What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Type of moto in new 05 Grandee  (Read 2952 times)

Circlt

• Money can make you powerful, Wisdom makes you Rich
Type of moto in new 05 Grandee
« on: May 29, 2005, 12:47:26 pm »
Can any of you Grandee or HS folks tell me:

Does the 05 Grandee come with the DX motos or are they still the same singular motos?  I know some other HS 05 models come with DX but it looks like Grandee still will have the old ones and then I would need to consider buying the alternative faceplates for Grandee's TWO motos.  I love the DX rather than shifting around.

How much additional clearance (in inches) do you need for the cover to open and sit on the side of the spa? We have a tight squeeze and I need to understand how much room I need beyond the dimensions of the spa itself.

Loved the wet tests yesterday, Maaxus, Vista and Grandee.  We got a really good quote on the 05 Grandee but wet-tested the 04 model which has the singular Moto style jets, and I didn't think to ask the dealer about that since the 05 Vista we wet-tested had the DX.

Thanks for all your help.  We are going with HS for several reasons, most of which have to do with filtration, seating style and price.  Great experiences though with both SD and HS dealers, really great.

Hot Tub Forum

Type of moto in new 05 Grandee
« on: May 29, 2005, 12:47:26 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Type of moto in new 05 Grandee
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 12:31:42 am »
The Grandee has the classic Moto's.  I bet they will change in a year or so but that's just my opinion. Chas will probably offer more wisdom. ;D
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:48:36 am »
Does the 05 Grandee come with the DX motos or are they still the same singular motos?
Singles.
I know some other HS 05 models come with DX but it looks like Grandee still will have the old ones and then I would need to consider buying the alternative faceplates for Grandee's TWO motos.
Might make a nice inclusion, or a two-for-one add-on.
How much additional clearance (in inches) do you need for the cover to open and sit on the side of the spa?
Cover Cradle takes up 24 inches while it swings up or down. It only takes up about 12 inches when closed, and it stops about a foot off the ground. The Cover Upright only adds 7 inches - with the cover standing upright at attention like the lid of a pizza box.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Circlt

• Money can make you powerful, Wisdom makes you Rich
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:40:03 am »
Thanks Chas!

How much are the face plates (ballpark) and are they a DIY item?  (Are they easy to take on and off?)  Or are they more of a permanent decision?

Also thank you for those dimensions on the cover, so glad I asked.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:53:08 pm »
Faceplates shouldn't be over $40 each, and they are an easy DIY item: remove three snap-in trim caps,  three stainless-steel screws, and there ya go. Tub can be full of water, as long as you'r not using an electric screw gun...

With the Grandee having two Moto Massage Jets, I would suggest you start with one Hydro Pulse Plate and one regular and see how you like it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:53:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42