What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: looking for a spa for my Squaw Valley home  (Read 2381 times)

admd67

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
looking for a spa for my Squaw Valley home
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:43:44 pm »
Any advice for which brand to buy for this heavy snow area.  I am looking for one build to last with great insulation (i.e. efficient), low maintenance with as few chemicals as possible to keep clean and great design.  I have been considering Marqui, Hot Springs and Sundance.  Any advice from current owners of these who also own them in snow country would be much appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

looking for a spa for my Squaw Valley home
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:43:44 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: looking for a spa for my Squaw Valley home
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 07:19:33 pm »
Any advice for which brand to buy for this heavy snow area.  I am looking for one build to last with great insulation (i.e. efficient), low maintenance with as few chemicals as possible to keep clean and great design.  I have been considering Marqui, Hot Springs and Sundance.  Any advice from current owners of these who also own them in snow country would be much appreciated.

Those are 3 very good choices that will do fine for you. I'd suggst you wet test before you buy to be sure all fit you well as sometimes the wet test will eliminate one as we all have different needs, heights, floating tendencies, etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 07:47:43 pm »
Hi, I'm the owner of a Marquis SA Reward and I live in MN.  I can tell you that I really love my tub.  The Marquis has the Spa frog that helps with ease of mtce.  I very rarely have problems with the water and when I do have slightly cloudy water, I know it's time to put in a new bromine cartridge.  I still do my regular PH & Alk testing and I add a little sanitizer each time we use the tub (add after use).  Weekly mtce includes shock and stain & scale.  I clean my filters monthly, I have two sets that I rotate.  I think between the frog system and the ozinator, things are kept simple.  

From what I've read here, I think any major brand will be good against cold and snow.  

Marquis has an excellent warrenty and I think it's one of the few that has a transferable warrenty.

Normally you would think "why would i want it transferrable" but since I bought my tub a year ago, Marquis has come out with the "Epic".  I really want that tub!  If I decide to sell my tub, I think a selling point would be that it still has all but 1 year left on it.  

Definately take the time to wet test.  Not only can you feel what each tub does, but it also gives you time to interact with the dealer to see if you are comfortable with doing business with them.

Good Luck
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 07:47:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42