What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS JETSETTER? Other recommendations?  (Read 4225 times)

themoc

HS JETSETTER? Other recommendations?
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:16:23 am »
My wife and I have been debating and researching hot tubs for the better part of 2 months. Planning my first "wet test" tonight at a HS dealer.

We have money to spend on this luxury item, but as many consumers have noted, it is difficult spending in the $8-$12K range for a tub. As we talked more about our purchase, we both came to the conclusion that we really don't need a 5-6 person hot tub, as we don't yet have children, and we don't really love the idea of sitting in the tub with other people. Not our kind of scene.

As such, we've been giving a lot of consideration to the HS Jetsetter tub. It comes with a lounger and moto-massage (important because I am 6"3"), and I am imagining retails for substantially less than bigger tubs.

I can't find anything on this tub on this board, and just wondering what people think about it specifically, and about "smaller" tubs in general.  The JS only has 19 jets, for example. Will that be an issue? Any other recommendations for a 2-3 person tub with lounger that is good quality?

Thanks!  

Hot Tub Forum

HS JETSETTER? Other recommendations?
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:16:23 am »

Chris_H

Re: HS JETSETTER? Other recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:33:06 am »
My personal opinion is the Jetsetter is the best 3-person hottub available.  One major advantage to the Jetsetter is the ability to run the spa on a 20 Amp service, which can save you some money on electrical set-up.  

I wouldn’t worry about the number of jets because it is the number of massages in the spa not the number of jets.  The Jetsetter holds 3 people and has three distinct massages.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:49:10 am by Chris_H »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:42:55 am »
I agree with Chris.

The Jetsetter is a small tub but still has a lot of features. Yes, the total jet count is low, but if you counted the two "Soothing Seven" as fourteen jets, and give the Moto Massage jet credit for a dozen or so, you'd be right up there with most other large tubs.  

I say that because those jets are rarely counted in the numbers game, but they do a great job and should be given more credit. But you'll see what I mean when you do the we test. Lots of variety in the adjustment of the jets as well: you can get many different types of massage from each seat by varying the diverter, the air from each jet, the nozzles in each jet, and multitude combinations thereof.

Another tub you may want to look at is the Accolade. This is an "EE" tub in the lineup, but I think it should have been given "HP" status. It has enough power that I'm constantly turning down the jets in mine. It is a four-person tub, very roomy for two. No Moto Massage, but tons of power in the jets it does have, and they designed it with the "Bella Fontanna" waterfall. Pretty hot.

Be aware that the Jetsetter is in the mid $5K range at most dealers. For a small pile of cash more, you can get the Accolade.

And don't overlook the Kuai from Caldera...Not nearly as much variety as the Jetsetter, but it's a nice small tub from a major player and offers Comfort, Performance and Style.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 11:03:34 am »
Themoc:

I myself wet tested both the Jetsetter by HS and the Kuai by Caldera both are very very excellent choices for tubs both in the moderate range (I can understand your hestitancy on buying a 8-10dollar tub). You might also want to consider Sundance capri or the metro both are 2-3 person tubs also. I'm getting ready for my installation of my Coleman 461 on Sunday and am very excited!

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 11:56:59 am »
I reached the same conclusion you did on tub size, and bought a Vita Joli.  Less water, less chems, less heating electricity.  Don't expect proportional decrease in price however, I could have bought a tub twice the size for a third more.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 12:36:57 pm »
Make sure you wet test both the 3 person and the larger tubs.  My husband and I are usually the only ones in the tub and we wouldn't have enjoyed the smaller tub nearly as much.  It's nice to easily move around to different therapy seats...  HS Vanguard was my choice - was afraid 1 pump on EE version wouldn't be enough - but we usually keep jets on low and find that's it more than enough...

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 02:04:54 pm »
I would also suggest looking at Marquis Spirit or D-1 Triad II.  Both are going to provide great performance.  Triad II might be high but good spa.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 02:49:52 pm »
I am sure the Jet Setter is a fine spa.....You might also want to consider the Spirit by Marquis ....It does run off a 15 amp 110 outlet or you can upgrade to 220 and also increase the pump size .....certianly worth a look when considering a spa of that size ...

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 07:01:47 pm »
themoc,

My wife and I have had our Jetsetter for 1 whole month now and look forward to tubbin every night. This is an awesome tub. I did alot of research prior to purchase and could not find anything comparable for the price $5095. We spend an hour a night in the tub and have not missed one soaking session to date. By the way you can operate all jets at once on this tub and the water maint. is very easy.

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 07:06:48 pm »
themoc,

One more thing, the marquis spirit in this area was about $600 more and all jets according to the salesman cannot be on at the same time. I upgraded to 220v but I don't believe it was a needed expense.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 07:14:29 pm »
CalSpas makes a similar model as well!
-SpaMan~

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 07:25:54 pm »
themoc,

One more thing, the marquis spirit in this area was about $600 more and all jets according to the salesman cannot be on at the same time. I upgraded to 220v but I don't believe it was a needed expense.

About the jets its a bit of misunderstanding ....All the seats do have jets that can operate all the time if you desire ....but when you want to focus on just the back and you are alone or just the feet ...You can direct up to 160 GPM of Hi Flow hydro therapy to those areas ....As a example the Jet setter has a total of 11 jets while the spirit has a total of 23 of which 14 are operable all at the same time with 9 being used for isolated therapy when wanted.....

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 07:34:32 pm »
mendocinoman,

Good point. The choice for us came down to the Jetsetter or the Spirit. The deal breaker on the spirit was the price difference, and the reputation of the local hotsprings dealer. The Spirit is for sure a top notch tub.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 09:30:14 pm »
They are both nice spas and if you thought better of one dealer you probably made the right choice for you......Enjoy..... :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 09:30:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42