I have an '05 maxxus, 2 months old still can't get enough tubbin'.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 09:01:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42