What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Before or After?  (Read 3510 times)

JJ

• Vita Nuage
Before or After?
« on: June 20, 2005, 08:03:08 pm »
I've had my Vita Joli 4 days now and lovin it.  My wife has been plagued with "restless leg" syndrome for 20 years, and she has slept like a baby the last 4 nights!  Nothing like a relaxing soak and a little conversation right before bed.

I have been throwing about a teaspoon (capful) of diclor in after every soak.  Also have Ozone and Nature 2. NO problems, crystal clear water.  But, I can foresee that waiting around to put chems in AFTER soaking is going to get a lot less pleasant in the winter. :o

Nature 2 website recommends MPS BEFORE soaking, and a diclor shock when required.  Does anybody do this?  I can see definate advantages when it gets colder!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Before or After?
« on: June 20, 2005, 08:03:08 pm »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Before or After?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:55:51 pm »
You might not need to add that much dichlor.  Might can get away with twice a week.  Keep MPS up though.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:44:22 am »
Yes, the MPS way works.  Northman uses it, he has posted his water care regimen on another site (if you would like it, I'll PM it to you).  It is under the FAQ's.  

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 07:02:47 am »
I've had my Vita Joli 4 days now and lovin it.  My wife has been plagued with "restless leg" syndrome for 20 years, and she has slept like a baby the last 4 nights!  Nothing like a relaxing soak and a little conversation right before bed.

We call it "Jimmy legs", mine has vanished as well.  I only had the tub for a few days and noticed the difference.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 09:14:52 am »
We call it "Jimmy legs", mine has vanished as well.

Me Too! Man -  I didn't realize that there were others!

It's nice to know that you're not a freak (kinda like when you feel a weird bump on your body somewhere that you didn't notice before and your get anxious until you find the same bump on the exact opposite side!)  :o

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 10:57:15 am »
I didn't realize MPS would sanitize, just oxidize.  So MPS before soak, nothing after, and DiChlor when shocking?

Also, if leg thing is cured, the tub will be worth twice what I paid for it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 10:58:46 am by JJ »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 11:01:55 am »
No ONE regimen will work for everyone. Water in one county will be drasticly different from the next. If northman regularly deals with high alkalinity, and your water two states away is more or less in line and you follow thos directions, then you will probably be screwiing your water up. Take your water to your dealer and have them test your source water. They can give you the correct reccommendations.

Yes, the MPS way works.  Northman uses it, he has posted his water care regimen on another site (if you would like it, I'll PM it to you).  It is under the FAQ's.  

Good luck!

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 12:05:05 pm »
kinda like when you feel a weird bump on your body somewhere that you didn't notice before and your get anxious until you find the same bump on the exact opposite side!  :o

Jc

Only if you're a woman, LOL
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 03:24:10 pm »

I have been throwing about a teaspoon (capful) of diclor in after every soak.  Also have Ozone and Nature 2. NO problems, crystal clear water.  But, I can foresee that waiting around to put chems in AFTER soaking is going to get a lot less pleasant in the winter. :o

Nature 2 website recommends MPS BEFORE soaking, and a diclor shock when required.  Does anybody do this?  I can see definate advantages when it gets colder!!!

I'm in the process of getting a system down.

My spa has an ozonator and I use a HS silver Ion cartridge (same as the Nature 2)

After reading the threads Lori pointed me to I think I'm going to stick with just Dichlor.  

I think using MPS is just increasing the steps and confusing. Dichlor is a sanitizer and an Oxidizer.

I called HS customer service for input and the lady said I could use both but I could not eliminate dichlor because MPS alone would not sanitize.

She said she uses dichlor 15-20 minutes before tubbing because she likes to get into clean water. Makes since to me...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 03:24:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42