What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello Dolly...  (Read 4128 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Hello Dolly...
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:48:45 pm »
Does anyone have any real good pictures of spa dollies used to deliver spas? I need something that's reasonably priced and functional. Let me know any suggestions and again, pictures would be more than helpful!

Thanks guys & gals!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Hello Dolly...
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:48:45 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hello Dolly...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 12:11:12 am »
I have used these for many years with great results.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 02:12:40 am »
That's some great help Chas. Any idea where I can get further details as to purchasing and cost?

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 09:16:08 am »
Oh yes - sorry, I should have put a link in there, shouldn't I ?

BTW the little vac is to run a large inflatable 'spa wedge' which allows a person to raise/lower a spa solo or whith one helper. It works great.

In fact the whole system works just as they say it does. I have had the whole system for a long time now, and I can't say enough good about it - and it has nothing to do with the fact that it was designed by a fellow HotSpring dealer: it just plain works.

Here's the link:

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:55:44 am »
Perfect! Thanks again for your help Chas.

Any of you other dealers have alternative methods of delivering spas other than what Chas has posted?

Feel free to e-mail them to me if you have any pics...thx

srussell@hydropoolhottubs.com

Steve

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 11:35:24 am »
Hey Steve,

My Jacuzzi was delivered by that trailer second from the bottom.  I've never seen anything so cool!  It was easy as pie for the delivery guys.  I kept offering to help, but quite honestly, the two of them didn't need me.

That thing would be worth every penny!!  It would save on your back problems too.

Mark

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 12:49:50 pm »
Same here.  Two people, who had several delivery's that day in addition to mine, used a rig like that to wheel my spa down to my backyard walkout- a pretty steep hill.  They handled things really well.  
Brewman
Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 04:07:27 pm »
I agree that many of those are very well thought out. However, most gates only allow the spa to go through standing upright and that's the main concern.

Steve

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 05:02:22 pm »
STEVE!

The answer is YES. I (you) can place the spa vertical... Your clearance limitations are only to the size of the spa itself + six inches to the vertical. I negotiate 48" gates easily with much room to spare- @ 36" its still possible with a 36" deep spa, but you better get the stick of butter out...

I spent $2,810.00 for mine new and added accesories later on. I think they retail for around $3,200.00 now with many accessories included.

It has been completely worth it. Since I bought mine in 2001, it has paid for itself many times over- not only in saved labor dividends, but it was actually a revenue generator- When I bought it, I didnt rent or retail spas... and used it mostly to service dealers that didnt have the capacity to deliver their own spas. (A quick example; One retailer sold and had me deliver all their tubs... In one year I netted $5,800.00 with this one retailer.)

If you have concerns that it wont do what they say it does- put your mind at ease. It does and then some.

I have traversed sod, pea gravel, and 6 inch deep mud without laying out a single piece of plywood...-though ramps are still nice now and again for negotiating steps, curbs...

I have moved a water saturated 1340 pound Cal Spa vertically on the Spa Kart.

I have traversed stairs (a six foot rise) with a medium sized (7'X7') spa strapped vertically to the Spa Kart. The trick is to invert the axles to give you greater ground clearance.

In one instance, I was loaded up by forklift with a spa that was already filled with water... By our calculations the trailer carried about 2,800 lbs- with no apparent damage by the practical joke gone wrong. (Our clue that things were awry was the springs on the truck had bottomed out...thats when we took a peek under the wrapping.)

Email me if you need more assurances...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:40:19 pm »
I appreciate it Spa Tech and I'm sold.

I'm having difficulty understanding how that cart (second from the bottom in Chas' post) can negociate through a gate? I see the other set of wheels going the opposite direction but I can't for the life of me figure out how that works?

Someone with a crayon...help me!

Anyone got a video of this? ;D

Steve

hottubbrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hello Dolly...SPA DOLLY
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 07:58:15 pm »
Have used the Spa Dolly many times and it works well.  Forget the spa bag.  Pain in the butt.  
Almar should build the trailer a little stronger axlewise.  Most spas are heavier than a HotSpring and ours 'stressed' the trailer.  Not to the damage point, but you noticed it on the road.  Also, 15" wheels would help the ride.
They rusted out in a year (just paint).  Just a comment.
Buy one and save time and delivery people.

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 10:36:39 am »

A picture is worth a thousand words... this photo along with the ones i sent to your email depict the Spa Kart, which comes off the trailer depicted second from the bottom in Chas' post.... The spa will sit vertical on the frame and will enter any gate as long as that gate is just slightly wider than the spa is deep.

And as for a video,.. Almar has produced a video showing how this all operates.. Im sure that theyd be glad to send you one...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 10:40:15 am by Spa_Tech »

zzaphod42

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 10:48:01 am »
I appreciate it Spa Tech and I'm sold.

I'm having difficulty understanding how that cart (second from the bottom in Chas' post) can negociate through a gate? I see the other set of wheels going the opposite direction but I can't for the life of me figure out how that works?

Someone with a crayon...help me!

Anyone got a video of this? ;D

Steve

I took a quick look at the webite, and it would seem that you use the "Spa Kart " when it is necessary to deliver the tub on it's side. I'm a salesman though, so what do I know? ;D

shabba34

Re: Hello Dolly...SPA DOLLY
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 12:25:17 pm »
Have used the Spa Dolly many times and it works well.  Forget the spa bag.  Pain in the butt.  
Almar should build the trailer a little stronger axlewise.  Most spas are heavier than a HotSpring and ours 'stressed' the trailer.  Not to the damage point, but you noticed it on the road.  Also, 15" wheels would help the ride.
They rusted out in a year (just paint).  Just a comment.
Buy one and save time and delivery people.

I question that most spas are heavier than a Hotspring:

Hotspring Grandee   500 gal = 1008 lbs
Sundance Optima     480 gal = 857 lbs
Marqui Epic               450 gal = 850 lbs
D1 Sareena Bay        500 gal = 1320lbs  WOW
Jacuzzi J385              550 gal = 1042lbs
Caldera Niagra          500 gal = 920lbs
Artesian Piper Glen   505 gal = 968lbs
Coleman 482             455 gal = 785lbs

Couldn't find weight specs on the Arctic (Shocker!)

???

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 02:57:45 pm »
I know there is a guy in Colorado who delivers all of his own spas and he is the world's greatest engineer(just ask him)....I bet he has some super duper cart thingy that meets all ANSI,OSHA, UL, ISO9001, FDA, FCC, EPA, PBS and ETL requirements...LOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 02:57:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42