What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs vs Sundance  (Read 7322 times)

trachda

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Springs vs Sundance
« on: May 17, 2005, 05:18:32 pm »
Help!
We are looking into buying a tub.  We have two dealers in my area, one carries Sundance and Coleman, the other carries Hot Springs.  My first impression is that Sundance costs more for similar features and size.  Is one higher quality than the other?  Coleman is out due to funky headrest.  

The dealer offered us a 2005 Sundance Cameo with ozone, cd/stereo, lift cover and stairs for about $9200, is this fair price?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs vs Sundance
« on: May 17, 2005, 05:18:32 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Springs vs Sundance
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:37:23 pm »
Sundance and Hot Springs have similar reputations (very good) as spa manufacturers. Are you comfortable with the after sale each dealer will/may need to provide? Have you had a chance to wet test either?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:43:53 pm »
Knowing what we all know, we do understand your question.  The responses will be unanimous.  If you have a coin, you can make a very good decision with a flip.

That is an excellent price on a Sundance, probably better than you realize for what you stated.

What kept you from making a decision? ??? ???

If you were to decide on one, which one do you think would be a mistake and why? ???

Now there is a good question.  Please tell us why you did not place the order before you left Hot Springs?  And, Why did you not place the order for the Sundance?  What kept you from buying?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 07:49:59 pm by J._McD »

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 08:31:07 pm »
How is one to know, unless your a dealer, that the price was (better than they realize) so good.  

Show the dealer invoice and the sales receipt from the recent past 5 spa purchases to gain credibilty and validate that great price, and I'm betting your close ratio will sky-rocket.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 09:13:14 pm »
No it wouldn't, they would want a "better" price.  

I have done this before to prove the price was the same for everyone.  They weren't impressed, they didn't buy, they isisted they should get a better price than everyone else.

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 09:27:32 pm »
Hmmm I can see that happening.  I still think you'd take down the barrier of doubting the price offered was in fact a good price, a GREAT price and place you that much closer to closing the deal.

Better to have them walk away feeling your price was fair than to have them walk out with the thought of your price was probably $1000 higher than the bottom price. That's probably not the case, but doubt,pecption...........reality.

"Maybe the next guys price will validate my decision".

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 09:57:57 pm »
Hmmm I can see that happening.  I still think you'd take down the barrier of doubting the price offered was in fact a good price,....................

"Maybe the next guys price will validate my decision".

Is it the barrier of doubt, or is it the lack of trust? ???  

Or is it maybe, I gotta have a better price or you don't get my business?

No offense intended,  but the guy that will validate your price is at a show this weekend.  He knows how to help you make your decision for you with a smile and you will be happy.  I only wish I could do that to people, but then I have been honest far too long to change my stripes.  

This seems to be a consumers game of russian roullete.

Quality, Value (price), Service (dealer)  Pick any two but not three.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 10:11:09 pm by J._McD »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 10:13:36 pm »
Buy the Sundance. Better construction.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 06:16:44 am »
If I were to choose between the two just on brand, I would say sundance.

Put your butt in one and see what feels better, then I would take that one.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 09:28:45 am »
Buy the Sundance. Better construction.

Great information!  You convinced me, I'm switching brands!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:12 am »
Wet test and let your backside decide.

Two of the very best tubs on the market.

I would give HotSpring the edge in jet variety - note I didn't say jet count.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 11:24:56 am »
congratulations!

Great information!  You convinced me, I'm switching brands!

Terminator

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 12:45:16 pm »
The following is a transcript from one of my customers that we recorded on videotape:

"My name is Tim Price of Price Construction.  I recently bought a Jetsetter spa from Mr. Bob Hill who originally purchased the spa here at East Texas Spa.  A few months ago, a large oak tree fell on this spa and, as you can see in this picture, it appears to be completely destroyed.  I purchased the spa from Mr. Hill and had the tree removed.  I then spent about $95 on material to fix the spa and now it works like new.  My wife and I use it everyday.  I highly recommend this spa, the Jetsetter, made by HotSpring Spas."

A 60-foot tall oak tree fell dead-center on this 2-year old Jetsetter lengthwise.  The tree was 6' diameter.  It cracked the Endurol shell on top at each end of the spa.  The force of the impact caused the Everwood panels to detach from the frame in some places.  The impact expelled the pump and heater from the equipment compartment.

Mr. Price purchased some Permalite from us, popped the cracked edges of the shell back into place, and applied the adhesive.  He nailed the Everwood panels back into position, and put the pump and heater back into the cabinet.  He filled the spa with water, plugged it in, and it ran like the day it was built without leaking a drop!

That, my friend, is quality construction! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

masterge

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 01:22:31 pm »
I think you can get them down a little lower.  I just got a 2005 Cameo for $8900.

Pice includes:
Delivery
CDSE Ozone system
Deluxe Hard Cover w/locks
Start-Up Chemicals
Personalized Home Orientation
Delivery and Set-up
Pool/Spa Company Discount Card for Life

Stereo will add $1K and I couldn't get them to budge on that price.

I had to pit various quotes that I received from Sundance dealers around the country to get them to come down from starting price of $10,600.  Also ask for Senior, military, police etc, discounts.

J._McD

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 02:09:29 pm »
"I think you can get them down a little lower.  I just got a 2005 Cameo for $8900."

Maybe not, she was quoted with additional items, a cover lifter, entry step, a stereo and there are 3 CD ozonators, I see you got the SE.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 02:10:33 pm by J._McD »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 02:09:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42