What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Small spa deck built for unlevel slab  (Read 2365 times)

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Small spa deck built for unlevel slab
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:54:16 pm »
You may remember I posed a question a few days ago on what to do to compensate for a concrete slab that has 2 inches of lean to it for drainage.  Got some great suggestions...even some that suggested that the lean wasn't that much and probably wouldn't affect the performance of the spa.

I was happy to hear that and suggested to hubby that we just place the spa right on the slab.  Well...I think he wanted a weekend project to do no matter what was suggested.  Even though he has many honey do projects!   After discussing with the dealer, he decided to build the small deck he wanted all along.  It was built with marine grade plywood and pressure treated 4x4.  He cut them down to 3 inches on one end to one inch on the other.  

Turned out pretty good and it was made to just fit under the bottom of the spa with very little overhang.  And that sucker is level.

Got our final estimate from our electrician...not too bad.

AND received a call that our spa is in the ware house waiting for us.

Went with the 240 or is it 220 with the 60 amp service.  Spa to be delivered next Monday,  Yipee!!! and electrican to show up same day.  If all goes well, we should be soaking sometime next week.

This whole experience has been the easiest and funest purchase we've ever made.  Much better than furiniture shopping. :) :)

Will keep you informed of how it goes and maybe I'll  figure out how to post some pictures.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 11:55:42 pm by tstiffler »

Hot Tub Forum

Small spa deck built for unlevel slab
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:54:16 pm »

tkruel

• Master LSX
Re: Small spa deck built for unlevel slab
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 01:33:05 pm »
   Good luckhow the leveling deck works out for you.  I was contemplating doing the samething to mine which is about 1 1/2 over 8' ....how thick of plywood & how far apart did he space the 4 X 4's?  Good luck

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Small spa deck built for unlevel slab
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 01:33:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42