What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Boy, Am I in Hot Water ...  (Read 4256 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Boy, Am I in Hot Water ...
« on: June 20, 2005, 10:37:32 pm »
... and LOVING it! ;D

Got my spa hooked up on Sat - did an initial disinfection through Sat night and did drain and refill Sun.

Well I went in last night with a temp of 93 F and it was great (in the water, a little chilly standing around). Tonight we went in with it at 103 F and WOW!

I can see how great hot tub ownership is going to be! I came out all relaxed and feeling great.

Now that I have the spa and actually using it - I see where all the questions come from - a little different than owning a pool. Foam, green tinted water, how much in chemicals to use and PH - I have all them going on at this time - LOL

My deck isn't 100% completed yet and I have to have my family walk on the decking that's not screwed down and parts of the deck are just joists but the perils are worth it.

One thing though for anyone who reads this and is thinking about not getting a lifter or some other "easy" removal device. Man it's a PITA to wrestle with that cover,  I can't wait for my lifter to be installed!

Hot Tub Forum

Boy, Am I in Hot Water ...
« on: June 20, 2005, 10:37:32 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Boy, Am I in Hot Water ...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 10:43:01 pm »
Lori would have written (If she hadn't been working late at her new job...)
May you always have hot bubbly water!  ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jet757f

• Sundance Palermo
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 12:11:54 am »
Do you have to do a drain and refill with a new spa??

Ken

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 01:01:46 am »
That was great.  I just spit out my drink onto my monitor.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:45:00 am »
Do you have to do a drain and refill with a new spa??

Ken

I guess the answer is no but with from what I've read about Hot Tub Follicuitus (sp?) and that the manufacturers use the same water over and over again and my tub was sitting around for a while before the actual fill - I wanted to be sure that my tub was 100% "bacteria free" for my family to use.

Hopefully I achieved that and can soak without any worries about what nasties were in the tub before we got in it! Now once we're in there ... well that's a different story! ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 06:46:34 am by Vinny »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:02:16 am »

Actually, I was in bed early, still at the old job, you know, the one where I am here at 5:30 am cst every day!  LOL!   ;)  Starting next Tuesday, I'll have standard 8-5 hours!   :P   :-* :-* :-*

Thanks Chas for stepping in and helping!  I may need that in the weeks ahead, especially training!

Vinny, here is your official...

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!  Enjoy Spatopia, you have been patient for a long time, may your frustrations and worries fade as quickly as the memories of that long and torturous wait for the tub!

Congratulations!  Enjoy!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 10:12:30 am »

I guess the answer is no but with from what I've read about Hot Tub Follicuitus (sp?) and that the manufacturers use the same water over and over again and my tub was sitting around for a while before the actual fill - I wanted to be sure that my tub was 100% "bacteria free" for my family to use.

Hopefully I achieved that and can soak without any worries about what nasties were in the tub before we got in it! Now once we're in there ... well that's a different story! ;D

Ok, how long did your tub wait around for you and where exactly was your tub? in your yard? why didn't the dealer hang onto it for you and why in the heck wasn't it wrapped!?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 03:35:37 pm »
Lori,

Thanks for the "official"  spatopia blessing!

Backpains,

I put a deposit on it in Oct 2004, dealer said she would hold the price for 6 months, for a Spring delivery. I was supposed to break ground on the deck late March - early April but my plans were late submitting them to the township.

I ordered the tub in April and started the deck in May. The dealer did hold my tub once they received it and I had to get the tub delivered before I could build the other half of the deck. I had the tub delivered on June 4th and it has been sitting there empty until this past Saturday while I built the framing, put decking down and had the electrical done. Although I'm not 100% finished with the decking I have enough boards down to get to the tub!

I don't know how long my dealer had it but it did arrived in it's official shrink wrap but as I believe all tubs are tested before shipping out (and the fact mine was leaking water as they tipped it) I knew there may be yucky water in it so I did a major disinfection of it on Sat. night to kill all the yuckies!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 03:35:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42