What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bahia Only 1 pump working  (Read 2597 times)

Michigander

Bahia Only 1 pump working
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:58:25 pm »
The joys of owning a new tub.  So the electrician would not come and install the necessary power in the thunderstorm, but the Bahia came none-the-less.

So now that I have electricity to the tub.

Pump 1 works.
Ozone works.
Lights work.
Heater works.

Hello pump 2 are you there pump 2?

Any ideas or suggestions?
I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, but there must be something I can try.  I hit ctr-alt-delete three or four times (reset the circuit breaker).  I even took the panel off a couple of times.  If only I had a clue as to what I was looking at or for.

The installers set the tub up for 60 Amp service by moving the jumpers.  What in the world do the jumpers look like?  I thought maybe they took off the jumper for 2 pump operation, but what do I know.  The pump does not act like it even wants to start.  There are no error messages on the readout.

Help please.

Hot Tub Forum

Bahia Only 1 pump working
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:58:25 pm »

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Bahia Only 1 pump working
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 12:35:37 am »
Pump 2 may be working, just not moving any water.  Do you hear it come on?   It may be that you have an air lock, which is not uncommon upon refill.  Loosen union on pump 2 and listen for air (do this with power off), when you hear no more air, tighten union, power up and enjoy!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 07:51:11 am »
Probably not related to the jumper.  I'd not mess with those If I was you.  Get your dealer out there.  
Let us know what he finds out.  
Brewman
Brewman

Michigander

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 10:35:50 am »
I tried a little "bleeder" valve on the pump.  I tried to move the unions but was unable to and I did no want to break out the big pipe wrench on those plastic fittings.  But there is a little bleeder type valve where water promptly exited upon turning.  The pump just is not making any noise.  If it were an air lock, would I hear the pump working (with the cover off)?

Service department will have to set up some day, some time to come out and take a look, but they are "very backed up" at this time.  I can only imagine if the pump is bad how long it will take to order a new one.

How frustrating is this!  New tube doesn't work service is too busy to fix it.

But hey I got a great price!

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 11:29:30 am »
Ya, you would hear the pump running if there were an air lock.  Given the fact that water came out immediately when you removed the bleeder valve on the pump, I doubt that you have an air lock.  You might want to check whether the internal power cable from pump 2 is plugged into the control pack.  It should be labelled clearly on the side of the pack.  Alternatively it could be that the topside control hasn't been programmed to run a second pump.  Unlikely, but possible.

Good luck with this!

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 11:41:54 pm »
Your dealer should have someone out there ahead of pending service.  He just took your money and it's not working.  What's he waiting for?  Probably something simply, or overlooked.  Too bad you have to wait to get everything working on the first start up. :-/

Have they tried to walk through different things with you?  They will problaly find the problem in two minutes, to bad they can't take 30 minutes to come look.  Hope it dosen't take a week for them to show up.

It is as if P2 is not getting electric.  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:28:42 am by J._McD »

Michigander

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 10:32:26 pm »
So here is the outcome.

The service guy came out today and "fixed the tub".  When the tub was installed, the installers removed all the jumpers including the one for 2 pump operation.  So it was a 30 second fix for a 1 week wait.  I am a bit disappointed, but glad it was not something big.

So of course I have to check it out when I get home.  The service guy was also supposed to install the cover lifter, because the original installers did not have all of the pieces.

So in balance.

Hot tub both pumps work now.

Ozone didn't work.  A reboot of the hottub fixed the problem. (turned off circuit breaker and turned it back on). Still seems like they would have made sure everything was working before they left.

Cover lifter still missing parts (3 weeks for them to come out and install them or they will mail them to me to install myself).  

So I ask myself, would I recommend this dealer to someone else?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 10:32:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42