What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First timer going at at.....  (Read 6246 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: First timer going at at.....
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 05:34:46 pm »
health codes?The Marquis wasn't even safe to wet test?Whats this about? :o
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 05:34:46 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 05:49:00 pm »
I am going tonight to wet test the Jacuzzi...and Thursday I am going to try and wet test the Tiger River if they will let me.

I'd call ahead if I were you to be sure its ready, they don't have someone/something scheduled at the time you're showing up and its at the temp you want (a soak at 95º is not the ticket IMO, I'd try 101º), etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 07:17:42 pm »
newtubber;

it's too bad that you don't have a Coleman Dealer in your area, they are really nice tubs and with the name of Coleman you can't go wrong (sorry guys I'm just gushing over Coleman hold your eyes tightly closed now!) I was amazed cause when I first got ready to go to the Coleman dealer I had in mind I would probably buy a HS but, when I walked in there it was WOW!

I just love your posts Backpains! ;)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 08:06:25 pm »
Everyone loves my posts newtubber seems I've become the hit of the party.....the jester in the kings court....the...ohh never mind lol I aim to please!

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 12:16:18 am »
first wettest:

Jacuzzi J-365

Liked:  -the bench seating,  it fit my wife and I very well.
          -it was easy to use.
          -the jets seemed to be placed in good spots.
          -seemed to be well made.

Didn't Like: -Where the filters are, they take up a whole seat.
                 -getting to the filters seemed like it would be a hassle. Large cover.
                 -had to fight between the jets on the feet and a seat with good jets.

Over all it was nice but kind of boring.

I am able to sit in the Tiger River Thursday night.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:17:24 am by newtubber1 »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 07:09:31 am »
Sorry to you Marquis guys...just prefacing...

I wouldn't buy from the Marquis dealer, then.  I think a wet test is essential.  Yes, you can buy a tub without wet testing, I almost did, before visiting this website, but to really know what tub is right for you and your family, you have to sit in it wet!

The reason I say that, I floated in the Jacuzzi model I tested.  Other than the dealer closed his doors within a week of my wet test (Almost 2 years ago this coming week, he closed his doors for 4th of July weekend and never opened them again.), the price was good and I liked the tubs.  I would have tried another model (without a lounge) to see if another better fit me.

I would like to say, Marquis tubs are great, too.  Or so I have heard, a lot of people seem to buy them.  I didn't know I had Marquis available at first, and when I asked the dealer about them (he was also a Sundance dealer) he told me they had just taken on the line and he wasn't sure about them.  Last I heard, he no longer sells Marquis, he still sells Sundance.  Anyway, just letting you know, I am not down on the manufacturer, just the dealer!  I can't imagine if any dealer told me I couldn't wet test due to health reasons?  Just doesn't make sense, but all of my dealers were surprised I wanted to wet test, but were happy to oblige!

Sorry for the book!!  Got carried away!   ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 07:46:58 am »
Thanks for the tip - but the phone number in the yellow pages for the Coleman store is no longer in service.  I will check the Coleman web sight for a store near me.

So where do you call home?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 10:47:36 am »
So where do you call home?
From a pay phone?

Sorry.

About the 'health code issues' - I have run into this from time to time when we travel and shop competitive dealers. I have been told that if the local county inspector gets the idea that a spa store is allowing lots of people into a spa, they will come in and demand that the spa meet the requirements of a 'public spa' or 'commercial spa.'  Opened our first store in 1986, never had it happen to me or any of the many dealers I have talked to.

Just for info: Most portable spas do not meet those stringent requirements, nor would you WANT them to. They would have to have: fixed handrails (you can't put an insulated cover on with the type of rails they want), depth markings, NSF-approved filtration, chlorine injection, flat deck level with the top lip of the spa at least four feet wide, equal spacing on the steps all the way to the floor of the spa - and more.

So the dealer may just be using this as a stupid excuse to not have a spa full of water for you - and trying to make the other local dealers who do look bad.  Or he could have gotten busted for allowing public use of his demo spa - you decide which is most likely.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 03:26:10 pm »
Chas and Lori - thanks for the input.

Good point Chas about the wet test.

Testing the Tiger River tonight.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 03:26:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42