What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm getting even closer to Spatopia ...  (Read 4958 times)

Cola

• Time for bed kids
Re: I'm getting even closer to Spatopia ...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 07:48:08 am »
Hi Vinny,
I wasn't trying to set you up.
I should have stated my background up front.

I do have a Q regarding Spa Frog & Nature 2 type systems.
I'll start a new subject for that.

Sincere Apologies
Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 07:48:08 am »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2005, 11:51:49 pm »
Hate to bump an old thread, but I read the SD Max manual, and was wondering why the heck 60 Amp service meant (1) only 48 A power was available and (2) you could only run the heater and two pumps.  :)  Now that I see the NEC code limit is 80% of max, the clouds lift!

Of course, selling things where you can't run all the options at the same time seems a bit misleading, but, OTOH, when would you really run the heater and all *three* pumps? (The things you learn here!)

I'm gonna keep on reading old posts until I can't take it any longer and am sure I'm not making a mistake with a SD Max. :)
--
Lee

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 06:42:59 am »
i am also getting concerned about this issue. just ordered maxxus and was told by dealer you could run everything at same time with 60 amp circuit. with 6 people in tub i am assuming we would want all 3 pumps running and the need for heater to kick on as well. what amperage is needed to run all of these without trip-ping breaker?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 08:12:17 am »
From what I've read, if your in a tub in the winter for an extended period of time the temp could lower 1 or 2 degrees and the heater would kick on normally.

If you had a tub full of people with all three pumps running - the heater won't kick on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 08:12:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42