What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring question  (Read 1690 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Hot Spring question
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:00:53 am »
This is actually a spin off of a thread by GMAN (http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1118014580) but I thought I'd ask anyway...

We just came back from a week at the beach and our beach house had a 2004 Hot Spring Prodigy.  Because this is a rental house they dump and fill the tub each week.  Could this continual weekly water change damage the heater in any way?  This is a relatively small spa (325 gallons) and it took about 18 hours for it to heat up from the fill temp of probably around 60 degrees.  From 60 degrees our Optima will get up to around 100 in about 7 hours.

Also, what's the deal with the control panel not displaying the 'actual' temp as GMAN questioned in his thread?  Is this common for control panels to only show the 'set' temp?  I know ours shows both and I was a bit surprised that the Hot Spring panel didn't.

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring question
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:00:53 am »

Chris_H

Re: Hot Spring question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:37:59 am »
“Could this continual weekly water change damage the heater in any way?”
No, I cannot really see how it could affect the heater, as long as, they are adding the appropriate amount of balancing chemicals (calcium, alkalinity, ph) each time they drain and refill the spa.  If they do not add the balancing chemicals, it will affect the heater.

“This is a relatively small spa (325 gallons) and it took about 18 hours for it to heat up from the fill temp of probably around 60 degrees.”

The spa is probably running 110V.  It takes some time to heat up using 110V.

”Also, what's the deal with the control panel not displaying the 'actual' temp as GMAN questioned in his thread?  Is this common for control panels to only show the 'set' temp?”

Hotspring is just different.  Most manufacturers show both the set temp and the current temp.  I don’t think it really matters.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Spring question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:37:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42