What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Niagra Delivery Time  (Read 2497 times)

chotton

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera Niagra Delivery Time
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:46:44 am »
Just wondering how long it took for your Caldera Spa to come. Dealer told me 4-6 weeks.

Thanks...also great forum, I have learned a ton of great advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Niagra Delivery Time
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:46:44 am »

Sunny

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Caldera Niagra Delivery Time
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 10:25:08 am »
My dealer also told me 4-6 weeks.  (Is that the standard line?)  He also kept saying don’t worry because he’ll probably have it before I’m ready for it.   He was right.  Pouring the concrete, arranging for electrical & getting proper permits took longer than expected.

It actually took 5 weeks, & I’m finally getting delivery tomorrow!  I’m getting Coastal Grey & White Pearl.  Very excited & I hope all goes well.  I’m somewhat of a pessimist & it seems there are many possibilities for delays.  But I’m forging ahead & trying to downplay the upcoming “hot tub parties” my friends & relatives are already planning for me.

BTW, my seven-year-old DD had a playdate last week & the first thing her friend said when she arrived is “Where’s the hot tub?”  Apparently, my daughter is telling all her schoolmates about the parties she’s planning!!!

chotton

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 11:12:35 am »
Tell me about the party planners. We were at a wedding lastnight and all we heard was "is the hot tub in yet?"

We got the Silver with the grey cabinet.

If you dont mind me asking what you paid for yours? We paid $7995, which includes the usual, cover, cover lift, wooden stairs, delivery, set-up...ect.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 02:41:51 pm »
i know the feeling about the party planners. our older 2 are 14 and 16 (just last week).
we have had our niagra for 2 1/2 months now(also pd about $8k, steps, cover w/ lifter, extra jets, extra filter, 6 mponths chems etc..) and its been great.
wife and i use it at night for "adult swim", and for the first month or 2, i think our kids were in it as much if not more than we (the adults) were ;D ;D
i have one small recommendation for you though....
i changed out the 4 jets under the neck collar for the little spinners( called euro jets i think) makes for a better neck massage IMO. other than that we are having a blast with the new tub and i hope you do too...
here's hoping you stay in hot water for many moons....... ;D ::)
now if i could just get the gazebo up.......

chotton

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 03:26:10 pm »
I'm getting the Euro jets for the neck. Someone on here recommened it (may have been you) so I took the advice and ordered them.

Sunny

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 04:38:26 pm »
The Niagara was just delivered this afternoon!!!  Very nice.
The only problem so far is one of those chintzy plastic cover locks cracked.   The dealer said he would bring a replacement when he comes Thursday to give me the orientation.  Now I see why people have made critical comments about the locks, but they will serve the purpose of keeping out small kids.

I paid $8200 for the same package; I only got the generic “plastic” steps.  There was a 12-month no interest & no payments financing deal that we took advantage of.

Ditto on this great forum.  So much good info.  Thanks everone!

Next step:  electrical hook-up on Wednesday!

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 11:29:23 am »
if either of you got the gray cabinet,and you want more than the plastic steps, you may want to try what i am going to do. grey trex deck boards are very close in color to the grey cabinet. i wanted a place to sit also, as our tub is on the deck(not recessed at all), so i am going to add benches on 2 sides, maybe 3, and since you can use a router on the trex material i am going to make a radius that matches the curve of the cabinet. still toying with the idea of adding planter boxes at each end.....
its pretty basic construction, and the 2 sided version is going to cost less than $75.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 01:25:42 pm by kent »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 11:29:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42