What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best online place for Chems, etc.  (Read 4207 times)

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
Best online place for Chems, etc.
« on: June 22, 2005, 06:59:23 am »
I just recieved an Email from Pools and Spas .com and was wondering what are some other places that you would /do buy from. .......Uh......... consumers only... to keep the kids from   throwing stuff at each other ok  

Thanks Gary

Hot Tub Forum

Best online place for Chems, etc.
« on: June 22, 2005, 06:59:23 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Best online place for Chems, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 08:37:11 am »
Don't forget to include shipping cost, some sites don't make it clear.  After two years of buying some from dealers, home improvement stores, and several online sources, I've come to be loyal to a brand more than a particular site.  And that has been influenced by talking about my chemical needs and getting good advice that makes sense to me. And of course I guess I'm actually loyal to the site of the giver of that advice.  I buy most stuff from his site especially if I need something else when I am ordering the products I like to make the shipping more worthwhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 08:46:59 am »
Don't forget to include shipping cost, some sites don't make it clear.  After two years of buying some from dealers, home improvement stores, and several online sources, I've come to be loyal to a brand more than a particular site.  And that has been influenced by talking about my chemical needs and getting good advice that makes sense to me. And of course I guess I'm actually loyal to the site of the giver of that advice.  I buy most stuff from his site especially if I need something else when I am ordering the products I like to make the shipping more worthwhile.

Where do you go?[If you think it wont start a war or IM me] I guess that will be the case for me also brand loyalty. I am not trying to avoid my dealer, I want to l spread the wealth ;) but they are about 45 mins to an  hour away.  So it will be easier to order some things on line. I do agree shipping can eat up any savings real fast.

Thanks Gary

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 09:50:36 am »
Doc's site is a great resource....and not only because he's such a great guy and wonderful resource on this board and his own board (as WSD carefully wipes brown substance from nose).  His service will make you a believer. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:29:46 am »
can I contribute to your paypal account WSD?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:39:14 am »
Doc's site is a great resource....and not only because he's such a great guy and wonderful resource on this board and his own board (as WSD carefully wipes brown substance from nose).  His service will make you a believer. 8)

Thanks Windy, I'll send ya some baby wipes they work wonders ;) ;) I have checked his site and will check into it further.    Thanks Gary

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 10:39:53 am »
can I contribute to your paypal account WSD?

;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 11:18:44 am »

Thanks Windy, I'll send ya some baby wipes they work wonders ;) ;) I have checked his site and will check into it further.    Thanks Gary

Yea, Windsurfer hit it, I have to try and maintain some objectiveness.  I've liked the SPA clear MPS that he sells, and if I need anything else at the time, I order it.  I do buy Dichlor from the local HS dealer who happens to have the best price and is available in a 5 pound container.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 11:29:18 am »

Yea, Windsurfer hit it, I have to try and maintain some objectiveness.  I've liked the SPA clear MPS that he sells, and if I need anything else at the time, I order it.  I do buy Dichlor from the local HS dealer who happens to have the best price and is available in a 5 pound container.

Thanks I understand :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 12:44:52 pm »
I buy from him, too!!!

Great service, quick shipments, and the cutes duckies anywhere!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 03:46:41 pm »
Ditto!!

newtubber1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:47 pm »
I just started looking at spas last weekend and I've been researching cost of supplies.  I found a sight called spa-doc.com and the prices are much lower than at the 3 stores I went to looking for spas.  Has anyone heard of  it?

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 05:27:01 pm »
This is sooooo easy people! rhtubs.com  ;D
-SpaMan~

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 05:30:40 pm »
This is sooooo easy people! rhtubs.com  ;D

Sorry I couldn't hold back! :-[
-SpaMan~

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 07:06:17 am »
Sorry I couldn't hold back! :-[

5 -- swats with a wet filter................and you will be fine ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 07:06:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42